Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-11-2008, 08:08 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Just sat here reading all your comments, when it's on the TV it seems a million miles away but when people you "know" are talking about it, it really brings it home. I hope you are all ok

Old 17-11-2008, 08:56 PM
cpfc since october 1966

palacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperpalacenil has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
some good photos and videos from local news media,
shows what it's like around the homes and the weather/wind conditions.
(sorry about the add at the beginning of the video)
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Old 18-11-2008, 01:53 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Only in California!
Old 18-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Hope all our friends on here in Cal are keeping out of harms way
What he said.
Hope you're all ok guys.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Current fires are insane.... even Kim Kardashian had to evacuate! God the humanity!

Joking aside this is bad...

And all in and around the area of the mass shooting the other night.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Current fires are insane.... even Kim Kardashian had to evacuate! God the humanity!

Joking aside this is bad...

And all in and around the area of the mass shooting the other night.
Yes just read that. Thousand Oaks doesn’t seem the best spot to have been in the last few days.

Some serious devastation

Keep safe
Old 10-11-2018, 03:36 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Going to the Sierra Nevada next summer, taking much more interest in stuff like this. Some of the pictures are unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 10-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was in Malibu in August. Such a beautiful place, so very sad. Hoping the fire fighters can get it under control and it avoids Santa Monica where I have friends.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
You call someplace paradise,
kiss it goodbye.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:20 AM
The Spiky One

Having a big fire out here at this time exasperated by high Santa Ana winds.

As the crow flies some of it is about half a mile from where I live.

So far the wind direction is keeping it away from out area, but very visible and smellable.

Nothing like having a water dropping DC-10 fly directly over your house at I estimate (and I have no concept of altitude) about 1 to 2 thousand feet then do a banking 90 degree turn into the smoke to make a drop you can see when standing in the street.

Local freeways are closed causing amazing gridlock and transportation havoc. Friend of ours who is in the movie/TV industry left work at 11:00pm last night at Universal Studios and got home at 6:00am this morning... about a 20 mile/ 20 minute drive on a normal evening.

Apparently 23,000 people have been evacuated so far as a precaution.

Winds scheduled to dissipate tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon), which should help.

Correction: It is now 100,000 evacuated.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 AM
The Spiky One

Screen shot this off the TV...

Old 12-10-2019, 01:18 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Stay safe Bob.
Can’t say much other than good luck!
Old 12-10-2019, 01:40 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Stay safe Bob.
Can’t say much other than good luck!
Thanks CT... Maybe being too complacent, but I'm more worried about the neighbors tree falling on our house in these winds to be honest.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:59 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Wishing you all the best Bob. Obviously experienced it ourselves last year, and even though it was quite a way away in reality, the smoke was visible and smellable (is that a word?), so must be quite scary for you guys it being so close.

Why are these fires so prevelant in your neck of the woods these days? Is it to do with climate change?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 12-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
I spent 6 hours in a traffic jam outside LA yesterday. We tried to be clever and go off road in a regular rental car and it nearly worked until a couple of aggressive geezers made us turn back despite almost rejoining the highway. I think they thought we were spying on their oil and gas properties!

Does anyone have a view on whether the enforced power cuts have reduced the fires this year or has it made little difference?
Old 12-10-2019, 03:37 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I spent 6 hours in a traffic jam outside LA yesterday. We tried to be clever and go off road in a regular rental car and it nearly worked until a couple of aggressive geezers made us turn back despite almost rejoining the highway. I think they thought we were spying on their oil and gas properties!

Does anyone have a view on whether the enforced power cuts have reduced the fires this year or has it made little difference?
I think at least down here the enforced power outages came too late. The fire(s) going on north of LA at this time apparently started near a power pylon and during high winds. Not official, but from eye witness reports.

To answer Bubbs11's question, it's hard to blame this (or any other) on climate change. They are basically a fact of life in Southern California. Long hot dry summers which are normal, followed by strong Santa Ana winds in early autumn are a recipe for danger. It is colloquially know as Fire Season.

Many of the fires are started by car fires by the side of the freeways that spread to the foliage at the side of the road, or by homeless people camping in the dry river beds.

Winds have definitely died down this morning, but now the air smells very acrid with smoke... not sure if I should go out riding my bike in this air.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Current fires are insane.... even Kim Kardashian had to evacuate!
KK went to the loo? Wow.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:30 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Sort of circumstantial evidence I know, but this is a photo from this morning... note all the power lines/pylons in amongst the smoke. Did one of these lines come down in the wind causing the fire? Personally I think not, and it just a coincidence in this case.

Old 30-10-2019, 01:42 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looks worrying. Hope you’re staying safe Bob and it’s not affecting you too much.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel