Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-10-2019, 04:09 AM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Yep the Joker was amazing. I wasn't going to watch it before due to thinking it was some superhero film, but yes it was superb.

Is it too early to discuss it due to spoilers ?
No spoilers!!!!

Start a 'Joker Film (with Spoilers)' thread instead
Old 16-10-2019, 06:37 AM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Fractured on Netflix ain't bad, although if you're very smart like myself you will work out the ending....
Old 16-10-2019, 12:12 PM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Official Secrets - A must see movie about the whistle blower at the heart of the illegal war in Iraq. Excellent and begs the question: Why aren’t there at least two people serving life sentences for war crimes?
Old 16-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
Saw Joker at the weekend too, can only echo what an amazing film it is. The anti austerity message and mental illness aspect of it was quite close to home for me having a brother in similar circumstances. 10/10.

Watched El Camino A Breaking Bad Movie too, just as good as the series
. 9/10.
Worth watching if you've never watched the series?
Old 16-10-2019, 12:30 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy View Post
No because you will not understand who the characters are.

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
The art of self defense. I hate the American spelling of the title but a really good film.

8/10 for me.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:05 PM
Otis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy View Post
Agree with the previous poster, definitely not.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 16-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
The art of self defense. I hate the American spelling of the title but a really good film.

8/10 for me.
Didn't think I'd like it, but laughed out loud plenty of times. Had that sort of indie Napoleon Dynamite feel about it.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Judy,thought it may have been a bit of a chic flick but no,tragic story and even shed a tear at the end.Rene Zellweger will get nominated for this.9/10
Old 16-10-2019, 03:47 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Once Upon a Time In Hollywood.

Not a big cinema goer, but drawn in by this, at 2h40m, not too long at all.
The time was spent to tell us about the characters and add the colour needed to make the end section work as well as it did.

Original cut was closer to 4h I hear, and that will likely come out as a Netflix mini-series or some such I expect.

Also the soundtrack was superb and carefully chosen to fit with the movie's theme and narrative. There are plenty of reasons why these tracks were chosen.

No problem at all that not everyone liked it, that's the nature of art, and oscar wins etc mean nothing either way to me. This will win oscars for sure, so don't be upset when it does.
Old 16-10-2019, 04:33 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post

The time was spent to tell us about the characters and add the colour needed to make the end section work as well as it did.

Original cut was closer to 4h I hear, and that will likely come out as a Netflix mini-series or some such I expect.

Also the soundtrack was superb and carefully chosen to fit with the movie's theme and narrative. There are plenty of reasons why these tracks were chosen.

No problem at all that not everyone liked it, that's the nature of art, and oscar wins etc mean nothing either way to me. This will win oscars for sure, so don't be upset when it does.
Funny ending. The rest just dragged on and on.
Old 16-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Judy,thought it may have been a bit of a chic flick but no,tragic story and even shed a tear at the end.Rene Zellweger will get nominated for this.9/10
Watched this last night and agree it was very good. Rene had judys mannerisms down to a tee
Old 16-10-2019, 08:05 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post

Spot on.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 16-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another 10/10 rating for the Joker from me. So, so captivating.
Old 16-10-2019, 09:11 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
What the Health (Netflix documentary).

What a load of bollocks more like. Pure vegan propaganda, and I say that as someone who endorses veganism and has tried to make his lifestyle more vegan (for environmental reasons more than health). I switched it off 17 minutes in as soon as he said ‘1 egg a day can be just as bad as 5 cigarettes a day for life expectancy.’ Had a google, and this idiot filmmaker cherry picked an extremely narrow scope of studies, many of which coming from pro vegan organisations, and basically spat in the face of organisations like the American diabetes association, suggesting they’re a load of bullshitters.

0/10
Old 21-10-2019, 08:41 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Suspiria: I've never seen the original, was drawn into watching this by Thom Yorkes soundtrack (which apart from the theme tune was a bit nondescript, imo), but can't say I was that impressed, far too long and I'm not sure WTF was going on at the end. 6/10 (full marks to Tilda Swinton if that is her playing three roles in this, though).
Old 21-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAki Aki Aki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A couple of 10/10 epics re-watched last week. Firstly The Shining, Kubrick's horror masterpiece with Jack on fine form. And then the The Thin Red Line, Terrence Malick's superb war masterpiece..
Old 21-10-2019, 09:13 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Watched Nightcrawler on Netflix. Very good, 8.5/10. Gyllenhall is super creepy in this film.
And last night watched Beasts of no Nation. Superb. Apart from Idris Elba.
Old 21-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
No because you will not understand who the characters are.
Thanks
Old 21-10-2019, 11:57 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
A couple of 10/10 epics re-watched last week. Firstly The Shining, Kubrick's horror masterpiece with Jack on fine form. And then the The Thin Red Line, Terrence Malick's superb war masterpiece..
the thin red line always leaves me in a dreamlike state.

SaulAlinsky