Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

View Poll Results: What is the best video game ever?
Pro Evolution/ISS (any) 19 11.59%
Grant Theft Auto (any) 42 25.61%
FIFA (any) 9 5.49%
Sonic (any) 5 3.05%
Sensible Soccer 17 10.37%
Tetris 4 2.44%
Super Mario (platformers) 11 6.71%
Super Mario Kart 18 10.98%
R-Type 1 0.61%
Paperboy 0 0%
Double Dragon 0 0%
WWE Smackdown (any) 2 1.22%
Zelda 9 5.49%
Street Fighter II and its million spin-offs 4 2.44%
Championship Manager 2/3 (let's face it, 4 is shite) 18 10.98%
Jet Set Willy 5 3.05%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Kareoke King

berg787 is playing for a contract
goldeneye should be on the list

FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO
Old 02-03-2004, 10:51 AM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Skool Daze / Back to Skool
Match Day II
Match Point
(all spectrum)

Speedball II - Mega Drive / Amiga

PES
Medal of honour
GTA

playstation 2

the list could go on and on....
Old 02-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by East-End Eagle
Skool Daze / Back to Skool
Match Day II
Quality. Match Day II was wicked.

But I'd still choose d.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is like a thread on 'best record ever' or 'best sport ever'. It will never be decided.

Barely anything from the old arcade machines on the list, I can complete Double Dragon in about 30 minutes on my arcade machine (To view the link you have to Register or Login) - hardly the best ever. As is Sonic the running and rolling thing (yawn), Super Mario is grown up Donkey Kong so isn't even original, R-Type is Space Invaders on it's side with no skill. FIFA has many faults, PES is playable but not as eye pleasing as FIFA.

I'll give you Tetris which is a best selling ever game although I find it boring
Old 07-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I could go on forever. I have been playing videogames since I was 6 (I'm now 33). Trying to decide on just one is impossible.

Arcade: Space Invaders, Moon Cresta, Galaxians, Tempest, Star Wars, Return Of The Jedi, Bomb Jack, Galaga, Robocop, Moon Patrol, R-Type, Nemesis, Xevious.

Atari 2600: Space Invaders, Defender, Pac-Man, Missile Command, Asteroids, Combat, Pong, Adventure.

Spectrum: Skool Daze, Starquake, Pyjamarama, Football Manager (burnt out my power supply playing that one), Atic Atac, Sabre Wulf (actually anything by Ultimate), Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy.

Mega Drive: NHLPA Hockey '93 (and no other version), the genius that is Sensible Soccer, Micro Machines, Sonic The Hedgehog, NBA Jam, Madden.

SNES: Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link To The Past, Super Star Wars, Street Fighter II, International Superstar Soccer, Super Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Yoshi's Island.

Playstation: Final Fantasy VII, Tempest 3000, Robotron 2084, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy Tactics, Kurushi, Tony Hawk Skateboarding 1 and 2, Brian Lara Cricket.

N64: Both Zelda's, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, ISS64, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, the hugely underrated Blast Corps, Mario Golf.

Dreamcast: Mr Driller, Jet Set Radio, Power Stone.

Gameboy: Tetris

PS2: Grand Theft Auto and it's sequel, Pro Evolution, Jak II, Ico, Rez, Tiger Woods 2004.

Gamecube: Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Luigi's Mansion.

X-Box: Halo, KOTOR.

GBA: Metroid Fusion, Kuru Kuru Kururin (too many to mention).

PC: Doom, Quake, Half-Life, Unreal, Civilisation II, Championship Manager 2 (3 or 4 have not bettered it).

I'm sure I've missed out tons, but it just shows how difficult it is to put your finger on just one title - near impossible.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:45 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lots of old games put down. I admit, they were addictive. But evolution makes a big difference in gaming. (Not Pro Evolution - Even though that's what I voted. ) For example, As good as Sensible soccer was, it doesn't compare to the mentioned title above with nowadays standards.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:48 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil

PC: Championship Manager 2 (3 or 4 have not bettered it).
Lots of people say this. But I can't imagine people going back and playing CM2 now that sequels are out. Ok, so there will be some people. But very few. I know I couldn't.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:52 AM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - brilliantly designed, hilarious.
Sensible World Of Soccer - Revolutionary
Pro Evo Soccer 3 - Football, evolved.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Forever Young

Wingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWingy_CPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by daz_eagle
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - brilliantly designed, hilarious.
Sensible World Of Soccer - Revolutionary
Pro Evo Soccer 3 - Football, evolved.
Monkey Island was the first game that really got me into gaming. Must of been addicted to adventure games for 5 years because of that, would barely play anything else. Kinda obvious you're a fan by you avatar

What did you think of Monkey 3 and 4? I still think the first two cannot be bettered...

Special mention for best ever series HAS to go to Final Fantasy for me, I've fallen in love with every one of them, absolute gems. Haven't played FF X-2 yet though - can anyone tell me how good it actually is compared to FF X?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:11 AM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes mate I'm with you, Ron Gilbert (the creator genius) left LucasFilm after Monkey Island 2, and although I played and enjoyed MI 3 & 4, they lacked the magic of the pixelated predecessors. They were just the perfect adventure games, brilliant characters, storyline, music and all.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:19 AM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally posted by Thanet Eagle
Jet Set Willy. Classic!
i'm with you on that, or possibly Bombjack!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Kareoke King

berg787 is playing for a contract
quite surprising that ChampMan is not on the poll???

FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO
Old 10-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by markholmes1991
i'm with you on that, or possibly Bombjack!
I lost count of the amount of 10p's I used playing Bomb Jack. Anyone remember when arcade machines used to be that cheap
Old 10-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Crying Plastic

Lambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Glad to see the three best games ever sharing the lead.

"Watford please please please beat this lot"
Old 10-03-2004, 03:57 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Winning Eleven 7:International
Old 10-03-2004, 05:17 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
after borrowing it from a friend and loving it, imho HALO must be up there

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Editor of Track Talent

Calder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Why isnt Metal Gear Solid series in there?
Old 10-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Editor of Track Talent

Calder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Oh and Gran Turismo series
Old 10-03-2004, 05:23 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i also rate the MGS and GT series

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 10-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
NHLPA Hockey '93 was fantastic. I was always Detroit

That and Sensible soccer on the Amiga kept me out of trouble.