Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

View Poll Results: What is the best video game ever?
Pro Evolution/ISS (any) 19 11.59%
Grant Theft Auto (any) 42 25.61%
FIFA (any) 9 5.49%
Sonic (any) 5 3.05%
Sensible Soccer 17 10.37%
Tetris 4 2.44%
Super Mario (platformers) 11 6.71%
Super Mario Kart 18 10.98%
R-Type 1 0.61%
Paperboy 0 0%
Double Dragon 0 0%
WWE Smackdown (any) 2 1.22%
Zelda 9 5.49%
Street Fighter II and its million spin-offs 4 2.44%
Championship Manager 2/3 (let's face it, 4 is shite) 18 10.98%
Jet Set Willy 5 3.05%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Games that were all excellent in their time

Supercars 2
Megolamania
Sid Myers Pirates
Mario Kart (Snes)
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Goldeneye
Balder's Gate I&II
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
GTA San Andreas
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Red Dead Redemption
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Old 30-12-2018, 09:15 PM

EaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglesSnapBack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
007 Goldeneye on N64
Mafia:The City of Lost Haven PC
GTA:Vice City PC/PS2
Empire Earth PC
(OH god.... World Of Warcraft Original)
Old 30-12-2018, 09:16 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Goldeneye is over 20 years old and yet I still think it's not been beaten in terms of pure enjoyment.
Old 30-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Red Dead Redemption on the 360. Greatest game I ever played.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 31-12-2018, 08:21 PM

The12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe12thman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
best game ever

NES: Snake Rattle and Roll, Duck Hunt, Mario 1,2,3, Wizards and Warriors, Probotector, Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2, Mega Man

SNES: Mario World, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Chrono trigger

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 2, Micro Machines

PS1: command and conquer red alert link up play.

PS2: Tekken 2, Resident Evil, Half Life 2

N64: Mario Karts, Goldeneye, Starfox

Xbox: Ninja Gaiden, GTA SAN Andreas

Xbox 360: GTA 4, Red Dead, all Borderlands, Singularity, All Bioshocks, Dead Space, Assassins Creed, Dead Island, Dishonoured.

Last edited by The12thman; 01-01-2019 at 05:36 AM.
Old 31-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Goldeneye is over 20 years old and yet I still think it's not been beaten in terms of pure enjoyment.
It's only slightly older than this thread...
Old 31-12-2018, 08:40 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Christmas 1998. Great times! Shame about the bastard flu I had that kept me off the last week of school before the holiday. Was actually horrific mind, in bed for a week.
Old 31-12-2018, 10:19 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
I used to buy the current FIFA game every couple of years from 1997 until 2005, where I thought I would give PES5 a go.

I've played it pretty much every weekend since then and 13 years on I'm still not anywhere near to getting bored of it.

Cheers Konamiboys,

Carlos
Old 03-01-2019, 11:42 AM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know it's old, but it's a travesty to see sports games on there but no Metal Gear Solid.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:57 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
I used to buy the current FIFA game every couple of years from 1997 until 2005, where I thought I would give PES5 a go.

I've played it pretty much every weekend since then and 13 years on I'm still not anywhere near to getting bored of it.

Cheers Konamiboys,

Carlos
PES5 and PES6 were unreal.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by squelchy18 View Post
I know it's old, but it's a travesty to see sports games on there but no Metal Gear Solid.
The Metal Gear games have all been pretty excellent. I am currently enjoying MGSV.

Also special mention for The Last of Us.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:08 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I love football games but would never include them in a top video games list personally.

My top 3 are still pretty entrenched... Bad a few games that are good but none that have WOWED me for quite some time now.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:46 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pro Evolution/ISS outscoring Zelda LOL.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:03 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I love football games but would never include them in a top video games list personally.

My top 3 are still pretty entrenched... Bad a few games that are good but none that have WOWED me for quite some time now.
Cant speak for others, but I formed my list purely on which games I have the fondest memories of and enjoyed at the time. E.g, Tekken 4 wasn’t a very good game and is considered by most Tekken fans to be one of the worst of the franchise, but 9 year old me loved it. Same for FIFA, Pokemon, COD and Football Manager games I picked. If I picked the games purely based on how objectively good and well crafted each is, my list would be much shorter.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:06 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Cant speak for others, but I formed my list purely on which games I have the fondest memories of and enjoyed at the time. E.g, Tekken 4 wasnít a very good game and is considered by most Tekken fans to be one of the worst of the franchise, but 9 year old me loved it. Same for FIFA, Pokemon, COD and Football Manager games I picked. If I picked the games purely based on how objectively good and well crafted each is, my list would be much shorter.
I agree...

My top 3 are:

1. Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
2. Assassin's Creed II
3. Super Metroid.

All superb games but also very fond memories of all three.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The answer is the last of us.

I can forgive people who posted before 2013 for not knowing this, but no one after that.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Soul Survivor

Caisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betrayCaisterman is like ice, their footing does betray
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Sensible Soccer
Just Cause 2
Old 03-01-2019, 05:39 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The answer is the last of us.

I can forgive people who posted before 2013 for not knowing this, but no one after that.
Considering buying a cheap PS3 just to play it, and all the other PlayStation exclusives I’ve missed out on.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Considering buying a cheap PS3 just to play it, and all the other PlayStation exclusives Iíve missed out on.
Me too, but I have a massive backload of games to work through on my Xbox first.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:51 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would be command and conquer and championship manager