Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-07-2004, 02:34 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Granada allover
And this thread plays right into the advertising consultants' hands.

You are recalling their work - maybe for all the wrong reasons, but they don't care. That's all they want.

esure? Never heard of them until Michael Loser smarmed onto my screen.

Oh, and, er, just to rub salt...

Hello Mum
I will never use "More Than", I will never eat McCain Oven Chips, and I will never buy as Daewoo - that really will be the day. All due to crappy ads.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:37 PM

Dodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Granada allover
And this thread plays right into the advertising consultants' hands.

You are recalling their work - maybe for all the wrong reasons, but they don't care. That's all they want.

esure? Never heard of them until Michael Loser smarmed onto my screen.

Oh, and, er, just to rub salt...

Hello Mum
someone always comes out with this line when this topic pops up, it's crap though innit.

All i'm gonna do when I next look for car insurance is think i'm not using that esure, they use that prat Michael Winner to advertise.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will it be chips or frozen peas
Will it be mushrooms or fried onion rings

blah blah

You'll have to wait and see
Hope it's chips, it's chips
We hope it's chips, its chips!
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 02-07-2004, 02:56 PM
ribbitt

Baron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truthBaron Greenback is slamming the wasps from the pure apple of truth
As far as I'm concerned, the poorer the advert, the better. "I love horses, they're the best of the animals" was a modern classic.
The Michael Winner esure ads are also so bad, that I've grown a soft spot for them.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:59 PM

neilwhitehouse is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Dodger
All i'm gonna do when I next look for car insurance is think i'm not using that esure, they use that prat Michael Winner to advertise.
calm down dear!
Old 02-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by MicksSis
The worst ever ad was a few years back.It had a Stepford type wife singing about 'shake n' Vac.
Agreed - plumbed the depths of naffness - but then that advert (and also the one mentioned by flappy chicken) was on tv > 20 odd years ago - now that's one hell of an impact on the mind. Never bought Shake 'n' Vac myself though.

MInd you there was an ad a couple of years back with fans going to a game in a car - one of them was a Palace fan I'm sure - were we 'playing' Chelsea? Can't for the life of me remember the ad. Got to be a class ad simply for the Palace connection.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:10 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like the Michael Winner ones. I'm really a very good driver.

I hate anything with those 2 fat slags from Birds of a Feather. I'm sure they've been in adverts. Those would be the worst.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:18 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
I've had way too much of those sodding Insurance helpdesk telephonists imaging that they're Charlie's Angels/James Bond.

Not only are they intensely irritating and unamusing but they seem to appear on every other sodding Ad break I ever watch ... and unlike the genius of the Shake N Vac which succeeded in being so deliberately annoying that there's hardly a 30-something in the whole of Britain that hasn't heard of the product, I honestly can't remember off-hand which insurance company it's promoting. It must be a staggering waste of money considering how often they're on.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:20 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why would anyone watch adverts?

Surely they're what the remote control was invented for?

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:23 PM

Dodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The other day I was quite happily sat down watching some adverts on TV and suddenly ITV started interrupting them with bits of Euro 2004.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:24 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Jacob's Cream Crackers - "Don't knacker it, cracker it".
Old 02-07-2004, 03:24 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One day someone will make a decent chewing gum advert. I may not live to see it though.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
The worst ever, IMHO, is the present Doritos one starring Vernon Kay. He should be banned from TV forever for that one
Old 02-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Tic Tac's advert is great. Insert Picture of Shaking Boobs here--------->
Crystal Ball Top 20 2018/2019
Crystal Ball WINNER! 2019/2020

Vote Moo moo2
Old 02-07-2004, 03:41 PM

HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3
Do you remember the ancient wrigleys one where they carry the giant packet?"carry the big freah flavour,wherever you go whatever you do..etc

All the ones featuring dubious loans in the daytime should be banned
Old 02-07-2004, 03:42 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
One day someone will make a decent chewing gum advert. I may not live to see it though.
There used to be back in the 60s DL

Clap Hands One Two
Lets Take A Trip to the Wrigley Zoo
Chitter Chatter
Yackity Yack
When You Talk To the animals
They Talk Back!

(All in a sureal cartoon stylee)

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 02-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by nookiebear
The worst ever, IMHO, is the present Doritos one starring Vernon Kay. He should be banned from TV forever for that one
I loathe that
Old 02-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Anonymous Coward

Has to be the adverts on the music channels on sky with the bloody ringtones and this -

Annoys the out of me.

Old 02-07-2004, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy
Jacob's Cream Crackers - "Don't knacker it, cracker it".
That advert was particularly offensive and I complained to the relevant authorities. I'm pleased to say that took my complaint seriously and had the advert banned.

*This posting is a joke for BBS clique members only*
Old 02-07-2004, 03:55 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dodger
*This posting is a joke for BBS clique members only*
Does that mean I'm in the cleeeeeeeek now?