Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I appreciate it is the Oppositions duty to question the Government of the day, but saying the government are doing this that and the other wrong regarding the current situation on your first day on the job strikes me was very unhelpful and somewhat rum.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I appreciate it is the Oppositions duty to question the Government of the day, but saying the government are doing this that and the other wrong regarding the current situation on your first day on the job strikes me was very unhelpful and somewhat rum.
It really isn't. It has been criticism and challenges of government statements which have led to steps to improve PPE provision and testing.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:46 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Lavery, Gardiner, Trickett all out of the Shadow Cabinet. Burgon expected to go.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 05-04-2020, 03:48 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Lavery, Gardiner, Trickett all out of the Shadow Cabinet. Burgon expected to go.
good,good,good and yes f***ing please!

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-04-2020, 03:50 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Well thatís your view. I think heís worse than Brown and Miliband in terms of centrists. Labour is currently fairly devoid of leadership talent. But surely there has to be better than him.
but you can't put your finger on who?

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-04-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
He didnít really say anything much. And sounded like someone who has pushed paper around in the civil service for 40 years. Heís a technocrat not a leader. And will fail.

Boris Johnson is indeed useless you donít need to convince me of that.
FFS change the record....

SaulAlinsky
Old 05-04-2020, 03:53 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
It really isn't. It has been criticism and challenges of government statements which have led to steps to improve PPE provision and testing.
Absolutely right.

Starmer also said he was going to join the government's efforts to defeat the virus.

He made some very useful other points too. One of them was that when we get a viable working vaccine, we need the centres where it will be administered already set up and ready, and I agree. The trouble with this government so far, is that apart from the Nightingale hospital, they have been reactive, and not pro-active. This has meant we have always been playing catch up, and all this stuff about doing things at the right time during the outbreak doesn't wash anymore.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
It is the job of an opposition party to hold the government to account. This role is particularly important at this moment in time when lives are at risk.

They can do it in a way that does not try and score political points.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
How?
Because that is where the country is heading right now.And it's not just here,it's the US and Europe too (in an even more extreme way).People don't want the standard politicians they have had for years,they are fed up of life being the same and hearing the same crap from them over and over again.We both know that life can get an awful lot worse than this the further right we go,but most people have never lived through that.They don't remember Germany in the 1930s.If you polled everyone issue by issue you would probably find that socially we are pretty right wing.This is the rhetoric I'm hearing more and more,people are not scared to air views in public that 10 years ago they might have felt socially ashamed to do."Electability" right now means being more populist,more anti establishment and being right of centre.If Labour wants to win that is where it needs to stand on a number of issues.I don't want Labour to stand for those values,I want to be able to vote for a party that offers an alternative.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:58 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
No one could offer an alternative to Corbyn when I asked.Starmer certainly wasn't mentioned by anyone but now that he is potentially moving Labour back into the "centre ground" he is suddenly the best thing since sliced bread on here.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:58 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Anneliese Dodds Shadow Chancellor
Lisa Nandy Shadow Foreign Sec
Nick Thomas-Symonds Shadow Home Sc
Rachel Reeves - Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster

EDIT:Jonathan Ashworth, Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
Emily Thornberry will remain in the Cabinet - confirmed role tomorrow.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 05-04-2020, 04:01 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
I think cr and meee would welcome a Beria-type figure.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Who?
Labour are bereft of anyone who can lead the party so it's unlikely that anyone will be better than Starmer.But I don't think people are grasping that Labour will lose regardless of leader.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I voted for RLB but to me that is more proof of the state of the PLP than anything else.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:04 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Lavery, Gardiner, Trickett all out of the Shadow Cabinet. Burgon expected to go back to gaseous planet in a different solar system that he came from.
I wonder if he will leave his magical translate alien and talk through the nose machine, it was interesting although a little slow in the sound delivery.

I wonder what the real language on planet Burgon sounds like.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:06 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
You would be the first in line for the Gulag you jumped up Kulak (-:
Old 05-04-2020, 04:08 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Not impressed by the quality of the shadow cabinet. Nandy is a potentially nasty and dangerous politician. Strange choice for chancellor. Once again shows the lack of talent.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:09 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Who?
Batman?

Old 05-04-2020, 04:10 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Plus the lockdown and social distancing, which is important in fighting this
Old 05-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not impressed by the quality of the shadow cabinet. Nandy is a potentially nasty and dangerous politician. Strange choice for chancellor. Once again shows the lack of talent.
Ok then

Name your leader and SC