Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-05-2012, 12:17 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by le piddler
He is,the company is called HESL or something along those lines,I did some work over at Heathrow for them a couple of year ago,and yes the Ninja was woring for them as an accountant in their office!
Please confirm or deny whether he was wearing the headband
Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by le piddler
He is,the company is called HESL or something along those lines,I did some work over at Heathrow for them a couple of year ago,and yes the Ninja was woring for them as an accountant in their office!
Did you miss out an H or a K there?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The thinning issue was true. Where Young used to head the ball so much it caused a weakness to his forehead. Not really sure how the little towelling thing he used would help that much but it became synonymous with the Ninja!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
The thinning issue was true. Where Young used to head the ball so much it caused a weakness to his forehead. Not really sure how the little towelling thing he used would help that much but it became synonymous with the Ninja!
The headband was to protect scar tissue from an earlier injury; not wear and tear from heading the ball too much. I have no experience in treating sporting injuries but I reckon it was probably far more effective in protecting his old injury than Peter Cech's scrum cap is at preventing another fractured skull.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
The headband was to protect scar tissue from an earlier injury; not wear and tear from heading the ball too much. I have no experience in treating sporting injuries but I reckon it was probably far more effective in protecting his old injury than Peter Cech's scrum cap is at preventing another fractured skull.
I think I didn't make myself clear... The injury as you say was from a previous injury. The headband was to stop him splitting it open again, mainly from heading the ball too much.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:23 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I heard he can be found somewhere not being beaten.... you'll never beat the Ninja.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 PM

CPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice
Didn't Andy Thorn get sent off in the league match for smashing Keown in the face with his elbow, causing fifteen quid's worth of improvement, and Keown got sent off for retaliating?

Maybe getting confused with Andy Thorn and Neil Ruddock(?) both getting sent off in the league game vs Tottenham at White Hart Lane in the early 90's
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM

CPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 3:16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When Ruddock was playing for Spurs, of course
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."
Old 25-03-2020, 02:19 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Happy Birthday Ninja. The big "60" today.
Old 25-03-2020, 03:12 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
60? Blimey

Difficult to think of a better centre half at the Palace and must have seen at least 40 play for us
Old 25-03-2020, 03:24 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I still think of him looking the same he always did. I certainly don't look like the 14 year old I was though at the same time.
Old 25-03-2020, 06:27 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Warrior
Old 25-03-2020, 11:22 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Frightening isn't it that he is 60 now , although the team of the 80s are probably similar age
Old 25-03-2020, 11:32 PM
Loving the LED.

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Loved him great centre half.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:33 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Loved him and Thorn at the back
Old 26-03-2020, 12:43 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like to think that this is the Ninja:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sadly it isn't.
Old 26-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Loved him and Thorn at the back
Me too, ninja had such nimble feet for a big centre half and Andy Thorn’s flick on’s at corners were legendary
Old 26-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Reading the report above Keown got the wrong man - Thomas did his nose with "a clumsy forearm smash" - the Ninja must have done Keown's lip .... those were the days .... "purely accidental" of course. Keown went on to say when Everton played Palace in the league in September he went into the match seeking revenge ... on the Ninja I believe?
The game was 13 days later at Selhurst.

For a 0-0 draw it was pretty eventful. Two separate heavy hailstorms and then in the 2nd half Keown absolutely crucified the Ninja. Eric landed so awkwardly and it made a 'crack' sound. I honestly thought he was dead. Ground was silent.

Keown red carded but given the history from Wembley I'm sure he was thinking 'job done'.

Ninja was eventually led off slowly by the physio much to our collective relief. Horrible day

There was also some naughty stuff at Goodison in the September 91 game as well.
Old 27-03-2020, 12:19 AM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
There was also some naughty stuff at Goodison in the September 91 game as well.
That's where Thorn went really high on Ward and received a straight red. Also remember Gray having a barney with one of their defenders.