Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-03-2020, 11:53 PM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
Apparently their test kits are the biggest and best test kits
I thought I saw on Sky earlier that it was a British company that makes these?
Maybe they are also made abroad as well and we are also buying these?

I'm still very impressed with all the answers from CMO Whiity and CSA Vallance, think they have both given very clear, decisive answers to all questions so far.

Also, a very special shout out to Chris Whitty. How the hell anyone can go that long without blinking... Respect.
I ain't ever playing 'stare out' with you.
Old 25-03-2020, 11:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
If people in their numbers receive the anti-bodies test and are found to have had it and will probably enjoy some level of immunity, surely there's a danger that once they're out and about they'll continue to spread it if it's picked up on clothes, shoes, food etc? Doesn't change the long-term lockdown necessity, does it?
Old 26-03-2020, 12:06 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
If people in their numbers receive the anti-bodies test and are found to have had it and will probably enjoy some level of immunity, surely there's a danger that once they're out and about they'll continue to spread it if it's picked up on clothes, shoes, food etc? Doesn't change the long-term lockdown necessity, does it?
If we have herd immunity it does. Those at risk will still need to be careful but the herd canít carry them forever preventing against the risk. Remember those hyenas? They will leave you alone. I promised.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:09 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
In all seriousness that is the point of herd immunity. If the majority have had it they may still carry it on secondary infection but won’t be sneezing or coughing with it. But like everything else that can kill us we can’t all be locked away forever.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:10 AM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Awful Newsnight interview with the business secretary... sounds like the ventilator numbers are confused/misleading... the testing Ďramping upí is pretty much b*llocks... Total fecking shambles.
Shhhh. You can't say that.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:12 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
In all seriousness that is the point of herd immunity. If the majority have had it they may still carry it on secondary infection but wonít be sneezing or coughing with it. But like everything else that can kill us we canít all be locked away forever.
Yes, I suppose I'm being a tad selfish about wanting a few more years.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:15 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palaceporky View Post
I thought I saw on Sky earlier that it was a British company that makes these?
Maybe they are also made abroad as well and we are also buying these?

I'm still very impressed with all the answers from CMO Whiity and CSA Vallance, think they have both given very clear, decisive answers to all questions so far.

Also, a very special shout out to Chris Whitty. How the hell anyone can go that long without blinking... Respect.
I ain't ever playing 'stare out' with you.
Sorry, meant to quote Vendy with this.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes, I suppose I'm being a tad selfish about wanting a few more years.
If I were you Iíd feel exactly the same. And on a personal level I really really hope you donít get it. Herd immunity is a bitch. I was lying about the hyenas by the way. Iím home schooling now and had to teach about cannibalism today so Iím all in with brutal truth. Until tomorrow when itís probably history or geography.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:20 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Well I sincerely hope you are wrong , because I have seen the human race go from despicable to heartwarming on many occasions, in many places , and today was one of those moments that reminded me of them I think by the time we come out the other side of this people will have a lot more in common than they have had for a very long time , it won't just disappear .
In several posts you come across as naive / even within your own writing which should lead you to the correct conclusions, but doesn't.

Yes, while 450,000 volunteers is heartwarming news, and while a horde of Olympic volunteers makes the UK look great in international eyes; you need to dig deeper.

Why the call for volunteers - is the UK so poor that they couldn't offer some monetary compensation. Is there no one in authority that thinks that perhaps these people deserve some increment? Are these people being used by government in lieu of spending some money

Lots of stories of people losing their jobs etc.. couldn't they be employed in this with a small salary.

Your own post states of stories of humanity being despicable followed by acts of genorisity and kindness. You can be sure that the country (and all countries) have a % of the despicable people and a % of the saints. You can be sure that there isn't a ven diagram where a lot of those in the first category cross over to the second.

Some examples just from the BBS other the last few days...

People at supermarkets in the queue designated for NHS workers or old people, who then get aggressive if they aren't allowed to shop.

People offering false tests and vaccinations.

A person pouring milk over a shop assistant becuase he wasn't allowed to buy it.

A person paying with a 50 quid note held in his mouth.

The bosses at Brett's wife's work.

The bosses at various hotels, their actions and their poor backtracking.

The bosses at Wetherspoons and Sports Direct.

The couple who drove all the way down to the Alps and back again, because they didn't want to miss their holiday.

All those treating the crisis as a chance to have fun in the sunshine.

All those packing the pubs out recently.

All those that think they know better than common sense or official advice - for example the holiday home crowd? Backward and forward, and making sure they get provisons in the shops while there.

Yobs walking the stret spitting in old people's faces.

People going to work when they know they don't have to.

Bosses/Companies making them do so because they are incapable of making a decision without waiting for the government to order them.

Disneyland Paris getting the crowds in before forced closure

Clent facing execs and decision makers at most banks, insurance companies and the like. Include SOME of those who work at places like social security and immigration as well.

Richard Branson.

The list seems endless, just like this post. LOL

How many of these people are signing up to volunteer? What % of the population do these types represent in the UK. High I think.

And then at a stretch, you may be suggesting some of these people are 'capable' of and 'self-aware' enough of their past selfishness and poor behaviour that post crisis they will have a fundamental, and caring, personality change...

In respect of the pubs, supermarkets, DIY centres, parks, beauty spots etc. you are talking about millions of selfish people.

It must be great in your utopic mind set.

I prefer being aware that there are a goodly number of cnuts out there, and there will always be so.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
In several posts you come across as naive / even within your own writing which should lead you to the correct conclusions, but doesn't.

Yes, while 450,000 volunteers is heartwarming news, and while a horde of Olympic volunteers makes the UK look great in international eyes; you need to dig deeper.

Why the call for volunteers - is the UK so poor that they couldn't offer some monetary compensation. Is there no one in authority that thinks that perhaps these people deserve some increment? Are these people being used by government in lieu of spending some money

Lots of stories of people losing their jobs etc.. couldn't they be employed in this with a small salary.

Your own post states of stories of humanity being despicable followed by acts of genorisity and kindness. You can be sure that the country (and all countries) have a % of the despicable people and a % of the saints. You can be sure that there isn't a ven diagram where a lot of those in the first category cross over to the second.

Some examples just from the BBS other the last few days...

People at supermarkets in the queue designated for NHS workers or old people, who then get aggressive if they aren't allowed to shop.

People offering false tests and vaccinations.

A person pouring milk over a shop assistant becuase he wasn't allowed to buy it.

A person paying with a 50 quid note held in his mouth.

The bosses at Brett's wife's work.

The bosses at various hotels, their actions and their poor backtracking.

The bosses at Wetherspoons and Sports Direct.

The couple who drove all the way down to the Alps and back again, because they didn't want to miss their holiday.

All those treating the crisis as a chance to have fun in the sunshine.

All those packing the pubs out recently.

All those that think they know better than common sense or official advice - for example the holiday home crowd? Backward and forward, and making sure they get provisons in the shops while there.

Yobs walking the stret spitting in old people's faces.

People going to work when they know they don't have to.

Bosses/Companies making them do so because they are incapable of making a decision without waiting for the government to order them.

Disneyland Paris getting the crowds in before forced closure

Clent facing execs and decision makers at most banks, insurance companies and the like. Include SOME of those who work at places like social security and immigration as well.

Richard Branson.

The list seems endless, just like this post. LOL

How many of these people are signing up to volunteer? What % of the population do these types represent in the UK. High I think.

And then at a stretch, you may be suggesting some of these people are 'capable' of and 'self-aware' enough of their past selfishness and poor behaviour that post crisis they will have a fundamental, and caring, personality change...

In respect of the pubs, supermarkets, DIY centres, parks, beauty spots etc. you are talking about millions of selfish people.

It must be great in your utopic mind set.

I prefer being aware that there are a goodly number of cnuts out there, and there will always be so.
**** loads of people are being furloughed with the government picking up 80% of their wages. Theyíre being paid.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:28 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Lockdown starts tomorrow here in Santiago. 7 districts in almost complete housebound quarantine. Need a police permission slip with a 3 hr window to even go to the supermarket.

See an explosion in afflicted tomorrow as queues overwhelm supermarkets and other places.

7 day initial lockdown.

Last edited by PeterH; 26-03-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:30 AM

As for the rest I quite agree.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:33 AM

Quote:
**** loads of people are being furloughed with the government picking up 80% of their wages. Theyíre being paid.
And yet many of them having to be TOLD by Boris to stay at home and not treat it all as one big holiday in the park or at the beach.

I would hold off on quoting exact numbers of those getting 80% of their wages without working (and free) until they actually see the money. A soundbite doesn't pay the bills.

And that soundbite may yet turn into a nasty later surprise via the tax codes - people don't get money for free. Wait for the emergency budget in November.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:39 AM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I still find it odd we have, or will shortly have an antibody test and not heard it from any other countries?

The word bought also implies a third party came up with it.

Really hope it's on the way.
Cuomo mentioned it a couple of days ago. Didnít get the sense it was close.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
And yet many of them having to be TOLD by Boris to stay at home and not treat it all as one big holiday in the park or at the beach.

I would hold off on quoting exact numbers of those getting 80% of their wages without working (and free) until they actually see the money. A soundbite doesn't pay the bills.

And that soundbite may yet turn into a nasty later surprise via the tax codes - people don't get money for free. Wait for the emergency budget in November.
The employer has to pay the bill and claim it back from HMRC. So if it’s false expect total collapse at the end of April when employers don’t get reimbursed for March.

Total ******* carnage would ensue as everyone I know is furloughed already.

May at best. I’m paying my staff in full for March.

Last edited by Hpalace; 26-03-2020 at 01:02 AM.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
HK on the rise which is concerning.

Reading and analysing graphs your strong point?

In basic terms the concerns are those lines to the left of Italy of the countries mentioned on the graph.

There may be countries that haven't reported or haven't reached 100 yet or are not considered worthy of inclusion.

The other thing to be wary of is the possible of it starting again in countries that have flattened the curve after a major hit.

I guess some countries like The UK and Germany are getting to peak bed/ICU use, so their figures could take a nasty turn.

Overall the graph shows a positive picture and suggests that at least countries are getting to grips with this, albeit at a human, social and economic cost.

A spike in somewhere like US, Brazil or Turkey would be a concern. Spain doesn't look great TBH.

Last edited by PeterH; 26-03-2020 at 03:53 AM.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:49 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I still find it odd we have, or will shortly have an antibody test and not heard it from any other countries?

The word bought also implies a third party came up with it.

Really hope it's on the way.
They are starting this test here in Indonesia. Mostly for medical staff at the moment.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:58 AM

Quote:
The employer has to pay the bill and claim it back from HMRC. So if itís false expect total collapse at the end of April when employers donít get reimbursed for March.

Total ******* carnage would ensue as everyone I know is furloughed already.

May at best. Iím paying my staff in full for March.
How do employers survive long enough to pay the bill in industries based on collapsing orders? i.e. very tight turnover. A small, family decorating business that has employed a couple of workers for 15 years.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:54 AM

Dr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDr Mags came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bintang View Post
They are starting this test here in Indonesia. Mostly for medical staff at the moment.

And is the test a reliable one? No test is better than a bad test. People erroneously believing they donít have antibodies or worse still believing they have antibodies when they donít. The briefings here in the UK have been very clear; the test has to be shown to be reliable before it is rolled out. There are established ways of conducting reliability testing.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:11 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Reading and analysing graphs your strong point?

In basic terms the concerns are those lines to the left of Italy of the countries mentioned on the graph.

There may be countries that haven't reported or haven't reached 100 yet or are not considered worthy of inclusion.

The other thing to be wary of is the possible of it starting again in countries that

Overall the graph shows a positive picture and suggests that at least countries are getting to grips
Sorry but I canít work out why we keep referring to this graph like itís useful. Surely itís only reflective of the true picture of everyone is being tested. The more people get tested the more positive cases.

We arenít testing as many people as the US for example.

Or have I misunderstood- genuine question ?