Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:12 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Some punchy stats there
Old 09-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Seems like BJS's old man won't be happy until he can get his son out of this fight. Apparently is playing the old "the ring is too small trick." Fury's people pulled the same stroke in Germany when he won the title. What is it with all these fathers getting their noses stuck into everything. John Fury is a gobshite, as is Saunders's old fella. You had AJ's old man threatening to knock out Eddy Hearn when his son lost to the Mexi and Eubank still wipes his son's botty for him. Am convinced that team Saunders have seen all the mad Mexicans getting warmed up for Cinco de Mayo and have bottled it.
Hearn has got a punchable face, but it's like the real estate agent. We all think we can do a better job until you try it alone and realize you need leeches like that. Too many daddy's getting their few hours of fame from their sons sweat and blood.
Like ****** Smith
To view the link you have to Register or Login
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 09-05-2021, 04:38 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
He was never winning on decision anyway as clearly the judges cards showed. But I also had him up, I'm gutted for BJS but also gutted as the fight was panning to be something interesting the way it was playing out.

Who knows where he goes from here, he deserves a rematch but Canelo has already stated Plant is next on his list. I think the money will be in a hype up with Eubank and BJS, hopefully Saunders puts that prick firmly to bed.

Clinton Morrison
Old 09-05-2021, 05:49 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Not sure what Eubank has done to deserve a rematch but if it sells then maybe. Plenty would pay to see one or the other lose!
Old 09-05-2021, 06:08 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
All due respect, but it doesn't matter what you or I think. Scoring punches have nothing to do with power in amateur and professional boxing. You also score more for clean head shots so actually I think the stats you posted counter your argument.
I would disagree, if a round is fairly even in terms of punches landed but one fighter was clearly landing the much harder and solid punches then he would be given that round by most people/judges in my view.

2 of the judges had it 6-2 Canelo, the other 5-3 Canelo through 8 rounds.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:20 PM

churley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchurley1988 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Virtually impossible for BJS to win that fight based on the scorecard. I had him up as well, or at least one round in it either side. The fact they scored it so widely until that point suggests he wasn’t going to win even if he’d been able to carry on without the injury.

Fighting Eubank Jr would definitely be of interest to many fans I think. I know the latter is a bellend but I don’t think Saunders has covered himself in glory at times!
Old 09-05-2021, 07:08 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by churley1988 View Post
Virtually impossible for BJS to win that fight based on the scorecard. I had him up as well, or at least one round in it either side.
You covered every angle there
Old 09-05-2021, 11:04 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I say enjoy Canelo while he is here, BJS did well but it was so clear that Canelo is levels above and could pretty much go up and down the gears at ease. The way he cuts the ring and his head movement and power are so impressive.

I think thats the end for BJS.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:08 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by churley1988 View Post
Virtually impossible for BJS to win that fight based on the scorecard. I had him up as well, or at least one round in it either side. The fact they scored it so widely until that point suggests he wasn’t going to win even if he’d been able to carry on without the injury.

Fighting Eubank Jr would definitely be of interest to many fans I think. I know the latter is a bellend but I don’t think Saunders has covered himself in glory at times!
Agreed. For a jab and move fighter to nick rounds against Canelo in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo is a near impossible task. Interesting many on here had Saunders up or level.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:25 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Agreed. For a jab and move fighter to nick rounds against Canelo in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo is a near impossible task. Interesting many on here had Saunders up or level.
The fight wasn't in Mexico and it wasn't on Cinco De Mayo.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:19 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
Joshua v Fury set for Saudi Arabia this August?

I'm sad to hear they've taken the Saudi money rather than stage it in the UK or USA. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post

I'm sad to hear they've taken the Saudi money rather than stage it in the UK or USA. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me.
The Saudi's are being very clever. They know there won't be as big a need for oil in the future so they're are pouring a large percentage of their vast resources into sporting events.
The venue will be filled with ex-boxers making clowns of themselves and the very rich and famous. Poor old Bert, who works down the market and has boxing in his blood for generations won't get a look in.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:40 PM

jmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjmemour came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You can place a bet on Fury vs Joshua on Skybet, date of the fight says 7th August.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:45 PM

Location: Hiding behind Maidstoned who's hiding behind Biggus
garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:

Me too
Old 12-05-2021, 03:20 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I understand it. With the UK government not prepared to guarantee a full capacity crowd and the US being the wrong time for UK PPV as well as them being under at time limit due to mandatory commitments I'm not sure there was another alternative.
Old 12-05-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I understand it. With the UK government not prepared to guarantee a full capacity crowd and the US being the wrong time for UK PPV as well as them being under at time limit due to mandatory commitments I'm not sure there was another alternative.
Surely they could have found a way? They would get a pretty big crowd here in August, with the gradual easing of restrictions on crowds. I think they've just shown themselves up as people who put money above everything else. Not to mention that nice Saudi Arabian government. Doubtless, they will hype it up and make a fortune, and talk about how friendly and well organised the Saudis are.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:18 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Buatsi back this weekend, will be interesting to see how he looks with Hunter in his corner
Old 14-05-2021, 09:18 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
The fight wasn't in Mexico and it wasn't on Cinco De Mayo.
Are you being deliberately obtuse or just a pedant? It was in Texas so easy for his Mexican fans to attend which is why the crowd was so heavily Mexican. It was the weekend after cinco de mayo because nobody fights on a Wednesday. My point obviously still stands.
Old 14-05-2021, 06:19 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
August the 14th is gonna be some day,

Final day of the Olympics
First game of the season with crowds in
Fury v Joshua

Clinton Morrison
Old 15-05-2021, 09:53 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Joshua Buatsi ..... class.