Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-05-2020, 01:26 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah, and they don’t deteriorate, and as long as you have a different master for the CD and the mastering engineer knows what he or she is doing, it costs less to have a CD player and amp that sound amazing, than a turntable, stylus and same. Ace do all that, I always use their mastering facilities for our own records.
I love vinyl records, too, love the object and all - but I can get three times as many CDs as LPs. And I grew up on vinyl, obviously - it was cheaper for ages, too.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Didn’t know it either, great cover of a great song.
This thread could be epic - ever seen the docu about FAME studios?
I also remember a brilliant evening at Queen Elizabeth Hall in the 90s with Joe South, Dan Penn, Guy Clark, Vic Chesnutt and Allen Toussaint all playing.
Stop shoehorning Vic Chestnutt into everything.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:41 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Stop shoehorning Vic Chestnutt into everything.

I was there because Vic was there. He said Allen Toussaint was the most graceful man he ever met.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:53 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
On the Little Richard RIP thread there is a Guardian obit(thanks West Country Boy) this song is mentioned, definitely Southern Soul.

Old 10-05-2020, 06:03 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Mojo gave away a decent Southern Soul compilation 15 years ago: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Here’s a gem from that Ace box:
Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

William Bell makes his second appearance on this thread, already -
Old 10-05-2020, 09:15 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Ottis - Try a little tenderness.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember when this one hit.....people throwing some extravagent, hip swaying shapes on the dance floor

Old 11-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDon-Donovani came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
70's sure was a strong time for Southern soul

Sam Dees

Old 11-05-2020, 02:57 PM
Pass me the Vongole

His voice sends shivers...you can just hear his gospel upbringing. Left us way too soon, the big C got him before he was 60

Old 11-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Pass me the Vongole

And then there's Millie Jackson who breaks down with gusto the mechanics of being the 'other' woman on this excellent song

Old 11-05-2020, 03:19 PM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last edited by nibalama; 12-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:35 PM

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Last edited by nibalama; 12-05-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:02 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
William Bell makes his second appearance on this thread, already -
Confessional soul
Old 12-05-2020, 09:08 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Some funky New Orleans soul from one Mr Eddie Bo.

Fellers, you'd better check you aint got a hole in your bucket

Old 12-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Darker soul from N'Awlins

Old 12-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Deep Texan soul from the heart. Hugely talented feller

Old 12-05-2020, 09:25 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Sing it soul sister

Old 12-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Pass me the Vongole

I can smell the ham hocks, collard greens and peach cobbler...