Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

View Poll Results: How did you vote?
Conservative 0 0%
Labour 11 7.69%
Liberal Democrats 52 36.36%
Green 31 21.68%
SNP (or other regional remain party) 1 0.70%
DUP (or other regional leave Party) 0 0%
Brexit Party 26 18.18%
Change UK 15 10.49%
Other 7 4.90%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-05-2019, 09:18 AM
My source from Ocean Park

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Apologies, I thought you had something new. Not something Oettinger himself has admitted is false now we now the UK has the unilateral right to revoke A50.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Assumed you knew this because, tbf, it was well reported.
In any event we get there in the end. If we stay Boris will be right soon enough.

If you want to criticise the source its extracted from this.

Old 18-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
They are credible in that neither made up the story that they report.

Credible for you, perhaps. When I assess credibility, though, I set the bar a bit higher than 'today's truth'.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
Well reported? You have a higher opinion of Yahoo than I have. Your link is no more credible than this one

I wasn’t offering opinion. I was offering facts. You linking to excited Brexiter reporting from last October, before we knew for certain we had the legal right to unilaterally withdraw the A50 notification, doesnt change the fact that we now know we have that legal right.

If we stay (rather than rejoin) it will be through revoking A50. If we revoke A50 we keep all our existing benefits, including the rebate.

Incidentally, if yahoo upsets you so much here is the same story from the Express. The consequences of our having the legal right to revoke A50 was widely reported. It's amazing you and Skinty seem to have both missed it.

Old 18-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
In any event we get there in the end.
To you being definitely wrong? Yes, we got there. Though it's bizarre that even now you're desperately trying to spin it.

We don't lose the rebate if we stay. That's a fact. You were wrong. It's that simple.

Quote:
If you want to criticise the source its extracted from this.

I'm sure the source was fine in March 2018. Indeed I wouldn't have questioned it in October 2018 when your newspaper article was. Your problem was that after that we learned that we have the legal right to unilaterally revoke A50, and Oettinger himself had to admit the ramifications of this - that we get to keep the rebate.

Given how spectacularly you've ****ed this up, it does rather call into question any of your pronouncements on Brexit. You quite literally don't know what you're talking about.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
We would probably not be able to get the rebate if we leave and then reapply in a few years' time, though.
Old 18-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
We would probably not be able to get the rebate if we leave and then reapply in a few years' time, though.
No, I think it would be tough. The UK has negotiated so many favourable terms over the years that others (unsurprisingly) would not be keen to give again.

Brexiters want to throw this away because it will make them feel better. Just like sending the A50 notification made them feel better even though it completely ****ed our negotiation.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Credible for you, perhaps. When I assess credibility, though, I set the bar a bit higher than 'today's truth'.
This is just oompah nonsense.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 18-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
To you being definitely wrong? Yes, we got there. Though it's bizarre that even now you're desperately trying to spin it.

We don't lose the rebate if we stay. ...............
Anyway as i said, we get there in the end. It all changes in 2021 and the general discussion is that they do away with everyones rebates.
Old 18-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyway as i said, .............
Old 18-05-2019, 03:03 PM

weltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Chinny reckon.

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-05-2019, 03:05 PM

weltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Anyway as i said, we get there in the end. It all changes in 2021 and the general discussion is that they do away with everyones rebates.
Skinty caught chatting shit again.

SaulAlinsky
Old 18-05-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Good lord. Having embarrassed yourself once you're still at it. It's almost as if this was written for you

Does whichever nutjob Brexiter fantasy site you get this fearmongering off of ever mention the UK's veto?

Has it never occurred to you to check some of this drivel before you post, so you don't end up looking like a fool?
Old 19-05-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Good lord. Having embarrassed yourself once you're still at it. It's almost as if this was written for you

Does whichever nutjob Brexiter fantasy site you get this fearmongering off of ever mention the UK's veto?

Has it never occurred to you to check some of this drivel before you post, so you don't end up looking like a fool?

Thanks for posting the BBC link it demonstrates the accuracy of my post. I can't be bothered to read Polly Toynbee.

Last time, as part of the 2014-2020 budget negotiations, the UK rebate was preserved. It will remain in place in the current form until 2020.
When the EU starts to negotiate the next MFF, the rebate will certainly be on the table again. Many other EU countries would like to see it scrapped or reduced.

My comments on the amount we pay in are accurate as I've demonstrated. Boris will be right soon enough. My statement on the amount is correct.

As for embarrassing myself, well not as all. All you've done is outgoogled me on Oettingers comments.

When it comes to embarrassment you don't seem to be very self aware, reread some of the stuff you post in almost any thread. You seem oblivious of your own pomposity and arrogance.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Thanks for posting the BBC link it demonstrates the accuracy of my post.

Quote:
We pay 350mil next year if we stay in.

Next
Quote:
If we stay in we lose the rebate.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
All you're are doing is reinforcing my comments.
Old 19-05-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
All you're are doing is reinforcing my comments.
Old 19-05-2019, 08:29 AM

There you go again, arrogance and pomposity. It blinds you to your own position.

Lets have a look at your previous post although I've explained it before you wrote it.

Your BBC link says the method of calculating the contribution changes in 2021 and that the discussion is already about doing away with everyone's rebates not just ours. The idea of giving someone a tenner then they give you back 3 quid is a somewhat pointless exercise or is this case just say it but only actually give seven quid.

The £350mil, well the current forecast is £335mil the difference is trivial and I'm pretty sure previous forecasts have it higher. That's hardly embarrassing and certainly makes my point.
Old 19-05-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Lets have a look at your previous post although I've explained it before you wrote it.
Yes, let's

Quote:
the UK has a veto over the process that would scrap or reduce it.
Old 19-05-2019, 10:55 AM

the UK has a veto over the process that would scrap or reduce it.

Veto's are rarely used, the new format will have to be agreed by everyone and as I've said above the rebate would be irrelevant in a new format.

Try this again. Give someone a tenner then they give you back 3 quid is a somewhat pointless exercise or is this case just say it but only actually give seven quid. Why not just give them seven quid in the first place.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Veto's are rarely used
This will be why we lost the rebate the last time the budget was negotiated and others wanted to get rid of the rebate

Just nothing we could do to keep it. If only we'd had a veto