Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 16-05-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
My goodness you are ignorant
Hail the hedge fund managers and investment bankers! The saviours of the working classes.
Old 16-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Hail the hedge fund managers and investment bankers! The saviours of the working classes.
Half of all people have savings, they won't be happy if Corbyn nicks them for one of his crackpot schemes. Even if its only a few thousand for their next holiday or their next set of Pings they won't want to lose money on it.

Most people have some kind of pension savings, it will make all the difference when they retire they won't want it nicked by Corbyn with some nonsense story about the super rich, who'll disappear into the ether before they give up anything.
Old 16-05-2019, 06:58 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Half of all people have savings, they won't be happy if Corbyn nicks them for one of his crackpot schemes. Even if its only a few thousand for their next holiday or their next set of Pings they won't want to lose money on it.

Most people have some kind of pension savings, it will make all the difference when they retire they won't want it nicked by Corbyn with some nonsense story about the super rich, who'll disappear into the ether before they give up anything.
You are right. The elite will give up nothing and the system is designed for them to ever increase their share.
Old 19-05-2019, 09:57 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Who else just saw Corbyn on the Andrew Marr show?

If so can someone tell me what Labour's position on brexit actually is?.. many questions posed to him, and lots and lots of words used in the replies to them.
Old 19-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

If so can someone tell me what Labour's position on brexit actually is?.. many questions posed to him, and lots and lots of words used in the replies to them.
I watched about 30 seconds by mistake before switching off.

As a Labour voting Remainer I've gone from a real belief in him to despair at his obfuscation. There is no point in listening any longer. For a long time I could understand that it was best to stand back and watch the Tories have a civil war, but that stage passed ages ago. If you're a leader - then lead.

I suppose Marr gave him the easy ride that he normally gets.
Old 19-05-2019, 10:34 AM

mte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemte103 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought AM exposed the lack of clarity well enough, there's only so much to be gained for continuing on it. JC is no leader and is just devoid of humour. His interview style annoys me, it's basically passive aggressive. Contrast against Vince Cable and the difference is night and day.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I would like to see McDonnell replace him.
Old 19-05-2019, 11:32 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
I watched about 30 seconds by mistake before switching off.

As a Labour voting Remainer I've gone from a real belief in him to despair at his obfuscation. There is no point in listening any longer. For a long time I could understand that it was best to stand back and watch the Tories have a civil war, but that stage passed ages ago. If you're a leader - then lead.

I suppose Marr gave him the easy ride that he normally gets.
Fair post and I imagine echoes the thoughts of many labour voters. I would also add to it by saying put the country first.

If he believes in a negotiated Brexit then agree May's deal - she is willing to concede on worker's rights and environmental protections.

If you recognise that remain is clearly a far better option then ******* say so.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:22 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
There's something very wrong when a country's leader has to 'concede' on workers rights and the environment.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
There is something very wrong, in general.
Old 19-05-2019, 12:37 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The trouble is what he means by conceding on workers rights? If the two of them agree to stick with the current EU rules, which is what I think they mean, then that is nowhere near good enough. We should have policies with more protection than that, such as forbidding employers who recruit overseas workers from paying them less that the going British rate. That goes beyond the EU as well. The government is allowing the offshore wind industry and their supply ships to get away with underpaying workers.
Old 19-05-2019, 02:23 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
There is something very wrong, in general.
Well, yes. I assume you have a vote this time? What's your sense of the numbers voting in Spain, and where their votes are likely to go? EU residents votes have the potential to deliver quite an impact.
Old 19-05-2019, 03:08 PM
Middle class left.

I'll be voting for Spanish MEPs. I think most of us will.
Old 19-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post

The labour partys stance on Brexit has been a complete digs breakfast since their last conference. All options still open they decreed. Wow thats decisive and clear. What he and the party did was have a wait and see what is the best way to force a GE. Pathetic. At least we know where Liberals stand. As much as i think they destroyed themselves when clegg surrendered the partys integrity for a bit of power when reneging on Uni fees. They have become an irrelevance now and labour under Corbyn a shambles. The tories are destroying themselves and the breakaway parties are the hypocrites extraordinaire calling for a new peoples vote but unwilling to have a byelection to ratify their position in their constituenies who may not want non tory or non labour MPs. British politics is now more of a mess than italys. We have dithering corbyn and robotic may as leaders of war torn parties. Its hilairious.
Old 19-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
The labour partys stance on Brexit has been a complete digs breakfast since their last conference. All options still open they decreed. Wow thats decisive and clear. What he and the party did was have a wait and see what is the best way to force a GE. Pathetic. At least we know where Liberals stand. As much as i think they destroyed themselves when clegg surrendered the partys integrity for a bit of power when reneging on Uni fees. They have become an irrelevance now and labour under Corbyn a shambles. The tories are destroying themselves and the breakaway parties are the hypocrites extraordinaire calling for a new peoples vote but unwilling to have a byelection to ratify their position in their constituenies who may not want non tory or non labour MPs. British politics is now more of a mess than italys. We have dithering corbyn and robotic may as leaders of war torn parties. Its hilairious.
decent analysis until your final conclusion
Old 20-05-2019, 09:28 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I most certainly would not. The prospect of having him as PM is about as appealing as Boris Johnson being in charge.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Middle class left.

That makes it even more appealing.
Old 20-05-2019, 10:56 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
That makes it even more appealing.
McDonnell would wipe the floor with Johnson. More appealing public persona than Corbyn, interviews well. However, the skeletons in his closet are probably more numerous than Jezza's. Met him a few times. Personable guy.
Old 20-05-2019, 11:00 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
A bit worrying that McDonnell v Johnson is only a slight improvement on Corbyn v May, though I could actually hold an argument with myself over whether it is an improvement at all.
Old 20-05-2019, 11:11 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Me too
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni