Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2021, 08:14 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Just received a letter for my 94 year old mother-in-law who passed away at the start of the year. Informs her that she can book a test online or phone 119. Given she was housebound it basically says if you are unable to travel your local NHS services will be in contact with you.

Meanwhile my local surgery rang someone I know in cohort 4 for a vaccination tomorrow just up the road.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 13-01-2021, 08:17 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Just received a letter for my 94 year old mother-in-law who passed away at the start of the year. Informs her that she can book a test online or phone 119. Given she was housebound it basically says if you are unable to travel your local NHS services will be in contact with you.

Meanwhile my local surgery rang someone I know in cohort 4 for a vaccination tomorrow just up the road.
Fvck sake that really is basic stuff. Not good
Old 13-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The UK is "taking steps" to keep out cases of a coronavirus variant discovered in Brazil, the prime minister has said.
As of when I left work at about 3.00pm no we weren't. Same as we're not keeping out the South African variant.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:48 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
All very sad obviously.

All hospitals are not full. People are not just randomly and regularly being Ďsent home to dieí.

The reason I quoted the Guardianís sensationalist headlines every year about the NHS was because there was a fair amount of sensationalism in your post and it felt rather similar
Hospitals are on their knees.

Last lockdown hospitals were under pressure this time it is MUCH worse.
Last time the care homes and community/home care were ok. This time it has now hit the community services. Care home staffing is critical and if the care homes collapse and there are not hospital beds as a fall back (which there arenít) what do we do to keep people safe.

We are bracing ourselves in case home care services become critical, providers are under pressure and we would have to consider : can we get families to take over care, do people need to be washed everyday or could that be reduced to alternate days, is the visit essential or could it be stopped, can we do 2 instead of 3 calls per day. If home care providers canít deliver the care, usually people would revert to care homes as a safety net, that is not possible this time in the same way that going from care home to hospital is off the table.

I canít even begin to tell you how upset I get when I see people report that hospital areas are quiet, of course some areas are quiet, elective services and non critical services are not currently in operation so there are going to be some areas that are closed because the focus is on critical care.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:51 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazbaz View Post

Last time the care homes and community/home care were ok. This time it has now hit the community services. Care home staffing is critical and if the care homes collapse and there are not hospital beds as a fall back (which there aren’t) what do we do to keep people safe.

We are bracing ourselves in case home care services become critical, providers are under pressure and we would have to consider : can we get families to take over care, do people need to be washed everyday or could that be reduced to alternate days, is the visit essential or could it be stopped, can we do 2 instead of 3 calls per day. If home care providers can’t deliver the care, usually people would revert to care homes as a safety net, that is not possible this time in the same way that going from care home to hospital is off the table.

I can’t even begin to tell you how upset I get when I see people report that hospital areas are quiet, of course some areas are quiet, elective services and non critical services are not currently in operation so there are going to be some areas that are closed because the focus is on critical care.
I haven’t for one minute suggested the vast majority of hospitals are quiet. I was just contending that all hospitals are full. They’re not.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Via a medium in your poor mother in lawís case?
Old 13-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is hereVendy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
We haven't been able to get any slots at all, despite my extremely clinically vulnerable letter.
Most of them release slots just after midnight
Old 13-01-2021, 09:14 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím sure youíre not doing it intentionally.
To back Hpalace up a little bit pru is heaving and as of yesterday every ward has covid on it. Source is someone whoís 100% ITK .
Old 13-01-2021, 09:16 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Obviously only talking about the Pru not all hospitals.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:17 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Last time the care homes and community/home care were ok. This time it has now hit the community services. Care home staffing is critical and if the care homes collapse and there are not hospital beds as a fall back (which there arenít) what do we do to keep people safe.

We are bracing ourselves in case home care services become critical, providers are under pressure and we would have to consider : can we get families to take over care, do people need to be washed everyday or could that be reduced to alternate days, is the visit essential or could it be stopped, can we do 2 instead of 3 calls per day. If home care providers canít deliver the care, usually people would revert to care homes as a safety net, that is not possible this time in the same way that going from care home to hospital is off the table.

I canít even begin to tell you how upset I get when I see people report that hospital areas are quiet, of course some areas are quiet, elective services and non critical services are not currently in operation so there are going to be some areas that are closed because the focus is on critical care.
Christ mate. Reading this really brings it home. Thanks so much for taking the time to post. We are genuinely grateful for the work you and your colleagues are doing.

Wish I could write something a bit reassuring. But I've got nothing.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:17 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I havenít for one minute suggested the vast majority of hospitals are quiet. I was just contending that all hospitals are full. Theyíre not.
No Iím sorry I realise thatís not what you said, itís just that not being full doesnít mean that they arenít the edge. Normally in ITU the ratio of patients to nurse is 1:1 now I know of multiple hospitals where that is 4:1. Just because you have space doesnít mean you have capacity
Old 13-01-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
No Iím sorry I realise thatís not what you said, itís just that not being full doesnít mean that they arenít the edge. Normally in ITU the ratio of patients to nurse is 1:1 now I know of multiple hospitals where that is 4:1. Just because you have space doesnít mean you have capacity
I get that, Iím not disagreeing with you mate
Old 13-01-2021, 09:23 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Via a medium in your poor mother in law’s case?
Yep

Re-reading the letter I'm surprised that it doesn't ask the recipient to ring a number if they are housebound and unable to travel any distance.

Just wondering how long it will take for the local NHS services to follow this up although as I registered with the 'Tell Us Once' service today maybe I will never find out.

Also very annoyed that her doctor's surgery has never been in touch with her since the initial lockdown just to check how she is coping.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 13-01-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
To back Hpalace up a little bit pru is heaving and as of yesterday every ward has covid on it. Source is someone whoís 100% ITK .
Absolutely

I know a large hospital 10 miles or so from us is full to capacity and more. Our local hospital, which is still a fair size, is fairly quiet for this time of year by all accounts.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Most of them release slots just after midnight
Didn't know that. Will try tonight. Thank you.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:37 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
No they were not forced home but let’s say the same hospital were economical with the truth and the family were horrified at the condition of their parent they were delivered and expected to look after.

The same hospital did the same to a care home for someone close to me a few years ago (before covid). The care home were like wtf?
Sadly they aren't the first and won't be the last. Everyone has a different experience of NHS and I wouldn't want to criticise anything being done at present. Nonetheless, my experience was not during a pandemic and was in late spring, hardly a time of year when they are flat out. I wasn't impressed and we'll leave it there.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:41 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Why do you think that? They've attempted to send my mother-in-law home twice after testing positive.
After ten days. No matter your state you are no longer shedding virus in any reasonable load. The virus is done and you are left with the mess it's left behind. The positive cases are shedding most virus just before and after symptoms develop.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:58 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's serious .clearly not enough trained staff
Old 13-01-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Absolutely

I know a large hospital 10 miles or so from us is full to capacity and more. Our local hospital, which is still a fair size, is fairly quiet for this time of year by all accounts.
Strange isnít it , probably a postcode thing .
Ain't gonna lie the way the pru treated my late dad twice! I detest that place .
Old 13-01-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
That's serious .clearly not enough trained staff
Well there is but theyíre back in Europe now