Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 14-05-2019, 01:41 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Puncheon, Speroni, Souare, Ayew and Sako all leaving frees up a chunk. Sell Riedewald, Sorloth, Sakho, possibly Hennessey

Guaita, Hennessey?, Perri

Ward, Wan-Bissaka, Tomkins, Kelly, Dann, Van Aanholt

Milivojevic, Meyer, Schlupp, McArthur, Kouyate, Dreher?, Townsend, Zaha

Benteke, Wickham

19 players there. A younger centre back needed (Konsa), another left back needed for when Van Aanholt hits shocking form. An attacking midfielder and a winger. Finally the goalscoring striker. Use the 2 loan spots and it gives us a 24 man squad
Why are so many people keen to sell Sakho? Fantastic player. I understand his wages are high. But they are high for a reason.
Old 14-05-2019, 01:44 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Id sell CB (he is shot), JR, Sakho, WH, and PVA, Go balls out for a decent striker.. keep CW as back up striker (hopefully hell have a decent pre-season) Sorloth as 3rd choice... used for early rounds of the cup. Derby have decent young Right Back called Bogle... Id go for him... Id also ask Chelsea about Mount on loan.
Villa have a decent winger... the lad that Bamford got sent off... forgot his name. Id also play Zaha up top.... off a main striker... I know a lot prefer him wide, but he got 10 goals this season playing all over the shop... I reckon you could get 15+ if he played whole season off a main striker.
CB can and surely will walk away on a free at the end on next season. Question is who is going to buy him now and match his current wages? It'll be a short queue.
Old 14-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Hope schlupp goes back to being a useful bit part reserve rather than starter. We played a lot better since he got injured.
I'm not sure it's fair to say we played better since he got injured. Yes, we played well at Cardiff, but no better than a lot of away performances with Schlupp. And we were as dire as ever at home against Everton. So it feels you are really basing that on the last game of the season.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-05-2019, 01:55 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
CB can and surely will walk away on a free at the end on next season. Question is who is going to buy him now and match his current wages? It'll be a short queue.
A newly promoted side drunk on Prem
Old 14-05-2019, 01:59 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to say we played better since he got injured. Yes, we played well at Cardiff, but no better than a lot of away performances with Schlupp. And we were as dire as ever at home against Everton. So it feels you are really basing that on the last game of the season.
Sclupps starts are interesting. Since 22nd second of December with the exception of West Ham which we drew instead of losing, we have won one, lost the next, won, lost, won, lost etc.

He is a good squad player but IMO should not be starting for us, especially in CM. Our results are not any better when he is starting compared to when he is not.
Old 14-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Sclupps starts are interesting. Since 22nd second of December with the exception of West Ham which we drew instead of losing, we have won one, lost the next, won, lost, won, lost etc.

He is a good squad player but IMO should not be starting for us, especially in CM. Our results are not any better when he is starting compared to when he is not.
The way you have phrased your final sentence implies the inverse is true too - which supports my post. But I agree with you both that we ought to be in a position where he is a squad player not an automatic starter.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 14-05-2019, 02:11 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaidenCPFC View Post
I don't think you understand how little money you get from the FA Cup

losing the semi we got Prize fund per club
Semi-final losers 2 450,000

so most likely just under or over a mill for being in the competition
I do understand but thanks for your input. The 1.5 million is an estimate based on prize money of 675k, TV rights (three live matches at 125 k each) +additional money from highlights and some money from gate receipts. 70,000 fans paying circa 20 a head is 1.4 million say 1 million split between teams so 500 k approx which makes the whole package in the region of 1.5 million
Old 14-05-2019, 02:16 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
The way you have phrased your final sentence implies the inverse is true too - which supports my post. But I agree with you both that we ought to be in a position where he is a squad player not an automatic starter.
Absolutely.

He doesn't improve us and doesn't weaken us much when he plays. Great for a bench/squad player.

The noticeable differences i am aware of are when Meyer does and doesn't start, which i think is because he helps us get forward and attack better, and when Guaita starts we have a much better record as he is overall a better keeper, and the biggest one when Batshuayi starts as he is a genuine threat up front (although he played proportionally less against the top teams).

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 14-05-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I thought he was out injured longer than he actually was. Last played against Man City.

It was a bit of a throwaway comment based on a feeling rather than empirical evidence. Versatile, pacy and has an eye for goal but I don't feel he is enough of a 'footballer' to warrant regular first team starts. He's a bit clumsy, suffers from lapses in concentration in defence, lacks the ability to pick a pass and at his worst regularly fires crosses into the crowd. A player without a position.

A quick look at our results without him in the run in show that we won 3 and drew 1. Scoring 11 and conceding 7. I can live with that!
Old 14-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
I do understand but thanks for your input. The 1.5 million is an estimate based on prize money of 675k, TV rights (three live matches at 125 k each) +additional money from highlights and some money from gate receipts. 70,000 fans paying circa 20 a head is 1.4 million say 1 million split between teams so 500 k approx which makes the whole package in the region of 1.5 million
It may be the case that we made more money from TV than prize money and tickets. We may have made as much as 639k from the 3 live games. So 1.3-1.5m is probably fair. Still less than finishing 1 place higher in the PL though.

Your gate receipts are way too high though. Spurs was 25 adults but less for concessions, Doncaster was 10 and lower, Grimsby was 15 and lower, and Watford was 18 and lower. Average was probably below 15 so takes 1-200k off our share at 45%, Maybe 350-400k.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 14-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 14-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Doesn't mean he wants, needs or gets his current wage. 5 or 6 seasons on 5m a year has surely set him up for life.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:07 PM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
It may be the case that we made more money from TV than prize money and tickets. We may have made as much as 639k from the 3 live games. So 1.3-1.5m is probably fair. Still less than finishing 1 place higher in the PL though.

Your gate receipts are way too high though. Spurs was 25 adults but less for concessions, Doncaster was 10 and lower, Grimsby was 15 and lower, and Watford was 18 and lower. Average was probably below 15 so takes 1-200k off our share at 45%, Maybe 350-400k.
And your figures dont account for programme sales, corporate hospitality, sponsorship so for the two home games so I think we agree at about 1.5 million.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Doesn't mean he wants, needs or gets his current wage. 5 or 6 seasons on 5m a year has surely set him up for life.
True, but there are many examples of footballers following the money. Fewer cases of players taking pay cuts. Look at cabaye. Went to play joke football on a higher wage. Could have stayed with us and started every game when fit, and strengthens our tram/squad immeasurably. Could have taught Mayer a lot too.
Old 14-05-2019, 03:16 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why are so many people keen to sell Sakho? Fantastic player. I understand his wages are high. But they are high for a reason.
Hes a very good player yes but hes 29, high wages, could still get a good fee for him and he always picks up lengthy injuries. Ever since we got promoted we havent made enough of the re sale value everyone always bangs on about when we sign someone. Tomkins, Kelly & Dann have shown since he got injured that we are capable without him let alone signing someone younger in that position.

Time to cash in
Old 14-05-2019, 03:28 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
I put in a lost post from yesterday that I could see us losing Luka, Sakho, Zaha and AWB this summer, and selling one or two doesn't necessarily mean we can keep the others.

Luka is 28, and has one year left. He could easily decide to see out his contract and leave for free, and if that is the case the club could be open to offers this summer.
Sakho has stated he would like to play Champions League football, so if we were to get an offer on him from a suitable club, he may want to move on.
Someone may make a stupid offer for AWB, and at some point money will talk. If it's Man Utd, they could also add a sweetener to write off the Zaha sell on clause?
Zaha will always have interest, and it depends if someone is willing to pay what we want.

All in all, we don't have to sell anyone, but you could argue a strong case that those four may move on, and one of them doing so doesn't necessarily mean any of the others are likely to stay.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:06 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Transfer decisions on contracted players lie with the club not the players or their agents as without specific permission they cannot even talk to other clubs and then there is the little matter of that club making an offer that is deemed acceptable to the selling club.

Players are not free agents unless they are out of contract.

COYP
Old 15-05-2019, 05:57 AM

TC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Slowed down considerably second part of the season .
I think that was down to his confidence being shattered from getting beat week in week out
Old 15-05-2019, 06:15 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Villa is our one big hope hes worshipped there.
Such a shame it wont work out for him here though.