Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-04-2002, 10:22 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Who will play on the left?

Our midfield trio of Beckham, Scholes and Gerrard is fairly rigid- great players, but players who tend to stay in their positions and without the ability to take people on. We haven't got a left footer to do on the left what Beckham does on the right, so I suggest that we play a dribbler in that position, a McManaman or a Joe Cole. If our free spirit decides to roam, then we have Ashley Cole who can push up from left back to balance the side. I feel that Ashley will be included for his attacking flair rather than his defensive qualities.

The cenral defence will undoubtedly consist of Campbell and Ferdinand, a fairly reliable partnership which most fans will be happy with. The right back slot could be filled by either Gazza Neville (used to playing behind Beckham), Wes Brown (Tall, strong and versatile a-la-Thuram), Danny Mills (dirty bugger) or even someone like Kieron Dyer (very, very dark horse).

Up front, I feel Svennis go 'horses for courses', with one of Heskey, Fowler and Vassell partnering Owen at different times.

David Spunk will play in goal.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jules, number 1
Old 06-04-2002, 03:10 AM
Web Junkee

John.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bag
I wouldn't put my money on Campbell playing at the back i think Southgate has got a better look in as he has more experience stability etc to hold the defence together! As Sven has hinted!

As for left mid-field he could play Ashley Cole or Wayne Bridge and stick the other in left back because both have attacking talents and are not scared to run at players. Bridge proved in friendlys he could do that and we all know Cole could so I think both of them may occupy the left side of the field!
Old 06-04-2002, 03:23 AM
Anonymous Coward

Re: Who will play on the left?

Quote:
Originally posted by zonin2000
Our midfield trio of Beckham, Scholes and Gerrard is fairly rigid- great players, but players who tend to stay in their positions and without the ability to take people on. We haven't got a left footer to do on the left what Beckham does on the right, so I suggest that we play a dribbler in that position, a McManaman or a Joe Cole. If our free spirit decides to roam, then we have Ashley Cole who can push up from left back to balance the side. I feel that Ashley will be included for his attacking flair rather than his defensive qualities.

The cenral defence will undoubtedly consist of Campbell and Ferdinand, a fairly reliable partnership which most fans will be happy with. The right back slot could be filled by either Gazza Neville (used to playing behind Beckham), Wes Brown (Tall, strong and versatile a-la-Thuram), Danny Mills (dirty bugger) or even someone like Kieron Dyer (very, very dark horse).

I think we need an out and out left winger to balance the team. I think Sven wants Dyer on the left, not the same think but who am I to argue.

Whenether I see Wes Brown he fails to impress me, i dont think hes england quality.

For me the Central defensive partnership has got to be Ugo e-go-go and Gareth Southgate. In my opinion the best partnership in the league and both english. The partnership at the back is crucical and these two know each other inside out.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:26 AM
Thinking...

Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa Jaffa
For me England should be...

James (sacrilige I know, but Martyn is looking rustier these days)
G. Neville
Ferdinand
Southgate
Bridge
Beckham
Cole
Gerrard
As. Cole
Owen
Scholes
Old 06-04-2002, 04:43 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
i think Dyer will get the nod on the left if fit. He can run at players all day long.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:00 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
but Dyer is right footed

still he will run at players.

I'd rather have Steve 'I'm sh!te for England, but I'll come good this summer' McManaman or little Joey.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 06-04-2002, 06:16 AM
Till Lindeman

Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
Julian Gray!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:16 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally posted by zonin2000
but Dyer is right footed
I'm not sure it really matters if you have a right footed or left footed player on the left side. It depends how you play them.

Say if you have, Beckham, Gerrard and Dyer in midfield, with Scholes slightly ahead.. then the player on the left, be it Beckham or Dyer (probs Dyer) is more of a central figure allowing the left back to bomb forward, and Gerrard to drop in.

Obviously if you do have a natural left winger, a bit like Laurent Robert is, then he can beat players on the outside and cross.. and that has advantages too, but turning inside a right back - onto HIS left side - also has advantages too. You can basically take him out of the game and then be straight onto a centre back.

If England do go for a normal 4-4-2, i'd like to see either Joe Cole or Dyer play on the left side. Seem to be competant on both sides and can beat players all day, inside or out. Both players are a bit tricky too and it is likely that the players they face may be forced into a challenge... and probably a booking, which makes them a little wary of diving in again. To the advantage of England.

Not sure if Phil Neville should be in the squad, Wayne Bridge and Ashley Cole seem very decent left backs.. my wingers/full backs would be: Bridge, Ashley Cole, Gary Neville, Wes Brown (is he a right back? sure he has played there), Dyer, Joe Cole, Beckham, Anderton (maybe) or McManaman.
Old 07-04-2002, 06:48 PM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dyer does run at people and i would try and get in the team somewhere 352 Martyn - campbell ferdinand Southgate - Beckham Scholes Gerard Dyer McMannanman - Owen heskey
Old 08-04-2002, 02:36 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
David Dunn is another option we could use on the left.

The bad thing is, and always has been with England, is that we always play a player on the left that doesn't normally play there for his club. I would rather have an average left winger than a quality player playing out of position.