Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 27-03-2006, 10:29 PM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Campaign for the Return of Nets with Character

Do you remember the old days? I'm talking pre Euro 96 when goal nets were goal nets? When you could identify a ground purely from looking at the goalposts? We had our standard triangular style with small holed orange nets (my all time favs, remind me of the 3-0 Blackburn playoff final) Arsenal were similar only white. Spurs had black small holes, as did Everton. West Ham were white small holed with a squarer frame section. There were the orange large holes of Liverpool. Luton and QPR with their very shallow nets, square in shape with the nets (small white hole) tensioned tightly so the ball sprung out as quickly as it went in. Then there were those with deeper nets and loosely hung where the ball would get lost in it. Newcastle had these with small holes and a black and white striped colour. Think of our 76 team's visit to Stamford Bridge for the 3-2 win and their trademark goals. Large white holed nets but a completely unique syle of goalpost. Man Utd standardish post with small white holed net, medium tension but a twist! the back did not go right over the back, more just sort of hung there. We all know Villa from the 90 semi, large white hole over a pretty standard frame but you just knew it was Villa park and Wembley well!!! No mistaking, and don't get me started on those deep deep Mexico 86 numbers. You get the drift, anyone else as sad as me remember any favourites they want to share? Join my campaign to rid us of what has become the trademark post Euro 96 indentikit goal and net that you see at just about every Prem and Football League ground these days. White large hole pulled back into a square shape. BRING BACK NETS WITH CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.
Old 27-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Prefer the ones we have now....the other ones were to small, and the ball always rebounded off the stantion so you were unsure if it had gone in.
Old 27-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't we get red and blue nets?

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 27-03-2006, 10:35 PM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Prefer the ones we have now....the other ones were to small, and the ball always rebounded off the stantion so you were unsure if it had gone in.
At least last year we attempted to get away from the norm in moving to a diamond shaped hole (ala Turin in Italia 90)rather than square, annoyingly this year had seen us go back to the run of the mill. I think the reason you use is poor, only the Clive Allen goal comes to mind and frankly that was more down to poor officiating than the posts. Everyone else in the ground knew it was in!
What a great signing for Palace, one of their best ever (if not the best). World-class player. Just shows once again how timing is everything and how financial fate can hinge on a key moment or two...one shit home play-off performance, Zaha wakes up after five months sleep-walking, Speroni finger-tip save onto the bar. That night changed the respective fortunes of the two clubs for a good few years, but we all suspected that even at the time.
Old 27-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Super Duper Senior Member

stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d stevey_d
Leeds still have these nets dont they?
Old 27-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

Reginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's head
Maybe I have a life but nets really do not figure highly in my day to day thoughts.
Old 27-03-2006, 11:08 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
I like the idea of really deep nets which the ball gets lost in!
Old 27-03-2006, 11:09 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally i say get a life dude!!!

No offence n all

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 27-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by spunky
Personally i say get a life dude!!!

No offence n all
Yet you're on the Palace BBS at 12.09am?
Old 28-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Am I the only one then that would like to see the return of individulistic goalposts around the grounds? Would you honestly not like to see the return of our orange small holed blackburn playoff off winning net, that to me epitimised Selhurst Park!
Old 28-03-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by stevey_d
Leeds still have these nets dont they?
Indeed they do stevey_d well spotted
Old 28-03-2006, 09:55 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
I like the idea of really deep nets which the ball gets lost in!
I agree Mark
"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 28-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Re: Campaign for the Return of Nets with Character

I with Young Trolley on this.
All grounds are starting to look the same.
Characterless, soulless, industrial units.

When I was a kid I could recognise nearly every ground by the nets and the stantions.
They will need to be fixed so their arent errors about whether the ball went in or not, but that should be easy enough.

Quote:
Originally posted by Young Trolley
BRING BACK NETS WITH CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK GROUNDS WITH CHARACTER!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:12 AM

Casablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCasablancas was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Didn't Norwich used to have yellow nets as well?

Anything that puts a bit of soul back into football is fine by me.