Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:45 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wayne Rooney vs Arsenal

He was absolutely magnificent today. Every time I watch him play, he manages to surprise me with his strength, awareness and sheer natural ability.

I would put him on a par with Ronaldinho now. The only criticism you could throw his way is slight inconsistency, but then again Ronaldinho can be subdued in the occasional league game. The bigger the game, the better the performance from both of them.

I can't wait for the World Cup, fingers crossed Wayne is fit.

Oh, and the Toure 'save' was hilarious.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:56 PM

thewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethewill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i agree he is amazing but ronaldinho is in a league of his own
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM

pmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyespmdavis is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
Re: Wayne Rooney vs Arsenal

Quote:
Originally posted by zonin2000

I can't wait for the World Cup, fingers crossed Wayne is fit.

[/B]
I sent my bro pretty much the same text during the match.

We are screwed without him

He is an absolute pleasure to watch and he has done well to control his temper recently.
"Steve Coppell delayed the inevitable substitution until 20 minutes from the end, but when Ian Wright eventually came on, the effect was devastating. With his very first touch of the game he got away from Phelan's lunge, left Pallister on his backside in the box, and stroked the ball past Leighton for one of the most perfect goals he will ever score."
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
He was magnificent today and he'll be a big player for England in the Summer, sadly there won't be another striker worthy of the name for him to play with.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceSi
He was magnificent today and he'll be a big player for England in the Summer, sadly there won't be another striker worthy of the name for him to play with.
You don't think AJ will be going to Germany then.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if he is going to bet on himself for top scorer in the World Cup
Old 09-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaserob
I wonder if he is going to bet on himself for top scorer in the World Cup
I can't see him being top scorer but I can see him getting England into the last four (assuming Owen is fit)
Old 09-04-2006, 11:58 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Owen's surely desperately out of practise and AJ's got his work cut out to make the Palace side for the playoff's let alone England. We might have to pin our World cup hopes on "dare i say it" Crouch. Ouch
Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Owen's surely desperately out of practise and AJ's got his work cut out to make the Palace side for the playoff's let alone England. We might have to pin our World cup hopes on "dare i say it" Crouch. Ouch
I think you are right
Old 10-04-2006, 11:25 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Darren Bent? May come home a World Cup hero... stranger things have happened.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Crouch won't start if Owen doesn't make it. It will be Defoe or Bent, with Crouch coming off the bench (as he would do if Owen were fit).

I still see Owen's injury as good news. He'll be fresh coming into the tournament. If he needs a few games to get fit, well then he's got two friendlies, possibly a 'B' international and then three group games, before the really serious stuff (hopefully!) starts.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
Darren Bent? May come home a World Cup hero... stranger things have happened.
Andrew Cole: The Next Generation

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Middle-aged member

Civic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCivic : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If England win the World Cup, Wayne Rooney will be the reason.

Quite a big if tho...
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
Andrew Cole: The Next Generation
A very underated player in my opinion. Don't think Bent will mind if he has the career Andy Cole has had...
Old 10-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
A very underated player in my opinion. Don't think Bent will mind if he has the career Andy Cole has had...
1 goal in about 50 caps...and that was against albania. Don't forget you could have put a scarecrow on wheels and it would have had the same scoring record playing in that Man Utd side.

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 10-04-2006, 02:41 PM
'or 0=0'

Quote:
Originally posted by Diggers digs in?
1 goal in about 50 caps...and that was against albania. Don't forget you could have put a scarecrow on wheels and it would have had the same scoring record playing in that Man Utd side.
1 goal in 15 caps I think you will find. The way is was treated by the English fans was worse than Akinbiyi was treated by Palace - and I should know I was watching when he had most of his caps I think. Cole was never given a fair chance for England

You say anyone could have done what he has done?

He's second in the all time Premiership goalscorers.

Has the distinction of being one of the only players in England to have swept all possible honours in the English game, including the PFA Young Player of the Year award, as well as the coveted UEFA Champions League title.

Wish I was just that 'anyone'.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned by Moderators

Reginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's headReginald has come to the conclusion that 'but' is the way of asking for permission to lay something heavy on one's head
I think the reason we will fail will because Lampard and Gerrard will be "played out" despite what they say.Yes they will raise their game but will they only raise it to what they were 4 months ago or will they manage to surpass that and be the world class players they need to be?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:51 PM
'or 0=0'

I honestly believe we have a good a chance as anyone of lifting the World Cup. Just depends if we get that little bit of luck we need on the night.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:02 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is great but commentary goes too far with him. He'll do a bad shot and they will be like "ambitious great attempt that just didn't come off" whereas they would slate someone else for such an attempt. He may be great but he can still play bad too.
Old 16-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Illusions, Michael.

Quote:
1 goal in 15 caps I think you will find. The way is was treated by the English fans was worse than Akinbiyi was treated by Palace - and I should know I was watching when he had most of his caps I think. Cole was never given a fair chance for England

You say anyone could have done what he has done?

He's second in the all time Premiership goalscorers.

Has the distinction of being one of the only players in England to have swept all possible honours in the English game, including the PFA Young Player of the Year award, as well as the coveted UEFA Champions League title.

Wish I was just that 'anyone'.
Actually, read again what I said:

Quote:
you could have put a scarecrow on wheels and it would have had the same scoring record playing in that Man Utd side.
When he was there, getting about 10+ clear cut chances every game, and maybe scoring one or two. Imagine how many goals a truly clinical finisher would have got! And he had a bloody fair go at the England scene. But time and again he proved he couldn't do it on the grand scale, and that one goal against Albania is probably a due reflection of his actual class.

Oh, and Nicky Butt and David May also collected champions league winners medals. But neither of them will make many peoples all time Premiership XI either.