Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Martinsleftpeg
All good points except your version of the wba fans - I have been to new Wembley on about 7 occasions now and it does seem on each match that the fans at the other end are not there, but as I was at the wba end I can assure you they were not vv poor at all but sounded louder than the other lot and really manic in the last 5mins or so which is consistent with previous experience. It was a match where silky skill and nice passing ( wba first half) were basically outdone by sheer physical presence (pompey second half) which was strange given the normal skill disparity between prem and championship.
I can accept that its difficult when in the other end of the ground, but in the last 20 minutes or so I was paying particular attention to the WBA fans and it seemed most couldnt even raise themselves from their seats, and they were far from animated and at their quitest of the whole game, at least from where I was sitting.

Agree about the game itself though, it was crying out for a decent striker on either side
Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
they were not in the CP play off noise league at wembley v the Blades ten years ago that is for sure!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM

Palaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by 917L
I can accept that its difficult when in the other end of the ground, but in the last 20 minutes or so I was paying particular attention to the WBA fans and it seemed most couldnt even raise themselves from their seats, and they were far from animated and at their quitest of the whole game, at least from where I was sitting.

Agree about the game itself though, it was crying out for a decent striker on either side
yea it was a shame for Portsmouth that Jermaine Defoe is cup tied, he could have made a real difference to them im sure, but they are still in the final, problem is they are missing him for the final!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Martinsleftpeg
they were not in the CP play off noise league at wembley v the Blades ten years ago that is for sure!
I was discussing that day with the people I was with today

Seriously one of my proudest moments as a Palace fan, a day we truly did make a difference
Old 05-04-2008, 09:52 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've rediscovered my hatred for Milan Baros today. Overrated, cheating little rat, not to mention the fact he's absolute crap.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I dislike Baros too - he really is incredibly over-rated.

West Brom, judging by the first 50 minutes or so (what I've seen of the match so far) deserved to win on the balance of play.

Shame that neither side had a goalscorer (as has been mentioned already in this thread).
Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Crystal Parish FC

jamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How obvious was that handball by that cheat Baros FGS
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
I dislike Baros too - he really is incredibly over-rated.

West Brom, judging by the first 50 minutes or so (what I've seen of the match so far) deserved to win on the balance of play.

Shame that neither side had a goalscorer (as has been mentioned already in this thread).
Baros was awful as was Nugent when he replaced him

WBA didnt deserve to win though, they never created a decent chance in the whole 90 minutes despite some decent football.

Portsmouth however created 4 or 5 chances they should have scored from after taking the lead
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only watched the highlights on MOTD and so glad I made the decision not to bother with the game live. No intention of watching this afternoons game either as can't think of anything worse. I am sure both games would have been/be better if they were the final but in the semis it is a case of not losing before anything else.