Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:34 AM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
he is a . if he hadnt have said that he was a fan of the club and whatever things would have been a lot different in terms of fan reaction i feel.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
I hope he does well, too. As much as we were robbed by the transfer fee (not JB's fault) and as much as we think he was badly advised and left us before he should have, he will always be "the kid who started his football career at Palace".

The purile hate on this thread (and on other threads) is a really disappointing indictment of the mentality of some Palace fans.
exactly, to the extent of wanting his career over rather than Palace getting extra money from the deal.

Short-sighted, immature and plain stupid.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:08 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
he will always be "the kid who started his football career at Palace".
Nonsense. No-one will think that, except for all the cocky spurs fans we'll have to listen to who will say "the kid who started his football career at Palace before we mugged them off by getting him for next to nothing."

I'm not in the wishing physical pain camp, but anyone who thinks he didn't owe us his first contract is deluded.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle
I believe he was just nursing the engine carefully
Ah, the old 'stuck in first gear' in the King's Cross area, hey?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
They let flares off in the stand, awesome

Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM

UEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As an England fan, I hope John does well. I think it's a certainty that he will be a very, very good, possibly world class player, and that can only benefit our chances of winning a major international tournament. Regardless of the way he left the club, there will be an element of pride when we see him play for our country.

Like it or not, footballers move all of the time, often at younger ages than John. As football fans it can be difficult to look at things from a detached perspective, but as much as it may be galling to say it, Spurs are a big club who play nice football. I certainly don't wish John any ill or injury.

Of course I wish he would have stayed for a couple of seasons like Victor, Lee and Sean, and whilst finance obviously played a large part, who's to say there wasn't a footballing aspect to his decision to leave - he'd hardly thrive with the agricultural football we've been playing thus far this season.

I personally feel John would have been better served staying with us for a couple of years, but everyone views football differently. Besides, after a promising debut last night, John could well play a number of times this season against top class English and European opposition.

I don't get the anger towards John - surely any anger should be directed at his advisers, particularly his father? The interview in SE25 magazine was a particularly badly judged piece; if John had left without previously having made such a big deal out of how big a Palace fan he was there wouldn't have been half as much fuss about his transfer.

The low fee has also understandably upset people. Whatever we end up receiving, it will be pittance when we see John playing for our country. I don't blame Spurs though; they merely took advantage of the system. It's the system we should be angry at (and David Pleat, who ludicrously claimed on 5 Live last night that John was over-priced).
Old 07-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Gladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A young footballer decided to leave our club and go to a bigger one where they actually dared to offer him more money and the chance to play in Europe at 16. Boo hoo.

Perhaps he should have tattooed himself with red and blue stripes and signed a 10 year contract. Get over it.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Kung Foo Fighting

Eric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screenEric Young 83 has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
I have no doubt (heard a whisper from good source) [potentially defamatory comment deleted by Moderators - and warning given. Please read the Rules!]
Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I hope he does really well.
I don't particularly care one way or another. He isn't Palace, infact in many ways he never really was, so my interest in him is limited tbh.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chav_hater
he is a . if he hadnt have said that he was a fan of the club and whatever things would have been a lot different in terms of fan reaction i feel.
What he said
Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
I don't particularly care one way or another. He isn't Palace, infact in many ways he never really was, so my interest in him is limited tbh.
I meant purely for palace's financial benefit.

I don't care about him personally.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wanted to adopt him this time last year
Old 07-11-2008, 04:00 PM

Palaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalaceman95 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I wish John all the best, im not happy by the way he left or anything, but hes seems like a good lad and also a good player and possibly a future england player.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Gladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGladys Allover : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is it any different to us taking the best player from a non-league side with promotion aspirations, probably on a free or minimal transfer, and then letting them rot in the reserves in the hope that one of a dozen will actually make it....
Old 07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Is it any different to us taking the best player from a non-league side with promotion aspirations, probably on a free or minimal transfer, and then letting them rot in the reserves in the hope that one of a dozen will actually make it....

Yes. I dont remember us taking any non-league players who were life-long fans of their club and wanted to play for many years and captain said club and claimed they would sign a contract for said club yet after months of stalling they decided to sign for us.

The problem isn't Spurs. If it wasnt them it would have been another club. It's Bo$tock and his family that are the complete with no sense of loyalty, commitment and decency.

If he was the world beater he claims to be, then I dont think many people would have begrudged him a move away after 1-2 seasons with Palace.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:55 PM

etu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last I checked the likes of Dartford Dave and Simon Thomas came to us with their club's blessing, with their club having negotiated a fee with us to their satisfaction. So yes, slight difference.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Now,

I would like to name those that have a sense of humour:
little al and Uncle Brod who both awarded me good rep.

And those without:
the digger,
Eagle of Cray
jj62255,
and sw16girl.