Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-08-2005, 05:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by boxing francis
Says on SSN that Darren Bent has been called up to the England squad to replace the injured AJ.
Thats twice that he has pulled out of the squad. Sven is giving him the chances to stake a claim and bad luck is costing him. Sven will probably not include him in the squad for matches that matter now.

It is hard enough competing with the likes of Crouch for that one space, opening the door for another young rival further limits his chances.

Of course AJ may view this as Palace's fault. I think AJ can wave goodbye to the World Cup. After all if you want a promotion at work you need to be seen at work to achieve it not be throwing sickies all the time.
Old 15-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Sergeant Magi

Phil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Sven offered AJ's place to Alan Smith of Man U first but he turned it down as he's not match fit. Surprised Ashton wasn't next on the list
Old 15-08-2005, 05:58 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
His first goal was extremely fortunate - a poor shot that never should have beaten the keeper.

i thought that. if davies had of stood big in front of him he would have had far less chance scoring beacuse of a lack of angle. the actual shot he hit would have just hit him. odd keeping but maybe they were trying to second guess each other as they know one another.
Old 15-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Forza Steaua!

Explicit CPFC is playing for a contract
Bent scored 2 goals against one of the poorest defences i've seen in the premiership for a long time... i cant see him doing that too many times. Could be possible... but AJ is 5 levels over Bent!
Old 15-08-2005, 08:20 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not 5 levels. Not that I can understand what you've based that on.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 15-08-2005, 09:07 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Darren Bent, weird one. Newcastle wanted him when they got Ambrose. The news at the time was that he would sign for them at the end of that season for 2m. The move never materialised!
Old 15-08-2005, 09:37 PM

trub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetrub3101 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Newly promoted Sunderland gets beaten by established premiership side Charlton (well admit it you'd be surprised, admittedly more than pleasantly surprised, if Charlton where relegated end of season!) with new signing Darren Bent getting two.

Sunderland's defence was utter pants. End of. Plus Bent probably played against them twice last season and therefore knows about their defence more than most in the Prem.

Fact is AJ was second top scorer in the Premiership last season playing in a team miraclously promoted from Nationwide Division 1 and obviously boxing above their weight (technically).

I think this is plus the prompting from ID etc., may have been what persuaded SGE to include him in the squad. Darren Bent is going to have to go some and more to oust AJ from the reckoning especially if AJ hits the 25 to 30 goals as expected this season.

I am however in agreement with St Albans and believe that Crouch will get that final spot. I also agree that Sir SC and Phil O'Sophical that Ashton should have been next for the call up (imagine if we had managed to get him playing alongside AJ!).

Finally, lets not forget the likes of Smith, Vassell and even Beattie especially if they start to fire on all cylinders again!)
Old 15-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Eagleluke is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Explicit CPFC
Bent scored 2 goals against one of the poorest defences i've seen in the premiership for a long time... i cant see him doing that too many times. Could be possible... but AJ is 5 levels over Bent!
I trust you'll be saying the same about AJ when he scores against the comparatively poor defences of Plymouth, Crewe and Burnley? You can only score against what's in front of you, so I'm not sure why everybody's down on Bent for putting a couple past Sunderland.

some people on this forum make me laugh sometimes, when AJ handed in his transfer request because he wanted to play for England people were saying how he "had no chance". Now he's staying he's suddenly '5 levels' over other players?