Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: Who do you consider England's rivals?
Scotland 46 31.08%
Germany 65 43.92%
Argentina 26 17.57%
Turkey 4 2.70%
France 7 4.73%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
...so we are in fact their closest allies ( we hate them least ).
Old 11-06-2006, 12:07 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Deutschland - historical enemy since almost time immemorial. Millwall
Argentina - relative new kid on the block as enemies. Brighton.
Scotland - a mild irritant who hate us more than we hate them like say Charlton.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
everyone on mainland europe considers germany the country they most like to beat.
I'm not sure Spain would say that. I'm not sure who is Spain's principal rival - perhaps France?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:15 PM

fulhameagle is starting to shape upfulhameagle is starting to shape up
Re: Re: Who are Englands true rivals?

Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO
Interesting, I was thinking the very same thing this week.
I suppose the rivalry has to be mutual (as it is with Palace/Brighton).

Argentina's true rivals are Brazil.
Germany's true rivals are Holland.
Turkey don't come into it.
France, I don't really see as big rivals, I'm not sure who they consider their biggest rivals?
Scotland, as insignificant a footballing nation they may be, I guess I would class them as our true rivals.
Spot on, has to be the Jocks. Bring back England v Scotland annually
Old 11-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
I'm not sure Spain would say that. I'm not sure who is Spain's principal rival - perhaps France?
You're right. Anyone in scandinavia or central and eastern mainland Europe would be more correct. They ••••in hate the germans in Sweden and Denmark.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Got to be Scotland, they hate us and we beat them to keep them in thier place.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:40 PM

andywilliams is playing for a contract
Channel Islands
Old 11-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If Scotland had a team worthy of being called our rivals, it would have to be them; surely claiming them as a rival is like saying Croydon FC are CPFC's number one rival and we know that according the Clowns we are their # 1 rival
Old 11-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Whitehorse Wall Boys

ed winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of feared winchester is a gunboat in a sea of fear
I don't think any of you guys who are voting for Germany, Argentina or France have experienced, at first hand, an England v Scotland international!

I've been to loads of "big matches", but nothing compares to the atmosphere that over 80,000, mainly completely drunk Scots can come up with! To compare them with our "rivalry?!!" with Charlton is like comparing an ant to rhinoceros!

OK, Germany and Argentina have entered the equation due to the fact that "Home Internationals" which started in 1872 and ended in the mid 1980's mean we no longer play Scotland every year.

As far as France are concerned, nobody, but nobody, can take a bunch of frogs seriously, can they?

If any of you have travelled up to Glasgow to see exactly how much the Jocks actually do hate England, especially when we have played them there - you would'nt be in any doubt!

And it's not a "one-way" hatred, either! The number of fights I've witnessed at England v Scotland matches ( real fist to head combat!) is far in excess of anything else I've seen in over 35 years watching football.

They may be a joke now, but Scotland really leave Germany and Argentina far behind as rivals.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:23 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Traditionally its Scotland. We love to beat eachother and see eachother be beaten. Germany run a close 2nd due to the world war conflicts and there always seems to be great football matches between us. After that i would say Argentina.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by Hazzacpfc
).

Hard to hate the Scots in football terms when they're usually so insignificant.
Haven't they beaten us more times than we've beaten them?
Old 11-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by ed winchester
The number of fights I've witnessed at England v Scotland matches ( real fist to head combat!) is far in excess of anything else I've seen in over 35 years watching football.
So we should base who are rivals are on "real fist to head combat"
You can see that anytime in Glasgow when the local rivals go head to head or in your case "fist to head".
Old 11-06-2006, 03:27 PM

lyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationslyrical_g is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
why are turkey there??
just because they are greasy and nasty doesn't make them rivals
Old 11-06-2006, 03:35 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
So we should base who are rivals are on "real fist to head combat"
You can see that anytime in Glasgow when the local rivals go head to head or in your case "fist to head".
I thought the Glasgow handshake involved "heed to heed" combat.

I remember seeing Sweaties on the tube in 99 when they last played us at Wembley. They were giving it loads of "Unglush" abuse. But it was hard to take fans in ginger wigs, silly hats and wearing an old picnic blanket that masquerades as the "family tartan" seriously.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

Quote:
Originally posted by limited_edition
But it was hard to take fans in ginger wigs, silly hats and wearing an old picnic blanket that masquerades as the "family tartan" seriously.
I saw the hordes crossing into the US at Brownsville Tx, lovely looking bunch No luggage between them as they got on to the buses, my GOD I bet they had to scrap those buses
Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got to be the Scots, though admittedly they do have the Charlton-esque trait of caring more about us than we do them.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Yakshemash!

rednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have lived
Quote:
Originally posted by limited_edition
Deutschland - historical enemy since almost time immemorial. Millwall
Argentina - relative new kid on the block as enemies. Brighton.
Scotland - a mild irritant who hate us more than we hate them like say Charlton.
Just what I would have said! It's definately ze Germans!!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Yakshemash!

rednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have livedrednblue4ever is living as legends have lived
Quote:
Originally posted by lyrical_g
why are turkey there??
just because they are greasy and nasty doesn't make them rivals
They're dirty stabbing ••••• that's why and they hate us with an absolute passion.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Australia
Old 11-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
Australia

I reckon your right, the others, just havn't realised the future yet

Actually rivalry with the UK, helps drive this country.

I'm saying this pissed at 2.00 am in the morning, my fellow aussie's will probably be annoyed with me. But our eyes are set on the UK, and Particuarly England, and everytime we beat you. The country goes up just a little bit.

Rugby has been done, hockey happened years ago, boxing has been and gone, Motor racing. Cricket of course and now the Last bastion....

We are your new Scotland, but with a Vengance