Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:54 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well given the overall gates of Serie A are less than the Championship (I know we have more games, but still!), I would have thought despite the size of grounds the gates in the lower leagues must be tiny!
Old 04-07-2006, 06:13 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
A few grounds in Serie A are smaller than in the Prem, but then the grounds don't decrease so significantly as they do in England.

San Siro - 80k
Delle Alpi - 60k
Olimpico - 80k

In England there's Old Trafford (65k), Ashburton Grove (60k), Stamford Bridge (45k).

But in England we can't claim to have grounds of 80k (Napoli), 60k (Bari), and 45k (Genoa) in our second division.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:17 PM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But I would advocate that there is nothing worse in worse than a large stadium that is mostly empty, which is what happens in Italian football.

Smaller grounds with a higher percentage filled make for a much better atmosphere.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Latvian Eagle
But in England we can't claim to have grounds of 80k (Napoli), 60k (Bari), and 45k (Genoa) in our second division.
Sunderland are probably the largest (over 40k I think)
Old 04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Yeah but after Sunderand I think the next highest is prob about 27k.

All the clubs are complaining about the penalties being asked for.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Elland Road and Hillsborough hold about 40k, Derby 34k, Leicester, Saints, and Coventry 32k, Forest, Ipswich and Brum 30k.

Still nowhere near to the Italian clubs you mention but above the 27k figure you mention. (As are Wolves, Stoke, WBA, and Darlington.)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 05-07-2006, 10:04 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
My point was that English football as a whole was penalised because of the actions of a few idiotic fans, so why should the same not apply to Italian football after this scandal? After all, there are more grounds to do so, seeing how the allegations are of a greater footballing gravity. If the main clubs in Italy are all into match fixing and numerous other forms of corruption then what does that tell you about the state of their national game? There have always been rumblings of this kind of thing going on for years, it just has never been proved. Hopefully if/when it is proved in these cases then it will urge the powers that be to take a long hard look at the way domestic football in Italy is run.

In answer to your other point, no clubs here have been relegated in similar manner, but that is only because nothing ofd this nature has occured in the UK before. Remember, Chesterfield received an extremely heavy points deduction for financial irregularities, and there are similar regulations in place, with regards to clubs in administration. I suspect that if a club in this country did what Juve and co are alleged to have done, then their feet wouldn't touch the floor.

You just do not get it do you? Firstly, English fans were banned after running riot in Europe for twenty-five years, culminating in Heysel, when it was decided enough was enough.

The relegation punishments referred to related not to the match fixing, but to the situations regarding Torino, Napoli and Fiorentina. Clubs in similar situations in England, including Palace, have not been punished as Italian clubs have.

By the way, Peterborough were found guilty of matchfixing in the sixties, and were relegated one division for it. There was also a scandal in the early twentieth century, where I don't believe the clubs were punished at all!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
I don't believe any of this will happen, just a few fines.
Those Italian lawyers can't even nail Berlusconi.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:24 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

I agree with Celestial! I would love to see Milan, and Juve relegated! But they'll probably all get a tap on the wrist and told not to do it again!

They couldn't surely!? It would set a major precedent, but the FIGC would never send their beloved Juventus into Serie B never mind C!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
I agree with Celestial! I would love to see Milan, and Juve relegated! But they'll probably all get a tap on the wrist and told not to do it again!

They couldn't surely!? It would set a major precedent, but the FIGC would never send their beloved Juventus into Serie B never mind C!
Milan won't be relegated, Juve almost certainly will and if you think about it the precedent has already been set, as Genoa were relegated two divisions last year.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

It's true Genoa were, and Venezia were relegated a further division for their troubles.

But there's a whole lot of difference between Genoa (I know they used to be big!), and Juve! Everyone knows Juventus are the darling of Italian football. Milan only survived so long as Berlusconi was the country's president!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:49 AM

Quote:
It's true Genoa were, and Venezia were relegated a further division for their troubles.

But there's a whole lot of difference between Genoa (I know they used to be big!), and Juve! Everyone knows Juventus are the darling of Italian football. Milan only survived so long as Berlusconi was the country's president!
Two things, Genoa, like Everton (now I wonder why I choose them in relation to matchfixing?) are traditionally one of the big clubs in Italy, with something like nine scudetti to their name.

As for your point about Milan, seeing as they were the best team in Europe before Berlusconi took them over, it hardly stands up does it? More likely that Berlusconi got elected because of Milan's success!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
A few grounds in Serie A are smaller than in the Prem, but then the grounds don't decrease so significantly as they do in England.

San Siro - 80k
Delle Alpi - 60k
Olimpico - 80k

In England there's Old Trafford (65k), Ashburton Grove (60k), Stamford Bridge (45k).

I'd guess if you go by the average for the entire division they decrease in size much more quickly than they do in England even if they contain one or two formerly large clubs fallen on hard times.

If any religations do happen what are the chances we'll see a a arft of panic transfers? Being Italian most of there squads are in their 30's but I could see Prem teams being interested in Kaka, Buffon, Gattuso, Ibrahimovic, Pirlo, Viera etc.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 AM

Joeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The lawyer for Juventus has stated that they should be relegated but only to Serie B not C

Winner of the inaugural BBS Ashes Competition
Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

We do have Elland Road, Stadium of Light and Hillsborough in our 2nd tier which aren't exactly bad grounds?

Spike Milligan
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

San Siro - 80k
Delle Alpi - 60k
Olimpico - 80k

Are Italian staduims all seaters? That is the reason English grounds seem smaller. Remember, Palace used to hold 51,000. Charlton over 65k and most other teams had 40-50k+ in the top 2 Divisions.
Old Trafford holds 72K now.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Bored

Melfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenmentMelfort Eagle has reached a state of spiritual enlightenment
Wouldnt Juve become only the second team do drop to the third tier of their football league, after winning the champions league?
Old 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:

Must have been a greatatmosphere watching Bari then, a ground that holds 60k with an average gate of 4848

Their biggest gate was less than 8k
Old 08-07-2006, 02:54 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I went to the Maracana in Rio for Botofago v Sau Paulo. 150,000 capacity, less than 10,000 showed up, spread around the ground. Over 500 of these seemed to be tourists on tours. The main business was selling replica Brazil shirts to saddo gringos, many of whom had little interest in football.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:56 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Story in the Mirror today says that the Italian Justice ministers (?) are considering a full reprieve for the teams if Italy win the World Cup.

"8 July 2006
CARRY ON FIXING
WORLD CUP FINAL ITALY v FRANCE, TOMORROW, KICK-OFF 7PM
Lift the World Cup and we'll give amnesty to clubs says minister
Martin Lipton Chief Football Writer
ITALY were handed an extraordinary boost ahead of the World Cup Final last night when the country's justice minister said there should be an amnesty for the clubs in the corruption scandal.

Seven of Marcello Lippi's starting side in Berlin play for clubs facing relegation from Serie A following the bribery and match-fixing shame that has taken Italian football into the gutter.

Juventus quartet Gianluigi Buffon, Gianluca Zambrotta, Fabio Cannavaro and Mauro Camoranesi face being demoted two divisions to Serie C with the Turin club the most heavily implicated."

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.

Last edited by Maidstoned Eagle; 08-07-2006 at 03:01 PM.