Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:28 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Gary Neville missed a sitter
Ledley King is not Engalnd International quality
Downing is not England International quality
Carrick is not England International quality
Gerrard should be in the middle
Crouch is not England International quality
Defoe is not England International quality
Wright-Phillips has been ruined by Chelsea

That is 8 out of 14 not up to it in the position they played!
I disagree.

King, Downing, Carrick, Crouch, Defoe may not be International quality, but they are certainly England International quality.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:30 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
He is 21/22 and fookin quality
I don't see what his prowess in the sack has to do with it. Kieron Dyer loves the laydeez but has failed to convince anyone of his international quality.

Joe Cole will make it all better, right friends?

Cheers Downyboys,

Carlos
Old 07-10-2006, 07:54 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dal
The crux of the matter is that the team won't play well until McLaren has the balls to drop Lampard or Gerrard.

Wright-Phillips should then get a run at right-midfield and then Gerrard could play in the centre with a fit-again Hargreaves.

Left side remains a problem but Downing at least has a left foot. He needs a run of games to bed into the team.
Couldn't agree more at times Lampard has been magnificent for chelski, but him and Gerrard simply can't play together, how many times do you see them literaly next to each other getting in each others way.

Italy never play Totti and Del Piero together although they are arguably the two greatest Italian players.

One of Gerrard/Lampard has to be in the team the other on the bench; that is unless Gerrad plays right wing back in a 352 formation. Personally I would drop Lampard and play Hargreave/Parker and Gerrard ideally with Cole on the left and lennon on the right, Rooney can then play slightly behind AJ/Owen/Bent and if all else fails throw on the freak for the last 15.

We also need one of the centre backs to be able to step into deep midfield and/or carry the ball out from defence. Rio Ferdinand is absolutely made for this but under Sven boring erickson and steve Mcmuck he has obviously been told on no circumstances to cross the half way line even if we are playing Andorra reserves at home.

Finally, especially at home we need to play at a premiership tempo.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Frank Lampard is insanely overrated, I'd score a few goals if I had Michael Essien and Makelele to win all my balls for me
Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
Frank Lampard is insanely overrated, I'd score a few goals if I had Michael Essien and Makelele to win all my balls for me
Strange isn't it? He turned into a world class player as soon as Makelele and the other players joined the Chelski squad.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
downings a bit of a weird player, sumtimes i see him the most fantastic crosses for boro in the european games etc, and being the best player on the pitch, then i see him hitting the first man for ever corner free kick etc, hes far too inconsistent, and probably isn't quick enough
boro alredy have two other outstanding winger prospects, adam johnson and morrison, with nathan porrit also being tipped to come good
Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 PM

Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Ward's Mullet knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by Absolution
Strange isn't it? He turned into a world class player as soon as Makelele and the other players joined the Chelski squad.
Couldn't you say the same about Terry?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:20 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Downing over-rated.

Felt sorry for Rooney - fancy having Lampard and Carrick playing behind you, and Crouch next to you.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I honestly think if Downing was right footed he'd be working in a McDonalds. I can't see any other reason why he gets in the England team, aside from the McClaren/Boro connection. Don't get me wrong, he looked like a real prospect when he broke into the Middlesbrough first team at 18/19 and he deserved to win his first England cap as early as he did. But I don't think his game has progressed at all in the years since, no end product at all and he doesn't seem able to think on his feet and make the right pass for the team or cut inside. He just runs, kicks it and watches as it goes out of play or 10,000 feet over the players heads. I can't see what good that is to the team.

I don't think he was particularly awful today, everyone was bad. But I think he's found wanting at international level.

Boro have another youngster, Johnson(?) who plays in the same position and looks like an absolute mirror image of Downing when he first came into the first team. In three or four years time, he could be brilliant. But I think Downing's showing it doesn't always work out like that.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
Ive gotta agree with this. Lampard has lost his hunger that he first showed a few years ago for England. We cant have another manager who aint got the balls to make changes.

Downing has been poor for England so far but i wont write off his international career yet.

To be honest, in terms of real quality our cupboard is bare! Gerrard just didnt look interested and i would like to know what position he is supposed to be playing in this formation as he was all over the place achieving nothing.

Boy did we miss Hargreaves in there breaking things up. I thought we got away with a point today.

Its Groundhog day all over again with England! The game was crying out for Wrighty in the 2nd half, and if he had more than 20 mins we might have stolen it.

Anyway rant over. Same old story.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Lampard and carrick were shocking. That is why Gerrard got dragged out because of his hunger for the ball. Downing was so so and shouldn't be singled out.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Absolution
'International' quality isn't needed in these games to be fair. What the game needed was AJ's pace ahead of Rooney playing deeper. He is the only inform English forward in the Premiership, shame he got injured.
shame his managers a jock,injured?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Re: Stuart Downing - Disgraceful

Quote:
Originally posted by Young Trolley
What is this bloke doing anywhere near the England team? Never an International in a million years, his performance today was embarrassing. I have seen nothing in any of the games he's featured that suggest he has anything to offer at this level whatsoever. I can only assume it's the old pals act with McClaren that's getting him in?

To me he's just a modern day Phil Barber

Hey but on the upside you've got a new booboy now that Hargreaves has suddenly become flavour of the month.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
Gary Neville missed a sitter
Ledley King is not Engalnd International quality
Downing is not England International quality
Carrick is not England International quality
Gerrard should be in the middle
Crouch is not England International quality
Defoe is not England International quality
Wright-Phillips has been ruined by Chelsea

That is 8 out of 14 not up to it in the position they played!
King, Carrick and Crouch are all capable of playing at this level but our players only ever under achieve at International level never over achieve...hoe the f*ck did Greece ever win the Euro's. Every player you mention in that list is better man for man for every one of theirs. It is down to management and mentality I think.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:01 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Great arcticle by Russel Brand in the Guardian this morning basically saying how can it be a new dawn when yesterday it feels like yesterday. We needed some one who hadn't been in the set up before and recruiting Venables show's we are living in the past.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
He's a great crosser of the ball + he's left footed. But I'm not sure that means he should start for England.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:08 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
its time to play players who will give 100% for the team IE parker and aj.overated players out of form IE lampard and rooney,should be dropped.Sven mk2 will never do this.
England don,t play as a team,more like a bunch of individuals,who think they,re better than they actually are.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Timbo
Rooney was our worst player today, as he was at the World Cup
Best player........Crouch, as he was at the World Cup!
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.
Rooney wasn't match-fit during the world Cup, and his confidence is low. Quality will out--he will get back to form.
Crouch remains the limited player he always will be. End of story
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Batsta
He's a great crosser of the ball + he's left footed. But I'm not sure that means he should start for England.
simon roger never got a call up.....
Old 07-10-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joyce the voice
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.
Rooney wasn't match-fit during the world Cup, and his confidence is low. Quality will out--he will get back to form.
Crouch remains the limited player he always will be. End of story
I agree.