Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 22-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Up'n'Coming Eagle

Young_Eagle is playing for a contract
Big Sam to turn Newcastle's Flops Around

Sam Allardyce will give every Newcastle player a fair chance to turn their careers around at St James' Park.

The former Bolton boss is confident he can resurrect a number of Magpies players' faltering careers over the coming season, including Spanish striker Albert Luque.

Allardyce was known for his ability to get the best out of stars who had lost their way while at The Reebok Stadium and he is confident the same will be the case at Newcastle.

Luque has had the biggest struggle since his 9.5million move from Deportivo La Coruna and almost ended his nightmare spell in the North East in January.

A move to PSV Eindhoven fell through and now Allardyce will bid to bring the best out of Luque by conducting a thorough investigation into his possible problems.

"I feel far too many players have got lost at this football club and it is my responsibility to make sure that does not happen to any current member of the staff or any new player I might bring in," Allardyce said.

"One of the reasons I was successful at Bolton Wanderers was transforming a foreign player out of whatever country he had come from into a Premiership player.

"That's because we found out what problems he had as early as we possibly could.

"I don't want to be too critical of what has happened here in the past, but in my opinion, there has not been enough focus on what is happening in a player's life away from the training ground and the club.

"Has he got the right lifestyle? Is he living in the right place for him and his family? In fact, it's not just the player but his wife and family.

"But once that is sorted out, you get the best out of player and this is something I have got to try to work out with Albert Luque.

"He might be too far gone, who knows? But we might still be able to resurrect his career here. We will see."

Sky Sports - To view the link you have to Register or Login
And burn the f***** lot.
Old 22-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Sam will be very good for Newcastle IMHO.

They have been crying out for someone to get hold of some of these mega money superstars by the balls and squeezing until they earn their money something he will have no problem in doing whereas other managers have been too fearful of doing so.

Give him 6 months and Newcastle will be looking a very difficult side to beat.
Old 22-06-2007, 04:16 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I don't think they'll do much.
Old 22-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Its not just about prima donna's though, its about understanding the requirements these players have, working out their psyche and dealing with it.

Despite Allardyce's involvement with dodgy transfers, he's an excellent man manager. I can see Newcastle doing quite well next season.
Old 22-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Newfound Freo Fan

andy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkandy_cpfc sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It will be interesting to see how he gets on up there, if he does well at sorting out troubled and misfiring players, surely he would be a good bet as a future england manager, as getting the best out of underperforming players seems to be a key responibility of an england manager atm
Old 22-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by beef
I don't think they'll do much.
Three certainties in life - Death, Taxation and Newcastle under-achieving.

Th problems at that club run deeper than the manager, players or indeed chairman.