Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Women know feck all about football. However maybe that shouldn't preclude them from commentating as most blokes seem to talk out of their arse as well.

Let's face it.....it's a PC decision.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by AshfordianEagle
Try this,

I would
seconded.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM

GanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGanbareWashi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CPFC Town
I dont mind having a female commentator but didnt really like her style too much. I dont need a commentator to tell me every single detail about whats happening on the pitch when i can see it.
Spot on. I knew something was "out of place" or wrong with her commentary and this is it. Also agree about the annoying statistics she comes out with. At least Jonathan Pearce's nuggets of information are somewhat original.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Football is not for girls
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
She's awful.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
When I first heard it I thought it was Blue Peter being PC or something by giving a little girl a chance to do what is, let's be fair, a man's job.

It was bloody awful and I couldn't believe it when I realised that it was for real. There is no way I could sit through that again.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I would like to "do" her.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What is the lady's name?
She is a Palace supporter?
Are people just having a pop at her because she is a woman? I've heard her on R5L & she's alwasy been ok.
Mind you I like Alan Green.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy
I would like to "do" her.
If only the converse was true....
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know its not PC but I had to turn it down / over
Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Was it Jacqui Oatley?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
Was it Jacqui Oatley?
Yes.

She's OK.

JohnA is mean.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
I know its sexist but listening to male commentary on football is one of the last bastions. She may know her stuff and certainly has all the buzzwords and facts to hand, knows the players names etc, but I think blokes like to hear another bloke talking about what they're watching. My wife would kill me if I went on telly describing women's dresses or shoes. But thats another story

If she really is a Palace fan I've never heard her at Palace. I'm sure with a voice like that, someone would have
"And here comes Ifill racing down the wing, he's just come back after 23.57 weeks out with a hamstring strain stroke flu"
Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM

Herr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Female commentator on MOTD

Quote:
Originally posted by ZOHAR
How annoying is she?

I had to listen to the Everton vs Fulham game on mute because of how screechy she gets whenever the ball goes near the goal...
It's easy for us fella's to be labelled 'sexist' but without any prompting from me my wife said pretty much the same thing.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Illusions, Michael.

Diggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiggers digs in? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's not that she's a woman, it's just sounds a) like a 10 year old boy and b) really not that good. You can have an authoratitive sounding female voice but she really doesn't have one and I think you need one. Georgie Thompson was a perfect example.

"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Optimistic Eagle

telodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetelodaja : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I mentioned that it just didn't sound right, and got accused of being sexist!?
I'm surprised your'e surprised. Now ont get me wrong I'm not sexist, some of my best friends including my wife are women But there is something not quite right about her commentary and as someone else said it's not the fact she is a woman I think it is her style. It reminds of those voiceovers they do when they have a soundbite by someone speaking in another language. It comes across without feeling and as though she is reading a script. Perhaps she's trust trying too hard, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt ...for now.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
I know its not PC but I had to turn it down / over
See how the brainwashing takes hold?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:03 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

and she's Wolves not Palace. The Worm has Turned. Ronnie Corbett saw all this coming you know.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Enjoy the Silence

klimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsklimskady was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
Women know feck all about football. However maybe that shouldn't preclude them from commentating as most blokes seem to talk out of their arse as well.

Let's face it.....it's a PC decision.
Yawn.

www.midnighttattoostudio.co.uk
Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
just caught the goals on motd2 - she was terrible