Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
PC bollocks.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A screechy John Motson - I'm sure she's modeled her style on him
Old 09-12-2007, 11:22 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
absolutely dreadful
Old 09-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps part of the problem is that she is using a radio style commentry for TV?

When Gary Lineker started doing Grandstand he was extremley bad. Now most people would say he is a very accomplished presenter.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Monkey Shadow

simplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Halfwayline
and not quoting so many stats.

They always try to pull this one..Never be able to make up for not having a cock I'm afraid..

I hadn't noticed here untill last nigt so maybe she's getting a little over confident..

She should go back to collecting team sheets for proper commentators
Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 AM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Perhaps part of the problem is that she is using a radio style commentry for TV?
I think that could well be the case. She does come across as screechy but some male commentators are just as bad. Anyway women commentating on football matches is nothing new anyway, I used to remember about five years ago a woman regularly commentating on highlights of cup matches on Match of the Day but her name escapes me. I can't help thinking the backlash against Jacqui is because she is commentating on the Premier League.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I didn't hear this woman, but if it means there will be less of Motson I'm in favour. (Actually, I'd vote for a Stephen Hawking commentary over Motson).
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian of Chatham
I think that could well be the case. She does come across as screechy but some male commentators are just as bad. Anyway women commentating on football matches is nothing new anyway, I used to remember about five years ago a woman regularly commentating on highlights of cup matches on Match of the Day but her name escapes me. I can't help thinking the backlash against Jacqui is because she is commentating on the Premier League.
Some male commentators may well be as bad, that makes it worse, not better. The 'backlash', I believe, is because most of us are convinced that it is just PC crap and the BBC (and others) wont admit that there are some things that men do better than women (and vice versa).
Old 10-12-2007, 08:27 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by OldPeanutSeller
I didn't hear this woman, but if it means there will be less of Motson I'm in favour. (Actually, I'd vote for a Stephen Hawking commentary over Motson).
Nope not if you heard her. It was like chalk on a blackboard. I had to turn the sound off.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 10-12-2007, 08:33 AM

Fide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFide et Fiducia : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lets be honest, most commentators get abuse and are disliked, another one to slag off is no big deal.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by klimskady
Yawn.
I'm only going by experience -- Men talk shit most of the time but I've been sat next to plenty of women during matches and they seem to be barely aware of what's going on at all. The worst case was Southhampton away when I had to endure three women talking about Nigel Martyns bum for 90 minutes.

The only sensible comment ever came ironically from my wife ( who hates all sport ) whom i forced to go to Palace once. She enquired as to why the players kept booting the ball in the air randomly instead of controlling it and then passing it to one of their team mates.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy

The only sensible comment ever came ironically from my wife ( who hates all sport ) whom i forced to go to Palace once. She enquired as to why the players kept booting the ball in the air randomly instead of controlling it and then passing it to one of their team mates.
I can see why you only took her once. I hate women that ask difficult questions.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's less to do with gender, the pace of delivery, or content of her work just that she has an annoying voice; I wouldn't employ her to do commentary - imagine 90 minutes of that
Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Scroatey
It's less to do with gender, the pace of delivery, or content of her work just that she has an annoying voice; I wouldn't employ her to do commentary - imagine 90 minutes of that
have to agree. she will appear on a fa cup game soon i reckon.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
The worst case was Southhampton away when I had to endure three women talking about Nigel Martyns bum for 90 minutes.
your only jealous cos they wernt talking about your bum
Old 10-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
She could improve by talking less
Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It sounds like she is reading everything from a script ALL the time. No real creativity in her delivery. She is quite dull as well. And she comes out with more facts & stats than Motty!
Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by OldPeanutSeller
She was very poor. Screechy, whiney and not good to listen too. Her pitch was so high the dogs round here all started barking.
I do agree with OPS though. Anything is better than Motson.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
It's been emotional.

Bartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBartman was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
It's only because it sounded like an 11 year old boy was doing the commentating in a 'You've been Framed' kind of way. The actual substance was fine.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:14 AM

Tele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betrayTele Caster is like ice, their footing does betray
She has a script prepared for every scenario and it drives you crackers. Typical woman - she never knows when to put a sock in it - esp when the footy is on.