Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 15-09-2008, 03:49 PM
A Poor Boy

Zohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Charlton now pick up from Ramsgate!

I have just noticed that Charlton ferry in "fans" from as far away as Ramsgate now. That is about a 140 mile round trip for a home game.

That is fair enough for Charlton to lay on the cheap travel etc, but I was wondering what impact this may have long term on teams like Margate etc who rely on the local community to stay alive.

I know it is the individuals choice as to whether they set foot on the bus up to Charlton, but does anyone else think this may potentialy have adverse affects on local football long term?
Old 15-09-2008, 03:53 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Im surprised they are still going this . I wonder how many coaches they lay on now ? When they dont go up will they do it next season i doubt it .
Old 15-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Re: Charlton now pick up from Ramsgate!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zohar Returns
I have just noticed that Charlton ferry in "fans" from as far away as Ramsgate now. That is about a 140 mile round trip for a home game.

That is fair enough for Charlton to lay on the cheap travel etc, but I was wondering what impact this may have long term on teams like Margate etc who rely on the local community to stay alive.

I know it is the individuals choice as to whether they set foot on the bus up to Charlton, but does anyone else think this may potentialy have adverse affects on local football long term?
Yes it does, but the smaller non-league clubs can't compete with 20 trips including a ticket. My local club charge an adult 8 to get in and couldn't afford to charge any less.

I usually drive to Palace games but for the Chelsea Prem away game me & my daughter got the train. Couldn't belive the clowns were picking up from my towns station, we never see any clown fans out and about here.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 15-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Re: Re: Charlton now pick up from Ramsgate!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Couldn't belive the clowns were picking up from my towns station, we never see any clown fans out and about here.
I don't even see any in the Charlton "stronghold" that is Medway. All in all I've seen one woman wearing the shirt, they're consumers not fans.
Old 15-09-2008, 05:04 PM
On probation

jookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolais
Wonder if they will pick up from Dymchurch? as my mate has a timeshare there
Old 15-09-2008, 05:08 PM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Re: Charlton now pick up from Ramsgate!

Quote:
Originally posted by chatham_eagle
I don't even see any in the Charlton "stronghold" that is Medway. All in all I've seen one woman wearing the shirt, they're consumers not fans.
True they are consumers, but a football club is a business that needs consumers. It would be nice to see another 10,000 consumers at Selhurst of a Saturday. Regardless how much Palace is in their blood or whatever - they are still just as capable of supporting the team as far as i can figure.
Old 15-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
At Croydon Athletic they charge 8, and the gate is always down if Palace are playing at home or in a close away game, Thankfully hardly any games clash this season, So i can go to both
Old 15-09-2008, 05:11 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
stop talking about Charlton on Meridian news ffs
Old 15-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
The Dymchurch glory hunters must have enjoyed their day out on Saturday then!
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by beef
stop talking about Charlton on Meridian news ffs
And BBC Kent, The Kent Messenger etc, reet grinds my bones.
On probation

jookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolaisjookbeard knows his Claret from his Beaujolais
Re: Re: Re: Charlton now pick up from Ramsgate!

Quote:
Originally posted by chatham_eagle
I always thought that the Clowns strong hold came from pockets of South East London;Plumstead,Woolwich,Welling,Bexleyheath,Tham esmead,Belvadere,Abbey Wood,Blackfen,Mottingham,Eltham,Crayford,Bexley,Er ith, quite a big fanbase really
Old 15-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just 10 for a coach to Selhurst Park. We would charge 18 for a coach to the Valley.
Old 16-09-2008, 02:43 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
next stop isle of sheppy. free boat, happy meal on arrival then free coach to valley
Old 16-09-2008, 09:53 AM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You have to admire them, whilst at the same time wondering why Palace aren't doing something similar.

Do Palace expect to raise enough money selling rubbish t-shirts in the Club Shop to get by? - the latest 'range' in there is frankly embarrassing.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 16-09-2008, 12:48 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't criticise them for that. I'd rather people from the South East supported a team other than Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, which over two thirds of teenagers in England do. Perhaps Palace could make similar efforts as there are so many empty seats at Selhurst now.
Old 16-09-2008, 01:31 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Regan
You have to admire them, whilst at the same time wondering why Palace aren't doing something similar.

Do Palace expect to raise enough money selling rubbish t-shirts in the Club Shop to get by? - the latest 'range' in there is frankly embarrassing.
'Fraid so, Jack. It's all well and good with SJ reeling out populist sound bytes, but the reality is that Charlton have done and are doing far more to entice new fans than Palace under Jordan.

The club is clueless and the proof of the pudding is that Charlton are averaging far higher attendances. 21 thousand on Saturday for them, as opposed to 14 thousand for us.