Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Me too, went til two last night, I'm going to avoid this thread for a while as I'm getting worried about spoilers.

Good luck, Ridcully, GrayP41ace, NateEagle and others...

Bobsta- you're a beast.
PauLo- Hope you like oblivion and like this too.
PM- Get your head looked at; it's magic.
Immoralgiant - don't cut your feet.

Laters,

A Mooching Cat

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 17-11-2011, 04:35 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Godspeed good sir.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 17-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Thanks mate, love ya. Just onto yet another 5 hour session now.. Picked the best time for a week off!!
Old 17-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers mate, can't wait to crack on to this...sounds like lots to delve in to, just the reason i loved oblivion so much
Old 18-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Need sleep 0230 last night, not good. Level 14 now and 5 dragons slain!

I am at a rock hard bit and don't think my character is powerful enough yet so may have to go and do some side quests...

I won't spoil it for others tho.
Old 18-11-2011, 10:22 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think if I get this, I'll get it the first week in Dec, when I have a week off.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 18-11-2011, 11:07 AM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Need sleep 0230 last night, not good. Level 14 now and 5 dragons slain!

I am at a rock hard bit and don't think my character is powerful enough yet so may have to go and do some side quests...

I won't spoil it for others tho.
I'm level 13 and only killed one dragon as i have spent loads of time on side quests.
Old 18-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm level 10 now, and have killed two.

The second one appeared and some mammoths & giants waded in too.
took me a few attempts before I survived that battle!
Old 18-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Level 33 now. Archery up to 86 (spent around 12k getting 5 levels from Some guy at the thieves guild). Spent all of my time doing thieves guild last night, mostly burglary and numbers jobs and a few of the thieves questline. One very tough mission! Can't play til tomorrow I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
Old 18-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is the wood cutting axe just a weapon, or can you chop wood with it?
if so, where do you find the wood?
Old 18-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Charlton(R)

There's a pile at the north of riverwood near hod
Old 18-11-2011, 12:18 PM

charl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Niro
wood chuck could chuck wood?

FWL Honours:
Season XX - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XX - FA Cup Winners
Season XVIII - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XVIII - Championship Winners
Season XVII- League 1 Winners
Old 18-11-2011, 12:25 PM

charl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Niro
I dont like the lack of a timer which tells you how long your buff spells or things like poison last .. or even something to tell if you have been poisoned.

I think they've done it to be more realistic.. but in a game like this I think timers like that are kind of essential, or at least SOMe kind of indicator. I'm only two hours in so maybe i'm missing something.. but surely the game can't expect you to know when your buffed just from you being slightly more shiny.

Also playing on console the fact you can't switch between load-outs with the click of one button is bloody annoying, Left and right on the D-pad arent even used for anything as far as I know, what a waste of buttons.

Don't get me wrong, I am gagging to get home and play it but those two things are basic and should not of been left out..

If i'm missing a trick here with quick switching other than up on D pad and scrolling down your favourites.. or the HUD thing please help a brother out.

FWL Honours:
Old 18-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Charlton(R)

If you hold left or right on the d pad from favourites menu, it assigns something to that button making it easier . I have bow on right and sword on left
Old 18-11-2011, 12:29 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAH, that will be so helpful.

Was getting so sick of scrolling down my fecking favourites.

FWL Honours:
Old 21-11-2011, 08:55 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My copy finally arrived today, played for about 4 hours. Enjoyed everything about it apart from the unrealistic combat. Dark Souls shits on it in that regard. That might be because my fighting is crap at the moment, alot of rainmakers going on. I dont like how you cant lock onto your enemy, I tend to lose sight of them quite a bit and then get my ass handed to me on a platter. Cant run with your sheild up, what's that about?

I'm going down the thief route. I'm at Bleak Falls Barrow trying to find the Dragon Stone. Can't believe how big the first dungeon/cave is.
Old 21-11-2011, 09:10 AM
No longer a student

StudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for you
A "productive" weekend. 100 smithing and 100 blocking up.

Skid Row - you can get a perk which allows you to run with your shield once you level up (and also block arrows 100%, which makes dealing with archers considerably easier as you close the distance) but it's a pain at the beginning.

Anyone else finding some mage opponents to be completely overpowered? Even with 300 health, there are a few standard mage opponents (i.e. not named "boss" fights) that can kill me almost instantaneously. This usually goes thusly:

Me: Ah, a mage up ahead. Enter sneak mode, get close enough for a ranged attack. Fire at the head, hit x2.0 sneak attack bonus. Takes less than a third of their health bar.

Them: Ouch, an arrow to the head. Nevermind, I see you now - fireball, fireball (or alternatives ice shard, ice shard, ice shard).

Me: Dead. Reload. Repeat.

On the few occasions that I manage to get close enough to melee, they'll just keep on firing off two or three attacks a second and never, apparently, run out of magicka. My sword, in the meantime, will seem to struggle to cut through robes. That's when I hit them at least - most of the time they're moving so quickly as to make any attempt at melee pointless.

This is all when I've got the elemental blocking perk to absorb 50% of elemental attacks and a magicka drain enchanted sword.

Short of sneaking about and trying to range mages, what's the strategy? I can understand mages being powerful, but they shouldn't be able to take so much punishment when you do manage to close them down. Surely inflicting damage on them ought also to interrupt any spell, as it does with playable characters?

Strava profile
Old 21-11-2011, 09:18 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have had trouble with random mages too, they do generally seemed overpowered.
Old 21-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Eep! Woot!

guess it depends on difficulty setting.
It's annoying after having real trouble killing someone, and then when you search their body, they have super-rubbish weapons/armour.
Old 21-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Is this playable on console? I played oblivion on PC, and I'm wondering how well bow, spells, etc work on a 360?