Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So at the start of the game, you have to decide between going with the imperial guard fella or the stormcloaks.

This will obviously have a bearing on whether you are set on the track of joining the rebels or the imperial legion with the subsequent difficulty of being able to join the one you do not choose, later on in the game, e.g. if you join the stormcloaks, it would be hard to join the legion later on.

What are peoples experiences with these if any? Being the rebelious type I've gone with the stormcloak fella but am yet to get any further than simply exiting the tunnels after the initial dragon attack.
Old 25-11-2011, 07:23 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateEagle
So at the start of the game, you have to decide between going with the imperial guard fella or the stormcloaks.

This will obviously have a bearing on whether you are set on the track of joining the rebels or the imperial legion with the subsequent difficulty of being able to join the one you do not choose, later on in the game, e.g. if you join the stormcloaks, it would be hard to join the legion later on.

What are peoples experiences with these if any? Being the rebelious type I've gone with the stormcloak fella but am yet to get any further than simply exiting the tunnels after the initial dragon attack.
It won't matter which way you go at the outset, the decision to join the Legion or the Stormcloaks is made when you choose one or the other optional quest much later on.

FWIW, the Stormcloaks are a bunch of racists, so I'll be joining the Legion when I eventually get round to it...

Strava profile
Old 25-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why are the controls the wrong way round. Right mouse button for left hand and vice versa. A bit monging.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 26-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Is anyone else getting rather bored of all the dragon encounters? seems like they appear pretty much every place i fast travel to & its now just a hindrance more than anything. I think even half the amount of dragon encounters would still be too many.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
There is a dragon EVERYTIME I go back to Winterhold College. Which isnt too bad as all the other mages come out and it is dusted in no time. I must have about 20-30 dragon souls now though haha.
Old 28-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Yeah Winterhold & Dawnstar are rife for dragon action!
Old 28-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haven't decided to fight a dragon yet. Now on level 9, have learned loads of shouts, now may be the time.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

Old 28-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

Must say am hating the interface for levelling up and skills, seems oddly geared for console use rather than PC, odd from Bethedsa.

Old 28-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's cos pc gamers smell funny
Old 28-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'm level 46 now. About to finish the thieves guild for good. Annoyingly though I have a glitched quest to become thane of riften where it's impossible to hand quest in, so I can't buy the house shame.
Old 28-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Sneering at your shins

There's a patch out today for PS3 users, fixes the lag issues apparently and not alot else. Xbox patch will be in a few days, been quite lucky so far with quest glitches but my weapons have a nice habit of dropping dmg points randomly, like 65>50
Old 28-11-2011, 05:24 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've finally given in! Im off to Leadenhall market to buy this game right now!

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 29-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear
I've finally given in! Im off to Leadenhall market to buy this game right now!
Good choice, i did the same. Only getting to play it sparingly but have already seen some improvements since Oblivion, which i loved...and incorporating some of the nice features that Fallout3 had.
Old 29-11-2011, 12:47 PM

charl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Nirocharl0n-CPFC is up against the wall, behaving like De Niro
I think the V.A.T.S system on fallout would work really well on Skyrim,

Melee combat gets a bit boring which V.A.T.S would improve.

FWL Honours:
Season XX - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XX - FA Cup Winners
Season XVIII - World Club Cup Gold Winners
Season XVIII - Championship Winners
Season XVII- League 1 Winners
Old 29-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Canterbury Eagle

I always thought of VATS as something attributed to the futuristic setting of the game and wouldnt feel it would fit so well with skyrim...but i do agree with you re melee
Old 30-11-2011, 11:57 AM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
2 days in and i'm loving it (the girlfriend is not!) - Got as far as obtaining the golden claw on the main quest. But i've mainly been exploring. - I think the combat is great in that you actually have to watch your opponent and time your attacks.

Not entirely sure about about the skills system and if I'm training the right things for my charchter (can i master archery and one handed combat at the same time? or should i focus on one?)

The NPC's talking over each other is a little annoying to, but apart from that I can't fault this game!

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:58 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by charl0n-CPFC
I think the V.A.T.S system on fallout would work really well on Skyrim,

Melee combat gets a bit boring which V.A.T.S would improve.
I think they should look at the combat from Demon/Dark Souls and unashamedly copy it.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Canterbury Eagle

Has anyone else figured out at which point you can use your characters special power...I'm dark elf so can use ancestors wrath i think its called but have yet to use it...i dont seem to be able to equip it.

I'm only up to level 7 so has that got anything to do with it? Thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought you could use it straight away.
what happens when you try & equip it?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Canterbury Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I thought you could use it straight away.
what happens when you try & equip it?
I can equip it in the menu screen, i.e. the triangle comes up next to it. But I cant then use it when i return to the main screen and whatever magic/weapon i was using before i entered the menu screen is still active.