Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Wow. Just wow.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have to wait for it to be delivered from the UK.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
It'll be worth the wait fella, it really will.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Gonna go get it in about an hour? The award for best placed week off goes to..ME!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Pure Codology

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Damn you bastards...I just havent got time at the mo to invest in to this game remembering how much of my life Oblivion sapped up so i'm gonna resist and get around xmas when i have some spare time....

I hate you all for getting this now and enjoying how awesome its going to be :-(
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
No longer a student

StudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for you
Finally despatched by Sainsburys. Bet it won't arrive until Monday. Infuriating!

Strava profile
Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I want this.

Maybe i should play Oblivion first, i've had it for about 3 years and played it for all of 15 minutes the day I bought it.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Pure Codology

Paulo, I reckon you should give oblivion another go.

If the basic premise of that didn't grab you - which it looks like it didn't - then you'd be wasting forty odd quid on this; it's basically a much better version of the same schtick.

For me, this is the best game I've ever played, but I loved Oblivion and this is just an insanely better version of that.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Sneering at your shins

CPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleepCPFC_flake lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep
Just gone out and grabbed it.....about to begin. Joy.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got Deus Ex to swap, so will pop into town tomorrow and get this
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle

If the basic premise of that didn't grab you - which it looks like it didn't - then you'd be wasting forty odd quid on this; it's basically a much better version of the same schtick.

For me, this is the best game I've ever played, but I loved Oblivion and this is just an insanely better version of that.
Well, I played Oblivion before I played Fallout 3 and I got immersed in that. All my mates always descibed F3 as Oblivion with guns, so with a little patience, I'm sure i'll get to grips with it.

One thing I do remember about was firing at a sheep with a crossbow and it walking around with about 10 arrows in it's back. Fun times.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo
Well, I played Oblivion before I played Fallout 3 and I got immersed in that. All my mates always descibed F3 as Oblivion with guns, so with a little patience, I'm sure i'll get to grips with it.

One thing I do remember about was firing at a sheep with a crossbow and it walking around with about 10 arrows in it's back. Fun times.
Well in that case, it's blinking marvellous, ignore what I said and fudging get it!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_flake
Just gone out and grabbed it.....about to begin. Joy.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Pure Codology

Racial Tension Skyrim Style

A little vignette from last night...

I'm a black and white cat (Khajit) called Natty, tootling between the village of Riverwood and one of the cities, minding my own beeswax, as you do. Enjoying the view on a lovely sunny day in Skyrim.

As I come to a bend in the road, I happen upon a Nordic woman who's walking in the same direction.

"Hello" I think, "I'll go and have a chinwag, see what's cooking." I catch up with her and tap her on the shoulder to say "how do," she turns and say "Why don't you go back to your own country, you milk licker!"

At this point I have three options, essentially do a runner, front up to her (intimidate) or try and make peace (persuade) with her.

Foolishly I opt with the latter, some kind of half-cocked, 'steady the buffs, love, I was only saying "hello."' Before I've finished my sentence she takes the giant longsword from off of her back and cracks me full on over the noggin, killing me instantly.

I regen further up the path from whence I came. "Right," I resolve, "I am going to kill that Nordic bitch and take all of her shit; how dare she!"

I peg it down to the bend in the road, whip out my longbow and slowly sneak around the corner.

There are like five geezers there standing about and shouting at each other, they seem worse the wear for drink and there's no sign of the Nord. "Hmmm, who are these fellas. I can't treat all these honkies the same, they won't all be like her..." I decide to continue on my way past them down the road.

As I pass by one of them comes running towards me. "Hey!" he shouts.

Quick as a flash I turn, whip out the longbow, and pop an arrow straight into the middle of his forehead, straight up killing him.

There's a distinct pause before one of them runs screaming into the woods, the other three just stand there open mouthed, one of them drops his drink.

I edge towards the corpse on the road, keeping my eye on the three bystanders.

As I stand over him I realise that he's a "reveller." Whoops. I relieve him of some of his worldly possessions, he won't need those where he's going. I mumble a few apologies to the others, before making my excuses and continuing on my way.

As I continue tootling to the city I mull over what just happened, "I'm one jumpy cat, who wouldn't be, he shouldn't have startled me like that. Poor drunk fella, oh well etc. etc."

As I pass the farms and arrive on the outskirts of the city, I resolve to put the past behind me. They like me here, I've had a nice chat with the guards before, I've already been introduced to their leader, we're all safe now. A fresh start. Lovely. Upwards and onwards.

"Hey you!" shouts one of the guards, running towards me. He's not to know I'm jumpy. "Hey!" I cheerily shout back, "gosh they're friendly here" I think. Then I realise that there's six or seven of them running towards me. Hmmmm... Then they stop, pull out there bows and unleash a hail of arrows, I try to run, but the fourth one that hits me kills me outright. And eventually I'm regened back to that spot on the road, back before all of these misunderstandings took place. I've really never had so much fun dying.

Of course I realise my mistake now; I should have killed all of the witnesses.

I'm just one cat. A moral cat in an immoral society. I can't get it right all the time.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't put the game down..Goodbye life..
Old 11-11-2011, 12:48 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Great review cheers!

Still weighing up buying this game.

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion for a bit and my problem was that I do like to play a dark/immoral type of character (thief/robber - don't judge me)... But i found too soon the game play would breakdown and i could'nt enter towns without being killed. My re-spawn point would be too far down the line also, so the only way back in would be to start over! Am i playing it wrong?

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear
Great review cheers!

Still weighing up buying this game.

I've played Morrowind and Oblivion for a bit and my problem was that I do like to play a dark/immoral type of character (thief/robber - don't judge me)... But i found too soon the game play would breakdown and i could'nt enter towns without being killed. My re-spawn point would be too far down the line also, so the only way back in would be to start over! Am i playing it wrong?
Yeah, my Derek the Argonian was a thief in Oblivion, I don't know which to go with this sedate cat.

Basically, with the situation you describe above, as a regular character, you either pay the fine or go to prison. As you're a thief anyway, I would advise joning the Thieves' Guild, then you can pay reduced fines to your handlers and they will pull strings and clear your bounty.

With regards to regening too far back, go old school with a 'k;' save your game often, whenever you're in a postion you'd be happy to return to, save it. You'll go back there.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle

This excites me massively I think Oblivion was up there in my top 3 games ever so Skyrim should pretty much end my relationship with the real world. My gf is gonna be chuffed!

Paulo if you liked F3 then you should really like Obv and this. But i prefer the premise of this old style to post-nuclear war and the use of magic and shit innit
Old 11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i am torn, i usually can't get on with games like this due to the sheer amount of time it takes to play them properly (my gaming is usually confined to a couple of hours of xbox live BF3 etc) but the reviews, the videos and everything about this game is making me want to try it. I might just wait for a few months and try and get it pre-owned.