Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-11-2011, 01:47 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentEagle
Anyone got any tips with archery?

I'm utterly incapable of hitting anything that doesn't stay completely still.

I'm also rubbish at spotting anyone before they spot me (even though I'm seventy billion miles away and sneaking), which invariably means they're not completely still and I've no chance with a bow and arrow.

This is 360 by the way - I expect it would be easier with a mouse on a PC.
Archery against moving opponents is down to anticipation and is hard with the 360 controller.

When you say you can't see people is that because the game is too dark? If so turn up your brightness of your TV.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:03 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Argh I'm so stuck between whether to get this or Assassin's Credd Revelations now!
Old 16-11-2011, 02:09 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant
Archery against moving opponents is down to anticipation and is hard with the 360 controller.

When you say you can't see people is that because the game is too dark? If so turn up your brightness of your TV.
I think the issue is that the 360 controller can't keep up with the movement of, say, a dragon which zig zags across the sky in order to anticipate.

Seeing people seems to mainly be an issue with mages and then only out in the open. I can sneak up on folk in dungeons perfectly well, but out in the open I never get into a position whereby I can "snipe" with a bow, as they'll spot me and start running before I can get into range. Maybe I just need to up my sneak ability.

Strava profile
Old 16-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
There are also archery perks, one slows down stuff by 25% or summat when you aim...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 16-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
how much better than oblivion is it?
How much better than the best game on the 360 up until Skyrim does it have to be?
Old 16-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here

Exactly.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 17-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
0.24% it would seem
Old 17-11-2011, 12:20 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Argh I'm so stuck between whether to get this or Assassin's Credd Revelations now!
I've got both on the way and I still havent finished Dark Souls.

If I were you I'd get ACR first, finish it in say 20 hours (guess) and then play 1000 hours of Skyrim. Sorted.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
0.24% it would seem
Hard to improve on perfection...
Old 17-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
So my wood elf now has 80 archery. (perk to slow time by 50% when you aim down the sights makes it very easy to hit anything) although I didn't have a problem anyhow just seemed to be a natural archer. I upgraded my bow to a legendary daedric bow I smithed myself. My arrows are deadly. Took a giant out with 4 elven arrows today. Currently level 29 and have cleansed skyrim of 14 dragons. Got my 2nd dragon priest mask, and learned frost breath shout. Can't wait to play again this game is so good
Old 17-11-2011, 01:19 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not a bad first few days

ZENIMAX MEDIA ANNOUNCES

SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH OF THE ELDER SCROLLS® V: SKYRIM™

With More Than 50 Perfect Review Scores,

Seven Million Copies Hit Retail Shelves Worldwide

November 16, 2011 (Rockville, MD) –ZeniMax® Media Inc. today announced that Bethesda Softworks’® award-winning title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, has enjoyed an enthusiastic reception by gamers across the globe. After shipping seven million units of Skyrim for the Xbox 360® video game entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC, Skyrim’s launch units are expected to generate more than $450 million in global retail sales.
With tens of thousands of fans lining up at retail outlets at midnight on 11/11/11 to purchase the game, Skyrim continued to record strong sales following its release. More than 50% of launch units were sold in the first 48 hours and Bethesda Softworks has been receiving large reorders from major retailers in North America, and across Europe and Australia. Online activity has been notable, with Steam reporting that in the first 24 hours of its release, Skyrim set a record with over 280,000 concurrent players, far outdistancing all other titles.
“We are grateful for the fans’ response to Skyrim,” said Robert Altman, Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media. “Todd Howard and his team at Bethesda Game Studios have crafted a very special game. Anticipation for Skyrim has surpassed any game in our company’s history, and we are pleased that sales and reviews have reflected the quality and hours of amazing gameplay it provides.”
The eagerly-awaited title has garnered more than 50 perfect review scores, earning praise from some of the industry’s most influential and respected critics including: USA Today, G4TV, GameSpy, Wired, Eurogamer, Destructoid, GamePro, Official Xbox Magazine, Joystiq, The Guardian, and GamesRadar. G4TV describes Skyrim as “one of the greatest games ever made” and Eurogamer was one of many outlets to call it a “masterpiece.”
“Without a doubt, this has been our most ambitious project ever,” said Todd Howard, Game Director on Skyrim. “After over three years of development, we’re finally excited to get it into everyone’s hands.”
Old 17-11-2011, 01:24 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Why do fans queue up overnight for the launch date of these games, and pay top wack. Have they nothing else to play (or do)?

I can understand teenage girls queueing for a ticket to Justin Bieber. But this.

Finish other games, and come back in a month or so when the game is cheaper. Unless you are 14, of course.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Oh I almost forgot - Lydia the housecarl met her end when the captain and crew of broken oar grove alongside the argonian bastard prooved too much. 8 vs 2 was a little too much for us both but she served her purpose gallantly. I then hired a dog who lasted a few missions before a dragon picked it up and dropped him from 60 ft. Now that I'm alone again I took the opportunity to join the thieves guild.
Old 17-11-2011, 09:02 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I took Lydia on all my thieves guild missions, helpful most of the time but became quite annoying telling me I shouldn't be in other peoples houses.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsta
So my wood elf now has 80 archery. (perk to slow time by 50% when you aim down the sights makes it very easy to hit anything) although I didn't have a problem anyhow just seemed to be a natural archer. I upgraded my bow to a legendary daedric bow I smithed myself. My arrows are deadly. Took a giant out with 4 elven arrows today. Currently level 29 and have cleansed skyrim of 14 dragons. Got my 2nd dragon priest mask, and learned frost breath shout. Can't wait to play again this game is so good
Level 29 and have smithing at 100 and archery at 80? HOW?!!

I'm level 22 and the highest thing I have is heavy armour at 72 as I found a set with plus 20 on the skill. So my highest is really 52!

As an aside, how did you get smithing up to 100 so quick? I have made hide armour and jewellery and shit, but im still only level 20.
Old 17-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Charlton(R)

Ok. First get together a couple of grand through saving. Bounce between whiterun and riverwood to start and start by buying all iron ore, iron ingots and leather. Also kill any deer/wolf/bears u see and keep their hides. When u get about 30 - 40 iron ingots which is not hard (the smiths carry between 10 - 20 each time) use the tanning rack to make leather out of your creature hides and make leather strips out of leather. Get on the forge and make 30 - 40 iron daggers. This will get u 12 - 15 levels of smithing easy. Before selling them back, try to enchant them to get that up too and sell for 200 each instead of 10. Upgrade them on the workbench too. As you get better, start smithing proper items for yourself to use, and keep this business going, eventually you'll find merchants don't have enough gold to keep up. They get new stock and gold every 48 hours. Hope this helps!
Old 17-11-2011, 12:54 PM

I have been doing the iron daggers and am level 56 or so and have around 100 daggers lying on the floor of my house.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ok. First get together a couple of grand through saving. Bounce between whiterun and riverwood to start and start by buying all iron ore, iron ingots and leather. Also kill any deer/wolf/bears u see and keep their hides. When u get about 30 - 40 iron ingots which is not hard (the smiths carry between 10 - 20 each time) use the tanning rack to make leather out of your creature hides and make leather strips out of leather. Get on the forge and make 30 - 40 iron daggers. This will get u 12 - 15 levels of smithing easy. Before selling them back, try to enchant them to get that up too and sell for 200 each instead of 10. Upgrade them on the workbench too. As you get better, start smithing proper items for yourself to use, and keep this business going, eventually you'll find merchants don't have enough gold to keep up. They get new stock and gold every 48 hours. Hope this helps!
Exactly what I did! Full set of Dragon-scale with shield at 31, with two Daedric swords and a bow. All upgraded to legendary. Finished the stuff with the companions, at Winterhold, with the Thieves guild and the main story.

A really great game. Only gripe is that the Daedric stuff looks far better than the Dragon stuff, which is a shame as I like to sneak.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Must spread rep, but cheers
Old 17-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Amazing, I'm level 12 and have killed four dragons so far, really loving it but it's killing me playing to 0100 every night