Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I'm with 02, but thinking of changing. What's the best sim only deal for an iPhone? Over the last few months my usage has been (averaged over the last three) 200 minutes talking a month, 274 texts, 479GB a month data.

02 are offering me 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500Gb of data, plus one of free landline, 02 or weekend calls for £16.50 a month. Vodafone are a pound cheaper at £15.50 for 300 mins (the same) 3000 texts (less, but so far ahead of what I use what's the difference) and 500GB of data. No extras, but then I'm not going over my limit anyway so not sure what difference it makes?

What's the area coverage of the two like these days?

All of the above is assuming is works out best for me if I just buy the phone outright.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I'm with 02, but thinking of changing. What's the best sim only deal for an iPhone? Over the last few months my usage has been (averaged over the last three) 200 minutes talking a month, 274 texts, 479GB a month data.

02 are offering me 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500Gb of data, plus one of free landline, 02 or weekend calls for £16.50 a month. Vodafone are a pound cheaper at £15.50 for 300 mins (the same) 3000 texts (less, but so far ahead of what I use what's the difference) and 500GB of data. No extras, but then I'm not going over my limit anyway so not sure what difference it makes?

All of the above is assuming is works out best for me if I just buy the phone outright.
Personally have always found the O2 network appalling. Switched to three at the start of this year on their ONE plan, Unlimited Data, 2000 mins, 5000 texts for 25 a month. Coverage is fantastic, data speeds are great and no worries. Just gone with Three again for the 4S
Old 08-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
Just in time for my iPhone 3G S contract to run out.

Perfect.
Same here, my contract runs out in November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 08-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Personally have always found the O2 network appalling. Switched to three at the start of this year on their ONE plan, Unlimited Data, 2000 mins, 5000 texts for 25 a month. Coverage is fantastic, data speeds are great and no worries. Just gone with Three again for the 4S
I thought 3 were shit outside London? And if there is no 3G reception there is just no reception?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully
Indeed - the One Plan on Three is, in my view, unbeatable - and Network coverage throughout the UK is superb.

Quote:
I thought 3 were shit outside London? And if there is no 3G reception there is just no reception?
This may have been true a few years ago, but not any longer. First of all, I have yet to find any area (even some fairly remote parts) where the Three signal is unavailable. Usually it is the only Network available. I watched the Cricket non-stop from London to Edinburgh by rail in August and a couple of weeks ago, I drove to Aberystwyth and my sister was watching TV Catchup for most of the way on my Three Network iPad without interruption. Also, contrary to some rumours, when 3g is unavailable (and this is rare) it defaults to a non-3g signal.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
3 down here in Christchurch was non existent when i first moved here whereas O2 coverage is excellent. On the strength of the recommendations on here I'm going to take another look at 3.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
3 down here in Christchurch was non existent when i first moved here whereas O2 coverage is excellent. On the strength of the recommendations on here I'm going to take another look at 3.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Dis-Member

Fekking iPhone!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have all those questions !! currently £35pm gets 600mins, 1000 texts and unlimited downloads. With O2.

Whats my next move man
Old 08-10-2011, 05:12 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
As James says3 is great throughout the UK now. I know of two flat spots in Oxfordshire and they are really remote. I'm also the only person in my team at work who gets signal on my personal mobile, with Vodafone coming in a close second in terms of signal strength.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
The other thing to note about the One Plan on Three - which offers 'all you can eat data' is that (so far as I am aware) it's the only plan in the UK which allows unlimited and free tethering. You may connect your iPhone on the One Plan to a laptop, and use it as a modem without any data limit and no additional cost.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe Itís Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
To upgrade I have to come off my O2 data plan. I currently get 600 texts, 600 mins and unlimited data for 23.50 a month. The unlimited data is too crucial to lose!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you really want to check (all mobile networks provide this data now)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-10-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy
To upgrade I have to come off my O2 data plan. I currently get 600 texts, 600 mins and unlimited data for 23.50 a month. The unlimited data is too crucial to lose!
If you can break without penalty, I would come off that right away.

300 minutes; 3,000 texts; unlimited data (all-you-can-eat data - tethering not allowed)- £15 per month.

24 months
2,000 minutes; 5,000 texts; 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes plus all-you-can-eat data (tethering allowed) - £25 per month.

24 months
£99 upfront cost
2,000 minutes; 5,000 texts; 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes plus all-you-can-eat data (tethering allowed) - £35 per month.

I am not sure that any other Operator comes close to that.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Indeed - the One Plan on Three is, in my view, unbeatable - and Network coverage throughout the UK is superb.

This may have been true a few years ago, but not any longer. First of all, I have yet to find any area (even some fairly remote parts) where the Three signal is unavailable. Usually it is the only Network available. I watched the Cricket non-stop from London to Edinburgh by rail in August and a couple of weeks ago, I drove to Aberystwyth and my sister was watching TV Catchup for most of the way on my Three Network iPad without interruption. Also, contrary to some rumours, when 3g is unavailable (and this is rare) it defaults to a non-3g signal.
Couldn't agree more, I live in Kent (near Maidstone) and commute to Essex every day. I listen to Spotify in the car streaming music all the way and it cuts only for for the tunnel (which I expect) other than that it can't be faulted. I was on Three when they first came out, excellent phone experience at the time spoiled by Customer Service never answering the phone and the signal dropping multiple times on my journey. Went O2 with the iPhone 3 and then 3GS and just had had enough by the time my contract ran out.

Started with a Mifi device on three, then got the ONE plan and then an iPad 2 all on three. Have now added the 4GS. I get 20% discount on Vodafone but its not a patch on the download speeds on three in my experience at the moment. Definitely the most improved network in the UK but obviously as with all carriers check availability first in the areas you need it.

My advice, cancel your current contract as soon as you can and get a SIM only plan from free, its a 1 month rolling contract for 25 a month so no risk. Try it, if theres coverage in your area you won't go back.

Customer Service has improved immensely too, I have never yet had to hold for more than 1 minute max before being answered which for a mobile company is bloody impressive and we have them all in the family, Three, Voda, T-Mobile and Orange (I've ditched O2 thankfully).
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
Fekking iPhone!
Really, Feckless User I reckon
Old 08-10-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
The other thing to note about the One Plan on Three - which offers 'all you can eat data' is that (so far as I am aware) it's the only plan in the UK which allows unlimited and free tethering. You may connect your iPhone on the One Plan to a laptop, and use it as a modem without any data limit and no additional cost.
This is a killer point too which I forgot James, tether via Bluetooth from the 3GS for both my Macbook Air and my work Dell and its a dream. Get HDPSA at work too so 7Mbps, with the 3GS they are doubling this to 14Mbps OTA which is absolutely outstanding if it works as advertised.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:

24 months
£99 upfront cost
2,000 minutes; 5,000 texts; 5,000 Three-to-Three minutes plus all-you-can-eat data (tethering allowed) - £35 per month.
Close to £1000 to shell out over 2 years for a phone? I really don't "get it"

People really pay this much?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905
Close to £1000 to shell out over 2 years for a phone? I really don't "get it"

People really pay this much?
Its really not though is it, its for the phone and the calls and the data, take those costs off and the phone comes down to c. 400 notes. Now whether thats too much or not is down to personal choice.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 PM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
James and Ridcully doing a very good job selling the 3 network to me, I'm currently with O2 and pretty fed up with them.

I'd like to get the 4s and like the look of The One Plan. Question - I have an iPad 1 Wi-fi only, would I be able to tether from the iPhone to the iPad? Googled it and answers are inconclusive.