Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 28-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Health related Smart Watches

Hi all

After a friend had a major health scare all of us as a group have decided to get fit and healthy. To cut a long story short he had a heart attack but the consultant at the hospital basically asked him after what does he do to get his heart rate above 100 regularly. He relayed this to us in the pub... He said never and it got us thinking about our lifestyles... All of us are in our forties and while younger we all played sport. None of us do now. So we've taken up cycling. A few also running.

I've been looking at getting a smart watch with all the regular fitness related stuff. Garmin looks like it does a good range. Samsung also do one.

What do people use on here? Anyone recommend one?
Old 28-07-2019, 05:02 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've got a Garmin Forerunner 235. I love it. Great for tracking runs and bike rides. I also like the constant monitoring that can show how you're improving your resting heart rate or tracking how much sleep you're getting - things like that. I even have smart water bottle that tracks how much I'm drinking and shows it on the watch. Great for busy days where I forget to hydrate. It's definitely an aid to improving fitness/health.
Old 28-07-2019, 05:02 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post
Hi all

After a friend had a major health scare all of us as a group have decided to get fit and healthy. To cut a long story short he had a heart attack but the consultant at the hospital basically asked him after what does he do to get his heart rate above 100 regularly. He relayed this to us in the pub... He said never and it got us thinking about our lifestyles... All of us are in our forties and while younger we all played sport. None of us do now. So we've taken up cycling. A few also running.

I've been looking at getting a smart watch with all the regular fitness related stuff. Garmin looks like it does a good range. Samsung also do one.

What do people use on here? Anyone recommend one?
Just dont go with fitbit. I got the top of the range one when training for the half marathon. Constant issues with them breaking and the strap is beyond shit. They replaced my surge (the one with gps) like 5 times then i run out of warrenty so they wouldnt give me another one when it predictably broke. They dont admit to selling a faulty product either...
Old 28-07-2019, 05:14 PM
Marmite Lover

macs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemacs-tash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
I've got a Garmin Forerunner 235. I love it. Great for tracking runs and bike rides. I also like the constant monitoring that can show how you're improving your resting heart rate or tracking how much sleep you're getting - things like that. I even have smart water bottle that tracks how much I'm drinking and shows it on the watch. Great for busy days where I forget to hydrate. It's definitely an aid to improving fitness/health.
Never even knew smart water bottles existed! Great idea as often get in from work realising I've only had 1 or 2 tea all day.
Old 28-07-2019, 06:44 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macs-tash View Post
Never even knew smart water bottles existed! Great idea as often get in from work realising I've only had 1 or 2 tea all day.
This is the one I have. Kinda pricey - but a drink a lot more water now.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-08-2019, 07:49 PM

topper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetopper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To monitor personal fitness Garmin watches are the way to go.
If you're cycling you'll want a Garmin edge 520/30, the watches watches will work on the bike to a degree, but you won't be able to monitor your progress on the bike. Plus you'll want extra sensors for the bike which won't be compatible with the watch.
I cycle and measure my steps.
I have a Garmin 520 edge and a vivosmart 4. Apart from the besel on the Vivo falling off both work really well.
My resting hr last night was recorded at 41 and I regularly get my hr to my maximum of 182. I'm 46 and probably the fittest I've ever been.
Do it. It's addictive. Most of all enjoy yourself. Life is short and precious.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:54 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Just dont go with fitbit. I got the top of the range one when training for the half marathon. Constant issues with them breaking and the strap is beyond shit. They replaced my surge (the one with gps) like 5 times then i run out of warrenty so they wouldnt give me another one when it predictably broke. They dont admit to selling a faulty product either...

I second this had a surge same issues with strap and they replaced until it was out of Warranty- I now have a garmin 235 does everything I want and recommended
Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHappy Arthur came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like the look of the fossil watches but don't know if they are any good tho.

Last edited by Happy Arthur; 01-08-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
I've got one of these too. How accurate do you find it? I'm not sure it reads my heart very accurately... either that or I push myself too hard. I can easily hit 185 bpm and can go beyond 210-220 if I am really trying. I'm 39 and everyone is shocked when they see my watch readings.