Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:46 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Millwall- Hooligans to blame for todays debacle?

Much like the rest of you, I simply could not believe my ears this afternoon, when I heard the Millwall result. Coming back from Preston I was listening to a football phone-in, can't remember if it was TalkSport or 606, and one of the explanations offered by a Millwall fan was that the lions were not at all match fit. The caller explained that Millwall had not had a proper pre-season because all their friendlies were against lower rate opposition. The host protested that the blame for that was the club's, for failing to organise games against decent opposition. The caller then explained that nobody wanted to play them, due to the hooligan problem which resurfaced last season in the play-offs.

Later, a studio guest commented that Millwall's new ticketing policy, aimed at reducing the hooligan element, led to a low attendance which had an adverse effect on the team's performance.

Although these aren't the only reasons for the mauling (full marks to Rotherham and to Darren Byfield in particular) do you think that they contributed to Millwall's downfall?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:57 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
what goes around. comes around. good riddance to the turds !

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 11-08-2002, 06:57 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As it turns out, (it appears that) some players were revolting due to a contractual dispute.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 11-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The "fans" are revolting too
Old 11-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Sex and Drugs

ROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyes
All 7000 who turned up.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is excellent, they are destroying their own club from within and I'm loving it!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Sergeant Magi

Phil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Quote:
Originally posted by zonin2000
As it turns out, (it appears that) some players were revolting due to a contractual dispute.
From Ananova yesterday

McGhee issues threat to players

Furious Millwall manager Mark McGhee has told his players to accept their summer pay-freeze or quit the club.

The collapse of ITV Digital has left chairman Theo Paphitis with a shortfall of around £1.5million this season forcing him to slap a salary freeze on his players.

And McGhee was steaming after his side's shocking defending allowed Rotherham to win 6-0.

He said: "We all hoped the club would be able to improve our terms. But reality has changed and that hasn't been possible, so we're asking everyone to give the same again without a reward.

"I've been able to accept it, but I question whether some players have come to terms with it.

"If the players say they haven't come to terms with it and can't give their best, we've got to go out and get some fresh blood.

"We'll be ruthless as we can't wait 15 games to see if will they will sort their heads out.

"We have a game on Tuesday and I'd like to do it before then. That probably won't be possible - but I've got that sort of urgency.

"I want to see the commitment and endeavour we've seen here over the last two years. And if they can't show that, we'll bite the bullet. Some players will go and we'll bring in new faces.

"Why was Tony Warner's concentration poor, when last season it was outstanding? And he's only one of them, although you couldn't question the strikers."

Story filed: 19:28 Saturday 10th August 2002
Old 11-08-2002, 07:56 PM
The fat old footballer

palace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace ray : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Karma

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
what goes around. comes around. good riddance to the turds !

I totally agree
Old 11-08-2002, 08:00 PM

Stubby is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by dannyturner
This is excellent, they are destroying their own club from within and I'm loving it!!!
I think this is fabulassssss !!! Add the squatter to this too, I cannot wait to get to work on Monday to give some abuse !!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Opinionsarelikearseholes

hairy beasts is finding a place in our hearthairy beasts is finding a place in our hearthairy beasts is finding a place in our hearthairy beasts is finding a place in our hearthairy beasts is finding a place in our heart
If you check out the Millwall BBS you will see their fans blaming the defeat on the manager (threads calling for his sacking), the players being unfit and there was even a suggestion that some had thrown the game. What a bloody joke one bad game and the knives are out, if the red and blue army had the same attitude Palace would have disappeared years ago.PALACE (fans)THE PRIDE OF LONDON
Old 11-08-2002, 08:01 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A crowd of a paltry 7,000 odd. A 6-0 hammering at home to a team seen as prime candidates for relegation.

Players who have the hump because they can't get a wage increase and an implication that there is a total lack of effort as a result.

Pinch me, I'm dreaming.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
C'mon then, let's have the address for the Millwall BBS, c'mon, let's have some, let's have some. I've had enough of taking the stick from the Millwall fans I know, it cost me £ 55.00 last season in bets.

LET'S HAVE SOME

I have drunk three glases of Hardy's Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, very nice too.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:13 PM

hellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshellsbells was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally posted by dannyturner

I have drunk three glases of Hardy's Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, very nice too.
Yes it is
Old 11-08-2002, 10:25 PM

Who Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWho Cares? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
According to reports Byfield was the subject of racila abuse from the outset. And that is from the Millwall supporters who had met the entry criteria!

What a superb way to have it rammed back down their throats.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:34 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The club's new 'smart card' system where fans have to produce a passport or birth certificate plus a utility bill just to get a ticket meant supporters stayed away in droves. But some of those who did turn up made despicable monkey noises and it was entirely just that Byfield had the final word.

© NEWS OF THE WORLD, Sunday 11 August 2002
Old 11-08-2002, 10:41 PM

congress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecongress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hope it doesnt happen but I can see Millwall further down the line ignoring this membership scheme if it continues to affect their crowds and start selling to anyone again on the sly.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:49 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurst
The club's new 'smart card' system where fans have to produce a passport or birth certificate
Probably difficult for most of their fans to produce either!
Old 12-08-2002, 12:42 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Just got back from my local in New Cross (run by the ever delightful nutter and Palace fan, Brodie). He said that for all home games he has a significant Millwall crowd turn up afterwards. Yesterday there was no-one except for a few who came in before the end of the game complaining what rubbish it was and they were three down. Brodie gleefully informed them it was now six. Even Millwall Paul (possibly the nicest football fan I have ever met - if they were all like him they'd be welcome everywhere) - who has *never* failed to go to the pub post-game - has not been seen in there this weekend.

Even better when I discovered four grumpy sods in the corner were builders down south for a fortnight on a job and they were upset because their team had been beaten 2-1 at home due to an 86th minute strike by a substitute forward...
Old 12-08-2002, 12:53 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Men At Work
Even Millwall Paul (possibly the nicest football fan I have ever met - if they were all like him they'd be welcome everywhere) - who has *never* failed to go to the pub post-game - has not been seen in there this weekend.
Knowing Paul as I do, I can confirm he won't be 'hiding' anywhere. Once the poor bloke had to start a new job with me as his boss, the Monday after we tonked 'em 4-1 at the Den. He wasn't the slightest bit worried about it and took the inevitable p-taking with the good grace of a gentleman that he is.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:06 AM

Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work Men At Work
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Knowing Paul as I do, I can confirm he won't be 'hiding' anywhere.
Probably not. But if he is then he has been 'hiding' nowhere near 'The Hobgoblin' this weekend Now I'll have to look at the Rotherham site because Brodie wants to know if they'll be selling a match video.