Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:14 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Burnley player trod on his thigh in the closing stages.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:16 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
Dirty *****.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
A few people mentioning an injury for him today. Does anyone know any details?
It looked like he pulled a thigh muscle late on.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:34 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
It looked like he pulled a thigh muscle late on.
He went on a mad sprint shortly afterwards, so I don't think it is an injury
Old 02-03-2019, 11:13 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim View Post
This looked half deliberate st the time but not much made of it. The stamping motion wasnt good
Old 04-03-2019, 03:45 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mirror says Southgate is considering Andros for an England recall. He's worked hard and deserved it.
Shows what a ridiculous decision letting Wilf go was though.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:48 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
Mirror says Southgate is considering Andros for an England recall. He's worked hard and deserved it.
If true AT will have been gutted to have been sub on Saturday.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:48 AM

16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray16eagles is like ice, their footing does betray
Southgate watches sees everything. The only way he's getting in that squad if he has 2 3 maybe wonder game cup quarters semis will help. Would love to have him for palace on Wembley pitch. Always performs there. Maybe he's the difference.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:14 AM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andros has had a great season but is suffering from the sheer strength of the squad now, with schlupp linking midfield and attack and weighing in with goals, Kouyate providing that strength and drive through the middle and Luka being Luka. Jimmy also playing well and Max having his moments. These players know they need to play well week in week out or they’re out of the side. Good times
Old 04-03-2019, 01:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever, tried and tested for England. Although I don’t think he has any serious future or use at tournaments to come, with the abundance of talent coming through.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:53 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
... and Schlupp
Old 04-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever, tried and tested for England. Although I don’t think he has any serious future or use at tournaments to come, with the abundance of talent coming through.
Seems you have changed your stance abit now it has become news since I was saying he should get a callup a month or two back. I will say the same thing, he is 27 not 33. He is a player in the peak of his career, you cant just play the U21s you need a blend of experience, not only that, as you get older your worldview changes, even for football players. You need senior players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Take off the red and blue tinted specs. Andros is not as good as Sterling or Sancho, who should be England’s starting wingers. Put him on the bench/ in the reserves and it deprives a young, promising winger who could become starting quality of experience, like Hudson Odoi, Reiss Nelson or to a lesser extent, Demarai Gray. It wouldn’t shock me in a world where Lewis Dunk is given call ups, and I’d be happy for Andros, but it’d be utterly pointless.
To be fair his form has dropped the last few weeks. I dont think he will get a callup, more likely looking at Wan-Bissaka.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:33 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Seems you have changed your stance abit now it has become news since I was saying he should get a callup a month or two back. I will say the same thing, he is 27 not 33. He is a player in the peak of his career, you cant just play the U21s you need a blend of experience, not only that, as you get older your worldview changes, even for football players. You need senior players.

To be fair his form has dropped the last few weeks. I dont think he will get a callup, more likely looking at Wan-Bissaka.
I haven’t changed my stance whatsoever. My stance was always that he doesn’t really add anything to England, not that I couldn’t see a call up happening. I don’t buy into the experience argument, there’s plenty of experience without Andros in the squad, with players who are starting quality and can contribute at tournaments to come. Kane, Sterling, Henderson, Trippier, Walker, Rose, Dier, Vardy, Alli etc. Even the likes of Maguire and Lingard who have only really established themselves in the past two years have more on the pitch experience for England than Andros now, and have played in an actual tournament. End of the day though, he’s Palace, and has worked very hard and played pretty well this season, so I’d be happy for him. I’d also love nothing more than for him to make the squad, and make some kind of big impact for England, completely proving me wrong.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 04-03-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:47 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The prospect of Townsend and AWB in the England squad is appealing – have we ever had 2 players in there at the same time? Certainly not that I am aware of.

But there is just too much quality in the wide positions for him to be realistically considered, surely?!
Old 05-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
The prospect of Townsend and AWB in the England squad is appealing – have we ever had 2 players in there at the same time? Certainly not that I am aware of.

But there is just too much quality in the wide positions for him to be realistically considered, surely?!
Two players who were around the same time were Southgate and Salako, but I dont think Southgate got a call up till he left? I started supporting in 1995, when all you had was sticker albums. Teletext wasnt even on my rader haha.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:54 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't we have Thomas, Gray and Wright all in the squad together once?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:55 PM
I hate the Premier league

Laurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLaurie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Geoff Thomas and Andy Gray were called up for England at the same time, both played (was it against Turkey?)
Old 05-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We actually had 4 players in the same Squad: Thomas, Salako, Wright and Gray. It was in the game in which Thomas missed the sitter.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:06 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
Didn't we have Thomas, Gray and Wright all in the squad together once?
Thomas, Wright & Salad all went on that Malaysia/Singapore/New Zealand (I think I'm just making countries up now) tour, early 90s?

I want to say that Big Nig & Gray were also in that squad but I could be making that up.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:07 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
I went to watch England play in Poland in 1991 and I think we had Martyn , Thomas , Gray and Wright and maybe Salako all in the squad and maybe all playing .