Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Andros has one real weakness

The cut backs. He has a great cross but doesnít use it often enough, 99 times out of 100 he cuts back. Mix it up and cross more and heís awesome

Great signing though and seems a good guy. Be gutted the day he leaves but hopefully thatís not for a few years yet
Old 03-07-2019, 02:25 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Surely he cuts back because he is left footed so can cross?!?
Old 03-07-2019, 02:34 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Surely he cuts back because he is left footed so can cross?!?
He can cross with his right foot well. He sometimes cuts back onto his right foot when he finds himself out on the left!

Not a major criticism, he can cross with both feet. Wish heíd do it more.

He does it more when wilf is in the box than wickham or benteke for some reason. He seems to mark Benteke going off being substituted with a lovely hanging ball to no one!
Old 03-07-2019, 03:04 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
Some Palace (not sure if all clubs have these) fans seem to rate how much a player runs around regardless of the output as one of the most important attributes a player can have.
It’s not just Palace fans, it’s lots of English football fans in general. Just our traditional footballing culture seeping through? ‘Kick it long son, get in their faces’ etc etc which values hard work over tactical intelligence.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I think Townends output is fine though. Not good, but fine for a mid table winger. And if we were a more pressing oriented side, his work rate would be more valuable.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by minch1 View Post
I would like to see him learn to head the ball. Maybe he needs to spend a bit of time with the two girls who scored for the USA yesterday. But it has to be said energy wise he gives his all.
Those two girls were jolly nice, I thought, even as I cursed their ability with the head.

Are you saying he lacks tactical intelligence, RJW? I don't agree with that at all.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Are you saying he lacks tactical intelligence, RJW? I don't agree with that at all.
No, I was talking about old fashioned English football culture in general. Which I believe to be a major contributor to the underachievement of our national team up until recently. Whilst the Spanish had their pretty little passing triangles, the Italians their sophisticated defensive structures etc etc, we were still ‘4-4-2, hit it long son, get in their faces.’

Andros himself is fine, and I think he’d be very useful in a high pressing team.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Andros has one real weakness

The cut backs. He has a great cross but doesnít use it often enough, 99 times out of 100 he cuts back. Mix it up and cross more and heís awesome

Great signing though and seems a good guy. Be gutted the day he leaves but hopefully thatís not for a few years yet
Having him and Zaha on the flanks mean the ball never hits the box in the air. If itís does, the opposing defence is completely set.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Had a strong urge to watch his Man City goal a few times before I started the day and stumbled across this. It's easy to forget how many corkers he's scored. Got the feeling he'll get a few more next season as he seems to be growing in confidence.

Old 19-08-2019, 02:25 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Been nominated for the pukas award
Old 19-08-2019, 02:30 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Sick.
Old 19-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t win it tbh, despite clearly deserving to. Like how Salah won it last year for not even the best goal he scored that season, let alone the best out of any player.
Old 19-08-2019, 02:38 PM

The best nominated goal after Townsend’s imo:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

(Apparently FIFA doesn’t like you embedding videos on the BBS).
Old 19-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Thatís cool, pleased for him.
Old 19-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
It's a public vote from the look of it so he hasn't got a chance.
Old 19-08-2019, 05:17 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
The best nominated goal after Townsendís imo:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

(Apparently FIFA doesnít like you embedding videos on the BBS).
So, so. The keeper is sooooo slow to react.
Old 19-08-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
It's a public vote from the look of it so he hasn't got a chance.
You never know. Salah absolutely trounced Ronaldo last year, despite being not as popular a player, playing for not as popular a team, and being a far inferior goal. Maybe there’s premier league bias or something. Think that’s Andros’ best hope of beating Messi, who obviously takes it in a popularity contest.
Old 19-08-2019, 05:52 PM

AndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndyB : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
According to the fifa website the public vote decides the top 3 and then it goes to a group of 'fifa legends,' to determine final winner. As long as Shearer and Lineker are not voting he has a chance!
Old 19-08-2019, 06:01 PM
glad all over

Son of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSon of Coveta came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
According to the fifa website the public vote decides the top 3 and then it goes to a group of 'fifa legends,' to determine final winner. As long as Shearer and Lineker are not voting he has a chance!
Old 19-08-2019, 10:21 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Surprised that this thread hasn’t got more prominence - get voting everyone !

(Although, as already pointed out Overpaid Lineker would no doubt ignore the will of the people if he had any power over the decision.)