Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-11-2016, 07:51 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Agree with all of that. He is by far the best crosser at the club.

It's frankly embarrassing to see our own fans digging out our only England player. Sure, Wilf should be in ahead of him, but I do feel for Andros in that he is being judged on performances where he hasn't been playing in his best position. I have always seen him work hard and tracking back. He has been average overall, but certainly not poor and certainly not meriting the kind of criticism he is receiving.
I agree with much of that and I personally think Townsend will come good. But I don't see what him being our only England international has got to do with anything. England are utterly atrocious these days and play people like Lingard on the wing. I'd say any average player can get in the squad these days.
Old 21-11-2016, 08:53 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
He is a game changer but is very frustrating (like most wingers). Interested why you feel 5-4-1 isn't the way to go with our defensive problems on the left hand side of the pitch though. Personally I could see that helping a few players stay in the game (notably Benteke, but also Townsend and Sako).
I would need to see your team layout, who would be your starting 11. The primary purpose of the full backs/wing backs is to defend on a 5-4-1. Wilf and Andros are poor defensively. If Wilf and Andros are wingers as part of the 4, who would be the full backs, guessing Ward and Kelly, with Damo, Dann and Tomkins in the centre, then who is in the midfield? we would have to drop either punch, cabeye or mcarthur.
Old 21-11-2016, 09:15 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
He'll come good..as I said on the Puncheon thread. People saying get rid don't know too much
Sorry at his age and wages he should not need to come good. Some of you still think it will happen with Fryers over two years on. How many of you would keep your job if you performed like these two Spurs rejects?
Old 21-11-2016, 09:17 PM

ianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineianace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Poor mans Bolassie!
Old 21-11-2016, 09:19 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Definitely has under-performed our hopes for him, just not sure if thats because of him or because of the team as a whole.
Old 21-11-2016, 09:44 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I think Townsend is our best crosser of a ball. That's why he should play on the right. I agree in theory that players cutting in on their stronger foot doesn't sound like it plays to our striker's strengths. But Townsend is two-footed, long term we need at least one attacking full back (and preferably two) who can get forward and cross. It shouldn't be up to Wilf to assist every goal.
Im sure I read Townsend has 7 PL assists in 4 or 5 seasons. If Townsend is our best crosses we are in big trouble for a side with such a good header of the ball as Benteke up top.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:31 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Im sure I read Townsend has 7 PL assists in 4 or 5 seasons. If Townsend is our best crosses we are in big trouble for a side with such a good header of the ball as Benteke up top.
As you may know, I'm not a fan. However, I think that might be from not more than about 35 odd games. Over 4 seasons. But he's a quality player. Don't start me off again...
Old 21-11-2016, 10:40 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
So many quality players (Steve, Andros, Tomkins) underperforming from what we were told to expect this summer. Personally think Tomkins will come good quickest and Steve must surely get better, but it is the lack of desire of Andros and previous history with Spurs that is the worry.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:47 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
I would need to see your team layout, who would be your starting 11. The primary purpose of the full backs/wing backs is to defend on a 5-4-1. Wilf and Andros are poor defensively. If Wilf and Andros are wingers as part of the 4, who would be the full backs, guessing Ward and Kelly, with Damo, Dann and Tomkins in the centre, then who is in the midfield? we would have to drop either punch, cabeye or mcarthur.
Personally I think the 4 at its strongest from left to right would have to be Punch, McArthur, Cabaye and Townsend. Maximising the width of the pitch is our strongest asset so I think it would have to be Hennessey/Steve

Tomkins Dann Delaney

Wilf..................................Sako

....Townsend Cabaye McArthur Puncheon

..............BENTEKE

leaving a half decent bench with cover in all areas:

The other keeper

Ward
Kelly

Ledley
Lee
Mutch

Wickham

Having players that could interchange would hopefully see us able to dominate the midfield a bit more, and also defend better as a unit. Think we need to find a shape that gets the most from the type of players at our disposal. No full back would relish having Wilf and Townsend doubling up on them, and equally Punch and Sako could get good ball into Benteke or Wickham from the left. I would disagree that Wilf is poor defensively personally, and maybe Sako could do the job on the left hand side until Souare returns, or we are able to sign a fit for purpose left back once we have a few clean sheets on the board and have eked out some points prior to the window opening.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:52 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Personally I think the 4 at its strongest from left to right would have to be Punch, McArthur, Cabaye and Townsend. Maximising the width of the pitch is our strongest asset so I think it would have to be Hennessey/Steve

Tomkins Dann Delaney

Wilf..................................Sako

....Townsend Cabaye McArthur Puncheon

..............BENTEKE

leaving a half decent bench with cover in all areas:

The other keeper

Ward
Kelly

Ledley
Lee
Mutch

Wickham

Having players that could interchange would hopefully see us able to dominate the midfield a bit more, and also defend better as a unit. Think we need to find a shape that gets the most from the type of players at our disposal. No full back would relish having Wilf and Townsend doubling up on them, and equally Punch and Sako could get good ball into Benteke or Wickham from the left. I would disagree that Wilf is poor defensively personally, and maybe Sako could do the job on the left hand side until Souare returns, or we are able to sign a fit for purpose left back once we have a few clean sheets on the board and have eked out some points prior to the window opening.
One problem with your suggestipon is that we half decent bench on current form as highlighted. I'd prefer a decent bench.
Old 21-11-2016, 11:03 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
One problem with your suggestipon is that we half decent bench on current form as highlighted. I'd prefer a decent bench.
Fair enough. I'd rather win it early but have versatile players on the bench. Maybe we should be looking for Wickham and Benteke in home games, but have the firepower of Wickham on hand in aways if the match dictates that Benteke requires more support. I always feel a bit dispirited if there is only Campbell sitting there as the fallback offensive option No disrespect to him, but you never get the feeling he has a hatrick in him, unlike with Wickham or Benteke.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 22-11-2016, 08:44 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Andros is poor. Makes dreadful decisions.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 22-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Dave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDave McGregor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was on holiday for the Burnley game so just watched the low lights on MOTD. Andros played on the right and seemed to do much better offensively than when he is on the left. I know Wilf is better on the right but why not switch them from time to time during the game to give their full backs something else to deal with.

Playing Andros on the left as V Man City is a waste.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:46 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I'm amazed that his absolutely horrendous pass to Kelly has not been highlighted further. It was a poor clearance from Kelly but an absolute joke pass from Townsend put him in that situation.
Old 22-11-2016, 11:49 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000 View Post
Andros is poor. Makes dreadful decisions.
The thing is, that is something that can be worked on and coached out of him. The question should be is he being coached right? At this moment in time, I'd say not! Looks a different player to the one Rafa Benitez got at Newcastle so far!
Old 22-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I'm amazed that his absolutely horrendous pass to Kelly has not been highlighted further. It was a poor clearance from Kelly but an absolute joke pass from Townsend put him in that situation.
This
Old 22-11-2016, 12:11 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
I was on holiday for the Burnley game so just watched the low lights on MOTD. Andros played on the right and seemed to do much better offensively than when he is on the left. I know Wilf is better on the right but why not switch them from time to time during the game to give their full backs something else to deal with.

Playing Andros on the left as V Man City is a waste.
They are switched.He's still rubbish.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting.He was good at Newcastle for a short spell but awful for Tottenham.His end product has always been poor and he doesn't offer the 40 yard runs that Bolasie made to get us out of trouble in defence.He's easily our 2nd best winger,unless we play Puncheon out there,but that's not really saying much.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:17 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifill Over View Post
Don't agree wilf is poor at defending. Not so sure about and rose. Is victor moses a good defender?
Old 22-11-2016, 12:19 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
He wasn't awful for spurs at all, shortly after bale left he got a run of games and looked very good till he got injured and then couldn't get back into the side.

He's not a shit player for **** sake

Pathetic
Old 22-11-2016, 12:21 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianace View Post
Poor mans Bolassie!
Bought for Bolasie's true transfer value. Not exactly pulling up trees at Everton is he?