Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:36 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
It wouldn't be unreasonable to think Parish and Freedman are trying to kill Roy off with the stress their actions must bring about. 'You want a right back and a striker, Roy? Alright, here's a barely adequate third keeper and a few more recruits for your army of midfielders, you lucky man'.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:42 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Funny ‘cos true.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones14 View Post
As my old man says 'You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit'.
You can, I've done it myself.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:06 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let's hope we don't pick up a crop of injuries early on. I think that would send Roy and us over the edge.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:39 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC31 View Post
And it will continue that way until we are sold and have competent owners in charge who know what they are doing. We are going Backwards. Its a mess. We are winging it every season. There is no plan. There is no long term vision. Who would Be Better? Anyone. Because then we might actually buy some players (RB, Striker), stop signing shit like Sorloth and show some ambition.
Our owners know exactly what they are doing which is balancing the financials of the club and staying in the PL. Neither of them is in this to throw millions at the club every transfer window. Wolves, Everton and Leicester have those types of owners and I wonder how much those clubs are in serious debt to their owners. In fairness we are a club that financially belong in lower league.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:10 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Feel for the bloke. I'm not a massive fan of his and think he can be one dimensional but you can't argue against what he has achieved.

Fair play to him. Love his comments supporting his player (wilf) whilst having a side swipe. I thought it was very clever. I sincerely hope the guy gets as much support as possible. His going to need it this year with the hand his been dealt. The only positive I can see is he sounds p***** of whilst well up for it. Hope he comes out fighting and shows everyone that he is a top manager.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:57 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Sing the mans name Saturday. Make it the loudest it's ever been. A lot of men with much less integrity than he would have walked today.

He's been stitched up in his final season. We basically will lose practically half the first XI next summer, along with him.
I can get behind this. He doesn't deserve this nonsense

how I'd love for him to say what he really thinks of Doug Freedman and Parish...
Old 09-08-2019, 03:26 AM

sky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whatever you think of him as a tactician, Roy's man management skills are top notch....which is very fortunate for us right now
Old 09-08-2019, 04:50 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Whatever you think of him as a tactician, Roy's man management skills are top notch....which is very fortunate for us right now
Agreed
Old 09-08-2019, 05:51 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Feel for the bloke. I'm not a massive fan of his and think he can be one dimensional but you can't argue against what he has achieved.

Fair play to him. Love his comments supporting his player (wilf) whilst having a side swipe. I thought it was very clever. I sincerely hope the guy gets as much support as possible. His going to need it this year with the hand his been dealt. The only positive I can see is he sounds p***** of whilst well up for it. Hope he comes out fighting and shows everyone that he is a top manager.
Totally agree, his comments from his car were pure class and will hopefully keep Wilf still motivated to play well for us. I really feel for Roy, hes barely been backed at all in the transfer market since hes been here compared to other managers at other clubs.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:57 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CpfcLoz View Post
Totally agree, his comments from his car were pure class and will hopefully keep Wilf still motivated to play well for us. I really feel for Roy, hes barely been backed at all in the transfer market since hes been here compared to other managers at other clubs.
And other managers here!
Old 09-08-2019, 06:05 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
It seems many people didn’t see it the same way and that’s fair enough but I thought Roy looked genuinely pleased. Relief at keeping Roy, happy to stop and talk to bridge and he’s not exactly a press fan.

It’s utterly obvious Roy wanted McCarthy... his welcome was heart felt and he said something like “glad to be here? It’s taken us a while to finally get you here” and James said himself he’s been hoping to sign as we’ve been talking all summer.

Think he probably wanted Cahill too, he said he wanted ayew back.

I’m utterly sure he wants a striker and a right back, don’t get me wrong I’m saying it’s the best window ever but he doesn’t seem anywhere near as frustrated as he has done and people on here assume he is.

Hey ho, we will see.

Positives are our squad is good mostly. Glaring hole at right back and HUGE question marks about our forwards although wilf is a forward now. For us at least and he’s fairly decent

Looking forward to Sheffield Utd
Old 09-08-2019, 07:07 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
It seems many people didnít see it the same way and thatís fair enough but I thought Roy looked genuinely pleased. Relief at keeping Roy, happy to stop and talk to bridge and heís not exactly a press fan.

Itís utterly obvious Roy wanted McCarthy... his welcome was heart felt and he said something like ďglad to be here? Itís taken us a while to finally get you hereĒ and James said himself heís been hoping to sign as weíve been talking all summer.

Think he probably wanted Cahill too, he said he wanted ayew back.

Iím utterly sure he wants a striker and a right back, donít get me wrong Iím saying itís the best window ever but he doesnít seem anywhere near as frustrated as he has done and people on here assume he is.

Hey ho, we will see.

Positives are our squad is good mostly. Glaring hole at right back and HUGE question marks about our forwards although wilf is a forward now. For us at least and heís fairly decent

Looking forward to Sheffield Utd

Have to say I genuinely think Roy believes he can get a tune out of our strikers. In theory we have a 1 in two striker, a 1 in 3.5ish striker and one who was a potential star before injury plus Wilf. On paper that's not terrible.

It's interesting that midfield creativity and strength got prioritised over RB and ST. We were still in for those two players I genuinely think we'll go in for Castagne and Chalov again in January.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:20 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A few times last season I was one of those who wanted Roy to leave after some really poor and negative performances. I was clearly wrong.
We need him now, more than ever.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Big Member

Ships is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS Murray
You can see why Pullis and Big Sam resigned, wouldn't be surprised if Roy did as well.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:58 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky dancer View Post
Yes. The state of the squad means we will be boring but there is no option. Wilf will have to be motivated and uninjured
Old 09-08-2019, 08:04 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Have to say I genuinely think Roy believes he can get a tune out of our strikers. In theory we have a 1 in two striker, a 1 in 3.5ish striker and one who was a potential star before injury plus Wilf. On paper that's not terrible.

It's interesting that midfield creativity and strength got prioritised over RB and ST. We were still in for those two players I genuinely think we'll go in for Castagne and Chalov again in January.
Did type a big long waffle with the upsides vs the risks a few players have in our squad in reply to you...accidentally hit back on the iPad and it’s gone

Hey ho, I’m done waffling now... essentially as you say we have lots of potential to come good. Benteke, wickham, ayew, Cahill, Meyer, Camarasa and McCarthy all could be huge players for us but come with a risk of injury, underperforming etc..

Could go either way but I’m reasonably confident we are ok. I think
Old 09-08-2019, 08:05 AM

When is our press conference with Roy? Could be a good one... if we get questions other than the impact of sane getting injured on the title race, did Luiz moving to arsenal surprise you and how will Rooney do at derby!
Old 09-08-2019, 08:06 AM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
The window definitely feels like Roy has been involved and understands the limitations we seem to be operating under.

McCarthy and Cahill both seem like players that Roy would have asked for. The new contract for Wickham, coupled with the tame pursuit of a new striker and the fact we have left our loan options open for the Jan window all seem to indicate he thinks Benteke and Wickham can probably do the job.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:06 AM

addicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddicted_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn’t Roy say he has a good relationship with Dougie?
I’d suspect that Dougie put RBs and Fwds to Roy and it was Roy with the final decision.