Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
AWB will soon be too old for the U21s (he is already 21), then what happens ?
Probably a call-up for a friendly, and 5 mins, to try to tie him down, like Wilf.
Old 15-03-2019, 12:32 AM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
He scored a set piece in the semi final, not sure Id say he was brilliant. We lost twice to the only decent opposition we faced.
It's also worth remembering that Trippier's delivery from crosses and especially corners was a key feature of England's goal threat. They created very little outside of those scenarios in most games. So given that lack of creativity he's an important player for Southgate.
Old 15-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
Maybe - but he should get some credit like all our other managers who have got to a semi final of a major tournament. People forget how shit we were in the 1990 World Cup where we extremely lucky to get to the semi - yet Bobby Robson is treated as a legend. AWB will play for England but personally after playing 38 or so games for Palace - I believe he needs more experience. He is a great defender but to be a regular for England I think he needs more going forward. Im confident he will get there soon

Bullshit - you never played 38 games for Palace?
Old 15-03-2019, 12:32 PM

Palaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceguard came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
It's also worth remembering that Trippier's delivery from crosses and especially corners was a key feature of England's goal threat. They created very little outside of those scenarios in most games. So given that lack of creativity he's an important player for Southgate.
Yes but they have Kane in the squad
Old 15-03-2019, 12:34 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
The teams we faced (and beat) were League One quality at best .
You really believe that?
Old 15-03-2019, 12:35 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Probably a call-up for a friendly, and 5 mins, to try to tie him down, like Wilf.
didn't milner play til he was 23 or something
Old 15-03-2019, 12:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
didn't milner play til he was 23 or something
To view the link you have to Register or Login For UEFA competitions, you have to be 21 or under when the qualification for a tournament begins. That’s two years before the tournament itself, so once there you get 22 and 23 year olds still playing.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 15-03-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 15-03-2019, 02:44 PM
I love Banging

Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Bullshit - you never played 38 games for Palace?

I did actually-my name is Tommy Langley -I played for Palace and Chelsea in the early 80s!
Old 15-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I did actually-my name is Tommy Langley -I played for Palace and Chelsea in the early 80s!
Be great if you are, mate. My favourite memory of Tommy doesn't involve the Palace days, but your (his) time at Chelsea. Was only a kid, but was very tickled by a Sunday newspaper match report which commented on your close understanding with a team-mate - probably the late great Ray Wilkins.

Anyway this piece went on for a bit when the writer decided to reflect the uncanny relationship by giving you a joint name. Thus the rest of the report continued, telling us how "Wangley" did this, did that, and did the other, which reduced me to a fit of schoolboy giggles.

Was probably that mischievous wordplay that set me on the road to a career in newspapers. So I'm afraid you, Butch and that journo have an awful lot to answer for!
Old 15-03-2019, 03:45 PM

transformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hmm Tommy Langley would be 61 now according to wiki . Born 8-2-58 . Played 59 games for CPFC . Works for Chelski TV .
Bangor is 47 according to his profile ....
Chinny reckons something could be amiss ... more proof needed
Old 15-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Friendlies don't matter - he'd still be able to switch until he played in a competitive match
Old 15-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
perhaps it's a different tommy langley that enjoys doing pranks?
Old 15-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
Hmm Tommy Langley would be 61 now according to wiki . Born 8-2-58 . Played 59 games for CPFC . Works for Chelski TV .
Bangor is 47 according to his profile ....
Chinny reckons something could be amiss ... more proof needed
Doesn't take long to dig through his post history to see its bollox
Old 15-03-2019, 04:11 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I'm Spartacus though...
Old 15-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
The biggest certainty of all time is that if you were Tommy Langley you would keep so quiet about any involvement with our beloved club because you are one of the worst players and signing ever, total and absolute crap.

They show videos of Langley trying to trap a bag of cement at our academy,where he keeps missing!
Old 15-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Palace Addict

trufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is heretrufan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Ah well. Revived a happy memory though.
Old 15-03-2019, 06:19 PM
I love Banging

Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Banger has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

You nosey bastard
Old 15-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
You nosey bastard

Theres only one Tommy Langley aka Langers
Old 15-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufan View Post
Ah well. Revived a happy memory though.
And shut Langers up for a bit.
Old 16-03-2019, 12:07 AM
Newbury Eagles

Quote:
And shut Langers up for a bit.
But not Tommy Langley