Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 AM

Maidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think the biggest positive was he was not fazed by who he was playing against.

Feels that he belongs which is a massive part of taking the step up - huge as we all know it is.

Will save us millions BUT might be sensible to take him out every now and again.

Concentration levels can drop with younger players.

Just very positive all round!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:54 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Can see why wilf hates playing against him now. Keep it up AVB

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:34 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Pretty much the only good thing to come out of this dreadful season. So far.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 AM
19 years for 4,075 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Can see why wilf hates playing against him now. Keep it up AVB
Do you mean the former Spurs boss, now a budding Rally Car driver ?

Or AWB...the latest Palace youngster off the "conveyor belt" ?
Old 10-03-2018, 07:56 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Do you mean the former Spurs boss, now a budding Rally Car driver ?

Or AWB...the latest Palace youngster off the "conveyor belt" ?
He"ll always be Van Bissaka to me. My phone has decided its AVB.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:07 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstone Eagle View Post
I think the biggest positive was he was not fazed by who he was playing against.
Perhaps he has been fazed and we wont see the true Wan till he's up against Huddesfield? One hell of a prospect.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Pretty much the only good thing to come out of this dreadful season. So far.
Faint praise from the most miserable man on the BBS? It must be early.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 10-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
You have your moments.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Look, Penstone may be a miserable bastard but
Old 10-03-2018, 09:45 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can understand to a degree why some are suggesting Fosu-Mensah should come back in for the Chelsea game, but my arguement would be why? firstly, he has not been outstanding in that position by any stretch if we are honest, no more than ok.
Secondly, Wan-Bissaka having been patient for his opportunity comes in does outstandingly well against TWO of the Top teams, also with his confidence probably sky high to suggest dropping him does not make sense to me, play him for now and when and IF we see a drop in performances that is the time to rest him.
And now with the return of Wilf Zaha expected will give us a far better balanced attacking Right side for now, but also help develop W-B attacking game looking ahead longer term. But i am not forgetting he is a novice with a lot of learning ahead, but ensure whilst he is on top of his game we don't then destroy his confidence.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
AWB to start - TFM returns to strengthen our underwhelming bench
Old 10-03-2018, 11:08 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Look, Penstone may be a miserable bastard but
his raspberry and Chantilly Mille Feuille is to die for?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
I can understand to a degree why some are suggesting Fosu-Mensah should come back in for the Chelsea game, but my arguement would be why? firstly, he has not been outstanding in that position by any stretch if we are honest, no more than ok.
Secondly, Wan-Bissaka having been patient for his opportunity comes in does outstandingly well against TWO of the Top teams, also with his confidence probably sky high to suggest dropping him does not make sense to me, play him for now and when and IF we see a drop in performances that is the time to rest him.
And now with the return of Wilf Zaha expected will give us a far better balanced attacking Right side for now, but also help develop W-B attacking game looking ahead longer term. But i am not forgetting he is a novice with a lot of learning ahead, but ensure whilst he is on top of his game we don't then destroy his confidence.
I think the bit in bold is part of why I would likely have him on the bench this week but delivered with a very positive message from Roy. He has broken through and doesn't need today's match. That plus the well trusted lesson that young, inexperienced players find it hard to be consistent and are best drip fed into the team. The third reason is that he looks very comfortable doing the job out wide and both matches needed him to do that but I don't think he (yet) looks so comfortable when narrow which is how we typically play and that leaves gaps between him and the CB. I just get the feeling he could do with some more training work on that. Chelsea don't have the width and so it's a good game to rest. I would expect him to play again this year though and if short we can rely on him but I would plump for TFM today but no problem if he is picked.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
"Just Wan Bissaka,
He comes for free,
Another Eagle,
from the Academy,
He'll set the bar,
A superstar,
He's Wan Bissaka,
And he is free"

Old 10-03-2018, 01:31 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I think the bit in bold is part of why I would likely have him on the bench this week but delivered with a very positive message from Roy. He has broken through and doesn't need today's match. That plus the well trusted lesson that young, inexperienced players find it hard to be consistent and are best drip fed into the team. The third reason is that he looks very comfortable doing the job out wide and both matches needed him to do that but I don't think he (yet) looks so comfortable when narrow which is how we typically play and that leaves gaps between him and the CB. I just get the feeling he could do with some more training work on that. Chelsea don't have the width and so it's a good game to rest. I would expect him to play again this year though and if short we can rely on him but I would plump for TFM today but no problem if he is picked.
Yes you raise some valid points, and I also mentioned about him being a novice so will have flaws which is totally understandable and only experience will iron that out.
The point i was making was, currently he has played with a lot of maturity and composure for someone young and inexperienced, but there is nothing to suggest by dropping him the team would benefit. Also especially when TFM has not exactly made the RB position his own with scintilating performances so warranting an automatic recall.
I would suggest as TFM will be returning to his parent club, so for now why not give our future RB as much exposure and experience at the highest level, and only when he show signs of flagging then rest him, but until then why not continue to play him it can only benefit CPFC.
As for the flaws defensively in his game you mention, that is only natural for a "newbe" also especially with having a suspect defence around him currently, i really do think if he had Dann and Sakho in Central Defence they would offer him the solidity needed, but also having a "fetch and carry" midfielder would give vital support, maybe Luca could give better support in that area. We dont often see talent coming through at Palace so lets make the most of it.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Poor lad cant cross, one weakness.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:27 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Poor lad cant cross, one weakness.
nah, think he just bottled it, which you would expect given his relative inexperience.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Very good again. Rush of blood at the end there but good again
Old 10-03-2018, 07:33 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
I'll look at the whole game instead of one mis hit cross, he did good and looks like he fits in at this level. Gaining in confidence every game. Keep it up AWB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 10-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
nah, think he just bottled it, which you would expect given his relative inexperience.
Haven't you got some placards to paint
Closed Thread