Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 06:01 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
How is it a tough call?

Joel is injured, and TFM isn't anywhere near good enough to replace AWB
TFM is decent , fast , taller , physically stronger , and more experienced . Win has played three excellent matches but young players do have dips . Hence the tough decision. Huddersfield could try and rough him up.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I was a bit concerned about the right back spot next season given TFM will go back and ward is out of contract. It's fantastic to get what feels like a new signing in Bissaka. He's got all the raw materials to be a very good defender at this level by the looks of it.
I'd be quite happy if Ward is allowed to find a new club (to be fair I'd be fine with him staying also even though I think he's declined massively). I'd actually like us to try and sign TFM because then we'd have AWB, TFM as full backs so the team would have way more recovery pace than when Joel is on the team
Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks very good. Early days but shows massive promise and has an aura of unflabbability. Very encouraging. Good at timing his tackles, confident on the ball, not looking to hoof it as soon as he's got it.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:03 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
TFM is decent , fast , taller , physically stronger , and more experienced . Win has played three excellent matches but young players do have dips . Hence the tough decision. Huddersfield could try and rough him up.
I actually agree with us. Huddersfield are just going to try and kick us off the pitch like last time.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
How's he going to learn to cope with that if he doesn't play? He's stronger than people think he is as well.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 11-03-2018, 06:19 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
How's he going to learn to cope with that if he doesn't play? He's stronger than people think he is as well.
It's a fair point but we have a two week break afterwards so that we could give him a good recovery period ready for a tough run against all our rivals Liverpool. It's now a must win game, he's not played a lot of league matches and they are just going to rain balls down on us with very aggressive pressing. Don't want him to break down and he's done well.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 11-03-2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:42 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Some weird arguments on here.

AWB coped well against Spurs and Chelsea and excelled against Man U but we can't risk him against Huddersfield?

He has looked better than any other right back so far this season and thus plays until he doesn't.

And in regards experience and development, as Woosie infers, do we want to develop AWB, an already experienced out of contract Ward or a Man U player?
Old 11-03-2018, 06:47 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Some weird arguments on here.

AWB coped well against Spurs and Chelsea and excelled against Man U but we can't risk him against Huddersfield?

He has looked better than any other right back so far this season and thus plays until he doesn't.

And in regards experience and development, as Woosie infers, do we want to develop AWB, an already experienced out of contract Ward or a Man U player?
Huddersfield are going to clog it and us unlike Man U, Chelsea and Spurs. They're actually good matches for your debut because the pressure is off and no one is expecting miracles from you. I'd like to think we can persuade that Man U player that he's not going to play at Man U whereas he'll be an integral part of our squad, given that Ward, Kelly and Damo are all out of contract.

Plus Wilf is an ex Man U player so knows exactly what it's like up there with their staff and development for young players looking to make their mark and get game time so I'd hope his bitching about Man U and the dutch invasion at Palace might help.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 11-03-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:07 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Misplaced crosses happen every game by established players.. wilf.. Andros.. etc. That isnít a worry. He has looked very tidy, looks a good player.. his positioning needs working on but to be expected at his age.
That said, it would be lovely if we could find a right back who could cross!

Still, at least he can defend and at least he is comfortable on the ball, so he is already better than out-of-contract Joel Ward. Hopefully JW is on his way to West Brom to play in the Championship. AWB will be playing in the Premier League next season
Old 11-03-2018, 07:09 PM

1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray1sheffa FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
I'd be quite happy if Ward is allowed to find a new club (to be fair I'd be fine with him staying also even though I think he's declined massively). I'd actually like us to try and sign TFM because then we'd have AWB, TFM as full backs so the team would have way more recovery pace than when Joel is on the team
Not for the amount of money TFM would cost. We're in a weird position right now, it seems as though the emergence of AWB has saved us money in the summer transfer window but we still need back-up to avoid a repeat of the left back shambles of last season. I'd like Ward to stay.

Isn't AWB out of contract at the end of the season too? Woosie do you think he was going to be released at the end of the season?
Old 11-03-2018, 07:15 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Why would we waste 20 million on TFM when we have our own south London academy player who shows even more promise?

I am not anti TFM just far more pro AWB and don't want his progress blocked. I would prefer to re-sign Kelly as experienced cover across the back 4 if we were to resign anyone
Old 11-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sheffa View Post
Not for the amount of money TFM would cost. We're in a weird position right now, it seems as though the emergence of AWB has saved us money in the summer transfer window but we still need back-up to avoid a repeat of the left back shambles of last season. I'd like Ward to stay.

Isn't AWB out of contract at the end of the season too? Woosie do you think he was going to be released at the end of the season?
He has a deal until 2020, but no he wasn't going to be let go by the end of it. Palace rated him before this - how highly I don't know but certainly they were pleased with his progress. He was already good enough technically for U21 (as it was then) football in 2015.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 11-03-2018, 07:26 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Why would we waste 20 million on TFM when we have our own south London academy player who shows even more promise?

I am not anti TFM just far more pro AWB and don't want his progress blocked. I would prefer to re-sign Kelly as experienced cover across the back 4 if we were to resign anyone
Because we need more than one player in each position FFS. We are going to need at least 5 senior CBs based on the last three years. Damo, Ward and Kelly are all out of contract leaving us with

Sakho, Tomkins and Jach thats three CBs and one RB ignoring our three LBs. Dann won't be back until at least Jan/Feb 2019 and I suspect longer than that so we might not be able to use him at all next season so he's probably a season write off.

If we had Sakho (injury prone but mustard), Tomkins (injury prone but mustard), TFM, Kelly/Amadou, Jach. Then we'd have enough cover and two players that can play across the back four.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:49 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Having both of them would be great as you say but it may be that we will need to spend what would be a hefty fee for TFM elsewhere. If we stay up, I think we'll need to significantly strengthen our central midfield and I can see us signing a quality striker. Another wide player would be nice too.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:26 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Having both of them would be great as you say but it may be that we will need to spend what would be a hefty fee for TFM elsewhere. If we stay up, I think we'll need to significantly strengthen our central midfield and I can see us signing a quality striker. Another wide player would be nice too.
Probably but we've got so many players out of contract that it's a case of picking which area is screwed. Ironically in attack we will have 3 strikers.

I know it's unpopular but IF we can get Amadou in from Lille and Rakip is the useful little goal scoring creative mf player I think he actually is (given that we have an option to buy) then we'll be ok in the middle as we'll have replacements for Jimmy Mac and Cabaye and free up a load of wages for the attacking am/winger that we need.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Thought he was very good again yesterday.

What a baptism of fire. He should find Huddersfield a breeze.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:00 AM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone know where abouts in Croydon he's from?
Old 12-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Has lost every game he's played. Give it a couple of years and maybe he'll be the next Gareth Bale!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
He can learn the first 6-12 games next season once we have secured Premiership survival . Not doubting his ability, but horses for courses

Last edited by aj4england; 12-03-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:

TFM once he sorts out his positional play has the potential to be a top class CB. All the right attributes. He is also still young and severly inexperiences and should be remembered that prior to joining Palace had only made 21 competitive appearances for Man Utd.