Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2018, 07:41 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
They donít seem to rate him up there do they. Iíve not heard the rumour so I prefer to treat that as bollox. Itís so easy to talk shit on the internet and convince the easily lead
One of my Liverpool friends passed on the drugs information a few months ago. Hope it is bollox, but strange that he hasn't featured all season but Liverpool don't mention his injury.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
So is our Academy still a load of crap waste of money that Steve Parish doesnít care about?

Just wondering as few weeks ago plenty seemed to think so
AWB has succeeded in spite of the academy, not because of it.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 16-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Preach
Old 16-03-2018, 08:49 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well I take that because you know Woosie.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:52 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've heard the term 'arrows' for less than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 16-03-2018, 08:58 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
You have to factor in that weíve been in the Prem those 5 years, so giving kids a chance, especially in the midst of a relegation scrap is difficult and takes a very brave or foolhardy manager - whichever way you want to look at it.

Bissaka is going to save us at the very least £10m in buying a decent full back. So thatís not a disasterous return on the academy really considering the barron nature of players coming through recently.
So, even 1 player in 5 years means the academy is paying it's own way.

Over the cost of his contract, Jordon Mutch has probably cost the club more than the academy has per annum. Even Zeki Fryers probably cost about the same. These are exactly the types of signings which realistically would be avoided with a Cat 1 acedemy.
Old 16-03-2018, 10:26 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can honestly say Iíve never heard or read a bad word said against him from one single Palace fan nevermind many.
Must have imagined the comments when he didnít show up for an award as he was leaving.........
Can remember defending him for looking after his career after some of the comments
Old 16-03-2018, 10:29 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
That was the story/rumour at Anfield.
Did you start it? The papers would have been all over it if it had a grain of truth in it as he has played for England
Old 16-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Must have imagined the comments when he didnít show up for an award as he was leaving.........
Can remember defending him for looking after his career after some of the comments
Tbf, as a paying customer at that event - I had the hump at the time. However, thatís the only grievance Iíve ever had with him & it certainly wouldnít have tarnished the memory of him. In fact, until I read your post - Iíd totally forgotten that had ever even happened.
Old 16-03-2018, 11:03 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isn’t the major sticking point, regarding the academy, that to be category 1 all the facilities have to be on one site, and we don’t have a suitable site.

Until the site is resolved, we’re stuck in a bit of a viscious rut where investment in the academy is concerned.
Old 16-03-2018, 11:16 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Can honestly say Iíve never heard or read a bad word said against him from one single Palace fan nevermind many.
That's because it is made up bollox.

Clyne was a fan favourite and rightly so. Those claiming he was hated are just straight up lying.
Old 16-03-2018, 11:16 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
McCarthy and Shaw have had some influence I would think.
Old 17-03-2018, 07:50 AM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Did you start it? The papers would have been all over it if it had a grain of truth in it as he has played for England

What about the Stoke striker - his issue only came out when someone at WBA leaked it after his transfer.
Old 17-03-2018, 10:13 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
That's because it is made up bollox.

Clyne was a fan favourite and rightly so. Those claiming he was hated are just straight up lying.

I wonder what the mods think of Clyne? I wonder if they were privy to any inside info?
Old 17-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
1 player in 5 years? Yeah, what an academy.
It's all very well slagging off the academy but consider this. For the the five years we have been in the premiership we've never really been in a situation where the manager could blood an academy player because experience was needed. Aaron's debut came at a time when we had no other options.

Also the managers we've had over the last few years with the exception of warnock and Hodgson have been 'good' at spending money rather than looking at home to recruit. I'll leave fdb out of the equation as we will never know what would have happened there. There were signs though that he was interested in bringing academy players in.

If we drop, then you will get to see how good the academy players are.

Until palace stabilise as a mid to top table team in the top flight, I don't expect to see many a academy players coming through.

Personally I'd love to see Hodgson blood more juniors in the first scheme squad.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 17-03-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Tbf, as a paying customer at that event - I had the hump at the time. However, thatís the only grievance Iíve ever had with him & it certainly wouldnít have tarnished the memory of him. In fact, until I read your post - Iíd totally forgotten that had ever even happened.
At the time when he had some real spite on here about it I had interviewed a bunch of his friends who told me that he was very focused on his career and to become an England full back. They also said he was very shy but of course many on here thought he was a billy big bollocks and expressed that view. In a few years time some of the posters on here will say they canít remember any hate expressed towards Wayne! Clyne and Zaha should both have been England first choices and alone make the academy worth while. Having seen the subject of this thread live a couple of times I think he might get near their level.
Old 17-03-2018, 03:50 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
A few rough edges, which is to be expected, but it's looking like we have the real deal and a proper defender / wing-back here who can do it at this level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 17-03-2018, 04:34 PM

anonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im seriously starting to dislike this player. Nothing to do with his ability but because I will spend many a sleepless night worrying when some bastard will buy him.
Old 17-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Im seriously starting to dislike this player. Nothing to do with his ability but because I will spend many a sleepless night worrying when some bastard will buy him.
They won't, he's terrible.

*pass it on*

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 17-03-2018, 04:47 PM

anonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
They won't, he's terrible.

*pass it on*
Closed Thread