Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 20-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceForever View Post
A great manager at his peak, but his stubbornness held him back in the last few years. His ability to unearth unknown gems from Europe was reduced by other clubs casting their nets in the same waters, but he seemed to refuse to accept that the players he was bringing in weren't quite up to it.

Still, I have a lot of respect for him - an intelligent and honorable man (although a terrible and sour loser), he was a visionary and when they had Vieira, Pires, Henry, Ljungberg, Bergkamp firing on all cylinders...that was some team, perhaps the best league team in the last 30 years. I think the Arsenal fans may miss him more than they realise.
^ This.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think he could.
You could be right we will never know..
Old 20-04-2018, 01:20 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Why announce before season end? Man Utd proved that that ended crap as they turned dire until he said he was going to carry on.
Old 20-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Maybe we are a slightly different club to Arsenal .... Like to see him do something with a club like us! Could he? I think No!
He is a good manager and I would say yes and he would put SP in his place, I did say half of what he did at Arsenal.

Could you imagine having the same manager for over two whole seasons or more (let alone one)...Wonder what that is like
Old 20-04-2018, 01:28 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Why announce before season end? Man Utd proved that that ended crap as they turned dire until he said he was going to carry on.
Because the fans were boycotting the home games in large numbers and they have lost five away league games on the trot now. It can't really get any worse for them! I suspect the thinking is that the fans will rally round him for their last few games, particularly the two semi-final games. Massive for them if they could win the Europa and get into the Champions League.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Watch all the Arsenal fans say “legend, brilliant manager, great memories” etc when it will be the same ones that have been calling him a **** for the last 8 years
Quite. Will be amusing to witness the utter hypocricy from his worst critics now that he's gone.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:14 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Brendan Rogers next Manager ?
Old 20-04-2018, 02:15 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
No, but at least he had a go at using their youth system rather than going out and buying a ready made starter.

I like the way he runs a club, e.g, caring about the youth set up to the first team but at a club like Arsenal, with the fans they have, they want success now.
First manager to name a completely foreign PL matchday squad (against us).
Old 20-04-2018, 02:18 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Brendan Rogers next Manager ?
I heard Joachim Low a while back from an Arsenal fan. Joining after the World Cup with Wenger moving upstairs - no idea if that is true though. Would be a great appointment for them.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:20 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Because after the recent run he has been pushed. Rather than get the toxic effects they did last year at the end of the season the final few games can be a celebration. They also get a month ahead on bringing the next guy in .
Old 20-04-2018, 02:22 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Claud's interview with Sky had me giggling.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:45 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
I heard Joachim Low a while back from an Arsenal fan. Joining after the World Cup with Wenger moving upstairs - no idea if that is true though. Would be a great appointment for them.
Would it? Has done a good job for Germany obviously, mostly copying the tactics of Bayern and Dortmund. Hasn’t done much of note at club level as far as I know, so it’d be a gamble, but Wenger as some kind of advisor would probably help.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've heard exactly the same thing.
Old 20-04-2018, 02:58 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because the fans were boycotting the home games in large numbers and they have lost five away league games on the trot now. It can't really get any worse for them! I suspect the thinking is that the fans will rally round him for their last few games, particularly the two semi-final games. Massive for them if they could win the Europa and get into the Champions League.
If by 'Boycotting' you mean 'just not turning up because they are a bunch of gloryhunting ***** and the weather was a bit cold'.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Would it? Has done a good job for Germany obviously, mostly copying the tactics of Bayern and Dortmund. Hasn’t done much of note at club level as far as I know, so it’d be a gamble, but Wenger as some kind of advisor would probably help.
Pardew it is then!
Old 20-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Indeed. Or alternatively, they could finish 6th & not win a trophy, which would show just how far their stock has fallen.

(I appreciate we would kill to finish 6th but you what I mean & it's all relative, right?)

Edit - if a Mod could fix my quote of IanH's, or tell me how to do it, that would be just grand - thanks.

EDIT: See Gonzo's explanation mate.

Last edited by Slimbloke'H'; 20-04-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Edit - if a Mod could fix my quote of IanH's, or tell me how to do it, that would be just grand - thanks.
The end of your quote is [/[/B]QUOTE] it needs to be "[/b][/quote]" i think.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:36 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
My contacts at Arsenal are telling me that Gary Megson is the front runner.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:40 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
You'd think he had died the way Sky Sports News are carrying on.
Old 20-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
You'd think he had died the way Sky Sports News are carrying on.
Bearing in mind the media's OTT coverage of the death of the supermarket sweep guy this week, we can't really be too surprised.