Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-01-2019, 08:45 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I watch football. How about you?
Correct - unfortunately people are still blinded by this reputation he came with, instead of actually basing opinions on his performances, which haven't been great.

I hope that he just needs time to adjust to our league and style of play, but as it stands he not showing he's good enough to start, and Schlupp was rightly chosen to come on ahead of him on Saturday.
Old 14-01-2019, 08:52 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashman12 View Post
Playing champions league is no benchmark.
What about winning an olympic goal medal, captaining the winners and finishing top scorer?
Old 14-01-2019, 08:53 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"He's a powderpuff luxury player."

Typical bloody Palace fan comment.
Old 14-01-2019, 08:53 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
Correct - unfortunately people are still blinded by this reputation he came with, instead of actually basing opinions on his performances, which haven't been great.

I hope that he just needs time to adjust to our league and style of play, but as it stands he not showing he's good enough to start, and Schlupp was rightly chosen to come on ahead of him on Saturday.
So the fact our results are better when he plays is irrelevant?
Old 14-01-2019, 08:57 AM
De-Registered User

BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP BELTUP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
He also brings much needed energy and creativeness too.
Old 14-01-2019, 09:59 AM

Palacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacebear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hes not had the impact Id hoped for, hopefully hes just taking a little time to adjust to a new home & the PL.

I still think we look a better side with MM in it, but Roy doesnt fancy him.

I would like to see us persevere with a central midfield 3 of Luka or Jimmy, Kouyate & Meyer.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:01 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Views on RLC were very mixed until the last third of last season. I think we should persevere with Max and get him playing centrally.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:03 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Play him central and maybe jusy maybe we might see a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER playing better

He isn't a ******* winger and thats up to the manager to see.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:07 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I just don’t get why he’s not ahead of Jimmy ahead of the pecking order.
Jimmy seemed to be playing up top with Ayew most of the game on sat.
Meyer brings in players, makes things happen and creates chances.
Always looks dangerous when he links with Wilf.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
That stat is interesting. Has it not been that Roy has chosen to play him against slightly lesser opposition? He doesn't seem to entirely trust him in a battle.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I agree with El Ag here. Max has not shown enough for me to have a starting place in the 11. I'm not saying he won't get there, and I'm not certain that it isn't because we play him out of his preferred position either, but there is no way he's ahead of Jimmy Mac or Kouyate for me, and we ain't dropping Luka.

I think the majority of the problem is that we signed a player whose preferred position is the same as Luka's.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:44 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would say that I along with most other Palace fans could not believe our luck when realising Meyer was joining, here we had a German International aged just 22 and heralded by many experts as a true star in the making, signing for little old Palace.
But even as a fan of his i have to admit he has Not lived up to the hype if it were based on his background, so 6 months on since joining and still struggling to impose his undoubted quality, so should fans be blaming Roy for being hesitant in starting with Meyer? my view is RH feels as we are still in the relegation mix his needs would be better served by "workers" for now, that is the cautious side of Roy coming out.
Old 14-01-2019, 10:49 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cabaye didn't "live up to the hype" either, in terms of immediate impact and measurable output.

Didn’t Joni Mitchell write a song about that....
Old 14-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
With Cabaye, it's you don't know what you got till it's gone..
Old 14-01-2019, 10:56 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Cabaye didn't "live up to the hype" either, in terms of immediate impact and measurable output.

Didnt Joni Mitchell write a song about that....

He had far more impact than Meyer has (understandably) including scoring on his debut
Old 14-01-2019, 10:59 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
I agree with El Ag here. Max has not shown enough for me to have a starting place in the 11. I'm not saying he won't get there, and I'm not certain that it isn't because we play him out of his preferred position either, but there is no way he's ahead of Jimmy Mac or Kouyate for me, and we ain't dropping Luka.

I think the majority of the problem is that we signed a player whose preferred position is the same as Luka's.
You've almost nailed it. The majority of the problem is that we signed TWO players whose best position is the same as Luka's. Both Meyer and Kouyate are holding midfield players. McArthur used to be a holding midfielder too. We have all these defensive midfielders, and bring on a left back to play left midfield, and then we are surprised that the strikers are not banging them in!! Honestly, you couldn't make it up.

As much as people might want to pretend, Meyer has shown nothing to suggest he is the answer to the lack of attacking pace (Zaha aside) and creativity that runs through the entire squad. We need to sign some skilful pacy midfielders if we want to score goals at home. Oh for a Ruben Loftus-Cheek, just someone who can run with the ball and open up some space for others.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:05 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
At the end of the 14/15 season Punch was superb in that role. It didn't last, I'll agree but for a few months he was a huge success there.
It worked for a few months but then we plummeted from fifth place into eighteen months of relegation form, setting all kinds of negative records which ended only when BFS arrived and brought actual central midfielders, like Luka, to replace wingers forced into the middle, like Jason Puncheon. I don't blame Puncheon. He was forced into the role and only obeyed Pardew's tactics of aimlessly passing the ball around before either losing it or giving it to the wingers anyway, since we had even less midfield creativity and thrust than today and almost no ability to play a through ball to the striker. It killed any effectiveness Gayle had and all the excruciating knocking the ball around meant the opposition defence always had Murray shut down before the cross finally came in. None of this is Jason Puncheon's fault but he was part of the problem, not the solution.

At least Meyer IS a dedicated midfielder, albeit in a team where we still have no real attacking midfielder, no real penetration through the middle and are becoming reliant again on midfielders doing little more than carrying the ball up to the wingers. I miss the incisiveness we had when we had a real AM like RLC and believe, if we ever value that kind of player enough to spend money on that role, that Meyer will then flourish as a CM with more options to pass into.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:09 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
Hes not had the impact Id hoped for, hopefully hes just taking a little time to adjust to a new home & the PL.

I still think we look a better side with MM in it, but Roy doesnt fancy him.

I would like to see us persevere with a central midfield 3 of Luka or Jimmy, Kouyate & Meyer.
Has it not occurred to people that he hasn't had the impact hoped for because he is not given a run of games and is played in a position which limits his impact? Roy has F****** about with the team just so he can maintain his game plan. Max is more effective through the middle not out wide. MacArthur is more effective through the middle. But is out wide. We look better with wilf and AT out wide and a proper target man. Not Ayew. Yes even AS is a better target man than Ayew. But no Roy sets up his team and then just puts his preferred 11 in any old position. The team is being stifled. MM wasted.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:21 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hail View Post
"He's a powderpuff luxury player."

Typical bloody Palace fan comment.
Exactly. I've always said our culture as a club stops us from valuing creativity from midfield. BFS changed our team's fortunes with one quality midfielder, in Luka, the kind of player we normally never invest in. RLC revolutionized our effectiveness in the few months we had him fit. But we never learn as a club.

IF we are ever willing to invest significantly again in midfield ( like the huge outlays on Benteke and Sahko ) a true AM playing up front would liberate Meyer's passing ability as a deep-lying midfielder alongside Luka.

Yet, if we continue to use Meyer on the left as little more than a water carrier for Wilf and PVA to overlap, we will continue to only access a fraction of his ability. Meyer will end up wasted, sacrificed to a culture that doesn't invest in midfield creativity or penetration and expects strikers to live off crosses. It wasted Gayle's development and I hope we sell Meyer to flourish elsewhere if we don't want to truly invest in a midfielder able to do more than feed wingers.
Old 14-01-2019, 11:23 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
If we can get 6 or 7m for him we should cash in.
SELL SELL SELL.
you're seriously mental