Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-01-2019, 02:11 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I get depressed every time Roy doesn't pick him ... We do best when we play attacking football ... He should start in every home game at least!
McArthur and Kouyate have been playing well tbf.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
Thank goodness Roy was never manger of a young Lionel Messi , Meyer is our most technically able player, but because he isnít 6ft plus and clumsy like Kouyate Roy donít rate him, sums up Roy as a manager really.
Kouyate has been one of our better players for a while. It would be clueless if Roy actually dropped him.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:13 PM

PHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPHIL BARBER came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Kouyate is shocking watch him closely for 20 minutes he is a terrible player.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Messi is obviously bugger in real life than on T.V..
If his sexual proclivities lead Messi to join Bright*n I will be well depressed.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:19 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Why do you think with seconds left in the game?
Of course on any sensible planet any time lost would be added on but of course this is Moss we're talking about.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:23 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thank goodness Roy was never manger of a young Lionel Messi , Meyer is our most technically able player, but because he isnít 6ft plus and clumsy like Kouyate Roy donít rate him, sums up Roy as a manager really.
Messi hasn't played in the PL and would struggle physically i believe.

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Kouyate is good in games where we play on the counter, but really not what we need when we’re dominating possession at home against average-poor sides.

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Christ on a bike
Old 20-01-2019, 02:32 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I think Meyer would thrive with a more like minded playmaker closer to him. Cabaye would have been absolutely perfect.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Kouyate is good in games where we play on the counter, but really not what we need when we’re dominating possession at home against average-poor sides.
Kouyate is still needed for the pace and energy he brings to the side.

I agree we need someone creative and McArthur might have to be dropped against those sort of sides.

Last edited by Danny boy; 20-01-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:41 PM

pgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpgw152 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
MacArthur and Meyer can find space, Kouyatť does well in spite of his spacial unawareness. Orses fe corses
Old 20-01-2019, 02:48 PM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Messi is obviously bugger in real life than on T.V..
Surely you are not comparing Messi with Meyer? the only thing they have in common is their surnames begin with "M" Ok they may not be a big difference in height, but try shaking Messi off the ball is impossible with his amazing balance and upper body strength, asuming that you are even able to get near him that is.
Old 20-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Why didn't he celebrate his goal yesterday?
Because he knew it didn't meant anything?
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 20-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I get depressed every time Roy doesn't pick him ... We do best when we play attacking football ... He should start in every home game at least!
I get depressed every time Roy opens his mouth but that's another matter.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365

Last edited by Robson; 20-01-2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Hi
Old 20-01-2019, 04:29 PM

grand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is heregrand aigle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Really? Are you a Brighton fan?
Old 20-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You clown
Old 20-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm starting to agree with the "Meyer isn't a particularly creative player" camp. When we signed him I thought we might have someone in the mould of Carzola, Silva or Lanzini (though not necessarily as good, you get the idea). But I admit I didn't know much about him and was taken in by the hype. Whenever he has played he hasn't looked any more creative than anyone else, but that's not to say I don't think he could be a regular starter for us.

He is obviously technically great, but I think Roy and Ray are struggling to find a way to utilise him in a way so as to effect games in a way that is consummate with his talent. In large part that is due to his stature, but he hasn't acclimatised to the league to the point where he has the speed of thought or perhaps the confidence to build the play from his preferred deeper position. It's usually sideways or backwards passes, but I still think he has the (highly valuable) ability to help us beat the high press and generally contribute in midfield but is still getting used to the league basically.
Old 20-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I'm starting to agree with the "Meyer isn't a particularly creative player" camp. When we signed him I thought we might have someone in the mould of Carzola, Silva or Lanzini (though not necessarily as good, you get the idea). But I admit I didn't know much about him and was taken in by the hype. Whenever he has played he hasn't looked any more creative than anyone else, but that's not to say I don't think he could be a regular starter for us.

He is obviously technically great, but I think Roy and Ray are struggling to find a way to utilise him in a way so as to effect games in a way that is consummate with his talent. In large part that is due to his stature, but he hasn't acclimatised to the league to the point where he has the speed of thought or perhaps the confidence to build the play from his preferred deeper position. It's usually sideways or backwards passes, but I still think he has the (highly valuable) ability to help us beat the high press and generally contribute in midfield but is still getting used to the league basically.
How many times has he played in his natural position?
Old 20-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
I get frustrated at seeing Ayew start and MM on bench. Frustrated that our starting 11 basically stays the same apart from ayew over Meyer. We now have 2 fit CFs who could start instead of Ayew. Yes not match fit but wont grt natch fit eith dplinters up their arses on the bench. Jimmy Msc is a good player but needs a rest and meyer can replace him. Did i say frustrated.....perplexed and sometimes angry
This.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:03 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Kouyate is shocking watch him closely for 20 minutes he is a terrible player.

I mean, he really isnít