Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-02-2019, 07:14 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Thought he had a much better game today, couple of good interceptions defensively linked play well and was the one making the runs in injury time 1st half and deserved his goal.

Certainly options for Roy at the weekend with Meyer having a good game and Kouyate returning.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:22 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Thought he had a much better game today, couple of good interceptions defensively linked play well and was the one making the runs in injury time 1st half and deserved his goal.

Certainly options for Roy at the weekend with Meyer having a good game and Kouyate returning.
I thought he had a decent game but it took him a long time to get involved. I can still see why Roy isn't sure about starting him in the Premier League. Hopefully that goal will help too though and he will continue to adapt to English football.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:25 PM

palace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace910 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Definitely needs to start. Looks to go forward, as opposed to backwards or sideways. And has a certain cleverness about his game.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:36 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I thought he had a decent game but it took him a long time to get involved. I can still see why Roy isn't sure about starting him in the Premier League. Hopefully that goal will help too though and he will continue to adapt to English football.
It took several players a long time to get involved.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
It took several players a long time to get involved.
Not sure I argree with that. Of our midfield three Schlupp and Luka were on it far sooner today.
Old 17-02-2019, 07:51 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Had a few sublime touches in the second half. Tends to be less involved than most midfielders but I think we're learning how to incorporate him as much as he's learning how to fit in.

Werner Herzog
Old 17-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
He does need a run of games, but I would be loath to give him that run until we’re safe. Again today he failed to make an unanswerable case. It’s tricky, we want him to be that player making the piercing passes, but he seems to like playing a little further back than that.
And yet as Gonzo says, he had some stand out moments; and a couple of very disappointing passes, too.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:02 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
He does need a run of games, but I would be loath to give him that run until we’re safe. Again today he failed to make an unanswerable case. It’s tricky, we want him to be that player making the piercing passes, but he seems to like playing a little further back than that.
And yet as Gonzo says, he had some stand out moments; and a couple of very disappointing passes, too.
Yep. Think that's how I see it too. Luka, Jimmy, Kouyate and Schlupp are probably more of a safe bet at the moment.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I think he can play in a midfield of 4, but in a 4-3-3 formation it would leave us too lightweight.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:21 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Looked ok, but expected him to run the midfield today against a team that like to play football. It wasn't like they were a bunch of cloggers, this should have been tailer made, but thought he was anonymous for the most part (goal aside). Of the midfield three I felt he was the least effective
Old 17-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Had some sublime moments and some very ordinary touches too. Has real talent, but how we fit it in, is the issue.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:45 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure I argree with that. Of our midfield three Schlupp and Luka were on it far sooner today.
You dont agree that it took a while for several of our players to get involved today because 2 out of 11 didnt?
Old 17-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a massive fan and want to see him do well but can see why he is not in the starting 11.

Something is not quite clicking. Lets be honest we all expected more.

Perhaps needs a season to settle?
Old 17-02-2019, 08:48 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
I'm a massive fan and want to see him do well but can see why he is not in the starting 11.

Agreed - looks great off the bench - just need Roy to bring him on a little earlier in matches
Old 17-02-2019, 08:49 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Looked ok, but expected him to run the midfield today against a team that like to play football. It wasn't like they were a bunch of cloggers, this should have been tailer made, but thought he was anonymous for the most part (goal aside). Of the midfield three I felt he was the least effective
Luka, Schluup and Meyer were the best 3 player son the pitch.

Only Luka made more tackles than Meyer, only Luka and Jeff more interceptions. Luka made more passes than any other, both Jeff and Meyer almost identical and Meyer marginally better retention.

I think he was as good as Schluup today and only Luka was better.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:49 PM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Played pretty well today. Ideally would play in a central midfield trio with Luka and Kouyate
Old 17-02-2019, 08:50 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
My thoughts exactly. The BBS has been telling us he would be
all over a game like this, but it didn't happen.

You can see why Roy starts with Jeffery.
Old 17-02-2019, 08:58 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
He should start. He’s getting the cabaye treatment. Does so much that goes unnoticed. He is a baller. With wilf back and kouyate next to him and luka, Batshuayi up top he’ll be far more effective
Old 17-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
My thoughts exactly. The BBS has been telling us he would be
all over a game like this, but it didn't happen.

You can see why Roy starts with Jeffery.
Who was all over this game? We never got out of second gear. Any decent footballing Moves we had tend to involve him.

This place is an odd place sometimes
Old 17-02-2019, 09:00 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post

Nothing more than adjusting to the rigours of the premier. Fully expect him to gradually surpass MacArthur.