Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2019, 12:03 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James SG View Post
Barely speak English? Jesus have a word with yourself! He gave a very good interview when he joined in English and he would clearly have improved since then.
Point proven I guess.
Old 28-02-2019, 12:04 AM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Max was pissed, spread the word.
Old 28-02-2019, 12:59 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Im pissed off to hear that Meyer thinks he can play for Palace pissed.
Old 28-02-2019, 01:18 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
At the risk of being whooshed, you do realise I meant pissed off right??? Not drunk...
Understand... probably lost in translation (bloody Yanks!).

I've had to put up with this crap for 35+ years!

To be honest I'm confused myself which means what and where!

Oh, and isn't it "realize"?

Bottom line... bad attempt at homour (or is it humor) by me.
Old 28-02-2019, 06:03 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Roys stubbornness
This.
Old 28-02-2019, 07:23 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I agree. When he starts he doesn't seem quite as good. However as a sub he is nearly always great. I think he still needs more minutes i.e. experience of the league, to get to the point where he can affect games for 90 minutes, but Roy doesn't want to risk having any passengers, so he hardly starts.
Is the correct answer. I think without exception he's looked a far better player when coming off the bench.
Old 28-02-2019, 08:50 AM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Don't understand the moaning about the meyer sub which was earlyish and as above he looks good when the game is opening up in the second half not sure he would have fared well in the first half
Old 28-02-2019, 09:00 AM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Don't understand the moaning about the meyer sub which was earlyish and as above he looks good when the game is opening up in the second half not sure he would have fared well in the first half
Perhaps if we played more open and expansive football at home, more like the type we play when it’s shit or bust and we are chasing the game, we’d see Mayer have more of an effect when he starts?

I know Roy builds his team on defensive discipline and shape. Fine for away games but our home record is appalling (second worst after Huddersfield) and something has to change.

We need to judge Mayer on what we have seen in the PL, not what we are told about his performances and position in the Bundasliga, in which I’m sure he was a very useful holding midfielder in a team that builds slowly and keeps possession in a slightly less physical and high tempo league.

He clearly needs to play attacking midfield for palace, in front of two holding midfielders. His link up play and eye for a pass is excellent. He’s creative and don’t forget he burst into the scene as an attacking player, the German messi.
Old 28-02-2019, 09:30 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Hodgson doesn't want to change a team that won at Leicester. OK, but:

- Sakho is injured so must be replaced: not only for that position but also for the qualities he brings; with Kelly or Dann instead we can't pass the ball out of defence so we need Meyer.

- United are not Leicester; horses for courses. We needed players that coukd match them for height and strength so we need Kouyate and Dann for example.

- Although we won we were poor for much of the Leicester game and the same problems would be exploited by United. Simplistic to think that one good result means all is well.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:44 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Not sure if anyone else has noticed that every home game Meyer is on the pitch at the end, he walks straight down the tunnel.

Not sure if that's a sign he isn't happy here, or if it's nothing. It just something I've noticed about him.

He needs to start in home games.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Not sure if anyone else has noticed that every home game Meyer is on the pitch at the end, he walks straight down the tunnel.

Not sure if that's a sign he isn't happy here, or if it's nothing. It just something I've noticed about him.

He needs to start in home games.
Anyone would be unhappy if your head and shoulders above half the players on the pitch and are left on bench 90% of time.

Hes the sort of player weve been crying out for since promotion and hes being wasted.

Havent lost a game hes started in.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't be happy either if jeff schlupp was starting ahead of me. And I'm not very good at football
Old 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seeing Meyer on bench , he just looks fed up . He obviously must be thinking that after signing in the Summer he would be playing regular first team player . When he comes on as sub it is as if he knows unless he does something special in his limited time on pitch , he will be on bench again next time ( same as Sorloth in that respect .) Personally I would like to see him given a run of a few games alongside Luka and Kouyate . We are solid in midfield but lack someone who can retain possession well and pick out a telling pass . Unless he gets a chance I think he will be gone at end of season .
Old 10-03-2019, 08:56 PM

Gyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGyro1780 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been thinking for a while that we'd be stronger in midfield if we played the same players every game instead of keep swapping.
I'd play Luka & Kouyate with Meyer just in front of them. Max should be starting.

One week we have Luka with McArthur & Schlupp. Then it's Luka, Kouyate & McArthur etc.
I think Roy changes too much.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:10 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I just don't think he is a very social guy, whether it is due to being pissed off, shy, not confident of his English speaking ability or a Germain trait... only he knows I guess.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
I wouldn't be happy either if jeff schlupp was starting ahead of me. And I'm not very good at football
Evidently.....
Old 15-03-2019, 03:28 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Great, really interesting video.

Old 15-03-2019, 04:00 PM
The Spiky One

Just watched it... I think it dispels a lot of the preconceptions people on here have of him (me included).

Seems a lot more settled and happy than I gave him credit for.

Another good interview by Chris... he really seems to get players to relax around him.
Old 15-03-2019, 04:01 PM
The Spiky One

I couldn't quite catch who he said speaks a little German and he rooms with on away games.
Old 15-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro1780 View Post
I've been thinking for a while that we'd be stronger in midfield if we played the same players every game instead of keep swapping.
I'd play Luka & Kouyate with Meyer just in front of them. Max should be starting.

One week we have Luka with McArthur & Schlupp. Then it's Luka, Kouyate & McArthur etc.
I think Roy changes too much.
I don't think there's many fans that would disagree that the bit in bold is our best midfield three!