Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 12-05-2019, 08:18 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
Keeping Wilf and AWB will represent a decent window.
I'm not yet convinced we will or that it will be the best thing for the club. If we could miraculously sell some other players like Benteke, Wickham, Riedewald for decent fees then I would agree, but we are still running at a loss and yet the squad clearly needs investment this summer.

A couple of years ago Bolasie was our best player, out shining Wilf. I was gutted we sold him but not only was the money very good but it also enabled Wilf to shine. The fact we then wasted it all on Benteke is the worrying part as we can't afford another error like him (even in his first season we only just survived). Selling Gayle enabled us to buy Townsend, which was a good buy, even though I'd rather have just kept Gayle and not bought Benteke.

Back to Wilf, will he really be happy to stay if we don't invest much in the squad again, knowing we will probably be in yet another relegation battle? He's better than that and I'm sure his agent will be reminding him of that plus I think he will get frustrated, as he has shown on occasions this season.

AWB should probably stay for another season but then he would be a lot easier to sell due to his low wages, meaning we should get a massive transfer fee. If he does stay he will likely request a big pay rise, and our wage bill is already maxed out.

It's a tough one, glad I don't have to make the decisions.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:46 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We only just stayed up with CB so he was good value, even in hindsight you still buy him. Who is out there with his pre palace goal scoring profile and age that we could buy now for £28m.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:00 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Dwight Gayle playing very well against Villa, false no 9
I take it you posted this before he was sent off?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
I actually see quite a quiet summer, unless Wilf/AWB depart which would naturally change the dynamic hugely, especially Wilf as, good as he is, we could buy a young PL quality RB for significantly less than we would expect to get for AWB.

Our defence and keepers are pretty much sorted. Perri takes the 3 spot from Jules, maybe a young CB depending on how they see Sam Woods developing, Souare departing and a new LB coming in to force PVA to get back to form.

Central midfield - one needed with a different ball playing skill set to contrast with the more ball winning mentality of our current, good, set of players. Might be Meyer after a full pre season and adjustment. Need to sort out Jairo’s future which could generate funds and free wages.

Wide - need one addition regardless of Wilf, plus maybe get Ayew as a cover player on a low cost deal. We generally play narrow so Andros, Ayew, Wilf & Schlupp plus one would work. Not convinced on keeping Sako but RH does seem to like him - one year deal?

Up front - as usual, the issue. Benteke looks to be getting some form back, Wickham will have a decision made after a full, injury free pre season hopefully. They will also have been seeing how Sorloth has got on with regular play. One addition is a certainty, maybe two, and maybe loans.

The other wild card is they progression of Kirby, Dreher, Daly etc. Have any shown enough yet to be around the squad and cover off the bench?

Keep the away style and form and find the style to open up teams at home and the current set of players are nearly there. Look at it this way, put some of the myriad of chances at home to Cardiff in the net, reverse the two Weed results, and win one of the Watford games, and those 10 points have us challenging for 7th. The margins to move this squad upwards are very fine and won’t need any massive overhauls.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
£200k was his donation.

So I guess Messi is on the cards?
Aside from the 200k to the Brexit party he donated 100k to the conservatives before the 2017 election, he gave up to 5k to 138 conservative candidates and 1.7m to the 2015 official vote leave campaign.

Yes he's money, he's choice and not enough to buy a Messi but it all adds up to a considerable amount. When we are on a shoestring budget I think it's right to question his priorities don't you think?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:16 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In fairness to Gayle during his spell at Palace he was never truly used to his strengths which is mainly as a natural finisher playing just off the main striker, and NOT as the lone striker taking a battering. He was new to that level of football and was a massive step up to adjust to, it could well be he was never at premiership level but we could have made it easier for him if given the right support player alongside, one thing we knew he could do and that was an ability to finish and what would we give to have that type again.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
Aside from the 200k to the Brexit party he donated 100k to the conservatives before the 2017 election, he gave up to 5k to 138 conservative candidates and 1.7m to the 2015 official vote leave campaign.

Yes he's money, he's choice and not enough to buy a Messi but it all adds up to a considerable amount. When we are on a shoestring budget I think it's right to question his priorities don't you think?
He is a 5% shareholder.
You do realise he’s allowed other “priorities” right?
Old 12-05-2019, 11:51 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
I actually see quite a quiet summer, unless Wilf/AWB depart which would naturally change the dynamic hugely, especially Wilf as, good as he is, we could buy a young PL quality RB for significantly less than we would expect to get for AWB.

Our defence and keepers are pretty much sorted. Perri takes the 3 spot from Jules, maybe a young CB depending on how they see Sam Woods developing, Souare departing and a new LB coming in to force PVA to get back to form.

Central midfield - one needed with a different ball playing skill set to contrast with the more ball winning mentality of our current, good, set of players. Might be Meyer after a full pre season and adjustment. Need to sort out Jairo’s future which could generate funds and free wages.

Wide - need one addition regardless of Wilf, plus maybe get Ayew as a cover player on a low cost deal. We generally play narrow so Andros, Ayew, Wilf & Schlupp plus one would work. Not convinced on keeping Sako but RH does seem to like him - one year deal?

Up front - as usual, the issue. Benteke looks to be getting some form back, Wickham will have a decision made after a full, injury free pre season hopefully. They will also have been seeing how Sorloth has got on with regular play. One addition is a certainty, maybe two, and maybe loans.

The other wild card is they progression of Kirby, Dreher, Daly etc. Have any shown enough yet to be around the squad and cover off the bench?

Keep the away style and form and find the style to open up teams at home and the current set of players are nearly there. Look at it this way, put some of the myriad of chances at home to Cardiff in the net, reverse the two Weed results, and win one of the Watford games, and those 10 points have us challenging for 7th. The margins to move this squad upwards are very fine and won’t need any massive overhauls.
Good post, but if your transfer aspirations are realised, five new signings, Hardly a quite, quite summer, but I hope we go for it. Steve Parrish has signalled activty to push on to a top 10 in todays programme notes.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:34 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
It’s nothing to do with that. It’s revenue v expenditure. I’m a massive remainder and I also don’t particularly like the Zionist links of our American owners. But until we get the stadium expansion fuk all will change. Our wage bill is far too high compared with our revenue
Knew they were Jewish, but wasn’t aware that they were Zionist.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
Good post, but if your transfer aspirations are realised, five new signings, Hardly a quite, quite summer, but I hope we go for it. Steve Parrish has signalled activty to push on to a top 10 in todays programme notes.
After today, interesting to see Dreher involved. Suggests he may have a squad role rather than be loaned. On the incomings - I suppose I assumed two loans that would be “quiet”. Ward doing well at CB today is also a bonus.

My perfect summer?

Wilf and AWB stay
Second PL quality LB on a permanent
Attacking mid on a permanent
Ayew for £4m
Wide attacker on loan
Batshuayi on season loan
Benteke back to form and Wickham fully fit
One of Woods, Kirby & Daly to make debut.

We only have 25 places...

Guaita, Hennessey, Perri
AWB, Ward, PvA, Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Kelly
Luka, Kouyate, Macca, Meyer (Reidewald)
Townsend, Wilf, Schlupp (Ayew/Sako)
Beneteke, Wickham, (Sorloth)

Not that many spaces....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-05-2019, 06:09 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
We won't be spending big fees I very much doubt and nor should we. But the fact we've been scouting Reece James for so long suggests to me we have something to play with. I think the money is there to spend but we will be a lot more shrewd with it.

Reece James
Ezri Konsa
Aaron Mooy
Yusuf Yazici
Ayew
Abraham

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:16 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post

Why we need to look at the likes of Richie at Newcastle who i believe is on a free this summer as he’s a decent player. Probably already lined up a deal.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Why we need to look at the likes of Richie at Newcastle who i believe is on a free this summer as he’s a decent player. Probably already lined up a deal.
He’d be perfect as a 2nd choice striker.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
James Milner on a short term deal anyone if Liverpool don’t renew his contract? Old obviously, but he’s been magnificent this season, and is essentially a straight upgrade on Jimmy Mac.
Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 PM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Keeping that team that played today would be an accomplishment.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:08 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
We won't be spending big fees I very much doubt and nor should we. But the fact we've been scouting Reece James for so long suggests to me we have something to play with. I think the money is there to spend but we will be a lot more shrewd with it.

Reece James
Ezri Konsa
Aaron Mooy
Yusuf Yazici
Ayew
Abraham
What about Che Adams?
Old 14-05-2019, 06:16 AM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannea View Post
Reading online and social media we haven’t got much to spend again. Sounds like we’re in for a fun close season.
We only need to keep what we've got and add one or two to the squad.
Old 14-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post

Whilst I understand the sentiment EB, the fact is it’s HIS money and not the clubs. He’s hardly likely to spend HIS money on players is he ?

It’s like saying he shouldn’t buy a new motor or boat or spend his hard earned on prossies and Moet. Up to him what he does with his cash as long as it’s legal
Old 14-05-2019, 07:49 AM
King Claude

Richwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRichwak : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What about Giroud on a free? I can see him fitting our team very well! Obviously dependent on if he takes a pay cut for his next club which I imagine he knows he will have to do.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:53 AM

TC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTC EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd like aaron mooy from Huddersfield just to give the midfeild a little more competition