Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-05-2019, 08:10 AM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love the Smiths, currently listening to 'you just haven't earned it yet baby' one of my favourites
Old 24-05-2019, 11:38 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Don’t you listen to all that gansta rap shit ?
Nope, don't listen to that much "gansta rap". I prefer that more underground, experimental shit.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 24-05-2019, 01:53 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Your pack mentality is embarrassing
I think you are referring to your own inanity just cos you were caught out chatting shit by WCB.

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-05-2019, 01:54 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Weltarse ?
no its YOU

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I think there are enough milkshakes being thrown around on other threads.

This one is specifically about The Smiths.

Who were meh.
Not Meh - they made an impact in the 80's and much of their music stands the test of time.Morrissey himself has rapidly disappeared up his own arse though.

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-05-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrB View Post
Love the Smiths, currently listening to 'you just haven't earned it yet baby' one of my favourites
That is good call.

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love The Smith's, have done since I first heard This Charming Man in 1983. Was never a big Morrissey fan though.
Fave songs probably
Still ill
There is a light that never goes out
These things take time (Hatful version
Nowhere Fast
Cemetery Gates.
But if I did it again in half an hour that would change. One of the greatest bands of all time.
Old 24-05-2019, 02:26 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
On the subject of B sides....Adam Ant was a curious artist whose B sides were often as good if not better than his A’s.
Weren't a lot of the bsides to the big hits, rerecording of songs by the original Ants.
Old 24-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
The Smiths literally changed my life. Absolutely amazing. Shame Moz has gone a bit 'Milkshake recipient' on us. Thank God for Johnny Marr - still amazing and one of the nicest gezzers you'll ever meet.
Old 24-05-2019, 02:58 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
On the subject of B sides....Adam Ant was a curious artist whose B sides were often as good if not better than his A’s.
The Smiths often had better B sides too. A couple have been sited - Sweet and Tender Hooligan was the B side to Sheila take a Bow and better too imho.
Old 24-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Not Meh - they made an impact in the 80's and much of their music stands the test of time.Morrissey himself has rapidly disappeared up his own arse though.
Makes a change from having flowers sticking out of it I suppose.

Cricket wanker.
Old 24-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
I think you are referring to your own inanity just cos you were caught out chatting shit by WCB.
Despite me proving otherwise.

And how old have you got to be to send neg rep ?

Fvcking hell
Old 24-05-2019, 06:19 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I don’t listen to them much these days but they were a huge part of my mid/late teens. Just listened to Rubber Ring after the above posts. Great song. Great band, no question.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:03 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Actually, well bloody played you glorious lot. This has just re-awoken my love for this band. I was outside just now, playing fooy with my lad, listening to Louder Than Bombs. I appreciate it's a compilation album but it's stacked full of absolute jewels like Half a Person, Oscillate Wildly, London, Stretch Out & Wait, Girl Afraid.
Old 24-05-2019, 07:12 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I know it’s over and Suffer little children are my favourites. Anyone else of similar mind?
Old 24-05-2019, 07:18 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Actually, well bloody played you glorious lot. This has just re-awoken my love for this band. I was outside just now, playing fooy with my lad, listening to Louder Than Bombs. I appreciate it's a compilation album but it's stacked full of absolute jewels like Half a Person, Oscillate Wildly, London, Stretch Out & Wait, Girl Afraid.
Got the vinyl, great record
Old 24-05-2019, 08:40 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
I listened to Hatful Of Hollow incessantly for a time.
As good as The Smiths are, for me, they’re not even the greatest band in the Manchester area.
I prefer Oasis & The Stone Roses.
And if the Charlatans count they are the daddies.
Old 24-05-2019, 09:59 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
I listened to Hatful Of Hollow incessantly for a time.
As good as The Smiths are, for me, they’re not even the greatest band in the Manchester area.
I prefer Oasis & The Stone Roses.
And if the Charlatans count they are the daddies.
I follow your thoughts on music and you have my respect for your musical tastes.....

Well you did have....

Oasis better than Smiths.....?

‘Kin ell
Old 24-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I liked Milk is Murder, by Strolling Bones.
Old 25-05-2019, 04:39 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Weren't a lot of the bsides to the big hits, rerecording of songs by the original Ants.
They certainly sound like songs that were written in the Dirk Wears White Sox era - very punky - but I think they were re recorded at same time as his big hits by the second incarnation of his band: Marco, Merrick and the rest.

Christian D’or, Fall-in, Red scab, Friends...great songs.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel