Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:08 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Rooney shortlisted for World Player of the Year award

Justified?
Old 05-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No.

How on earth can he be that. What has he done this year?? A good couple of games for England and then a cracker for Man U. Anything else?
Old 05-10-2004, 03:12 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On the basis of his Euro 2004 performance and his hat-trick debut then I think he should be on shortlist for the European player. World Player sounds a bit too early.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:13 PM

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Wayne Rooney has been shortlisted for the Fifa World Player of the Year award which will be decided in December.

Rooney, 18, is one of 10 players from the 35 contenders who play their football in the Premiership.

The teenager's Manchester United team-mates Ruud van Nistelrooy, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ryan Giggs have also been nominated for the prestigious honour.

Thierry Henry, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, David Beckham and Michael Owen are also on the list.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:15 PM

CPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How can Owen make it, how many did he score last season? Wouldnt be too surprised if AJ scores more than he did last season now...
Old 05-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Time for Banter is playing for a contract
Yes, especially considering Owen and Giggs have also been nominated
Old 05-10-2004, 03:17 PM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Who else has been nominated?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any footballers who have been outstanding this year. Usually at a big tournament there is a star player but this year it was more about a hard working team than one outstanding individual.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:21 PM

Ronaldinho should win unless the world has gone completely stark raving bonkers.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Waiting in the sky.

Luke the Pirate is playing for a contract
Anyone have a link to the full list?
Old 05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Where's Aki on that list?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:25 PM

Johnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fearJohnson is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally posted by Luke the Pirate
Anyone have a link to the full list?
Nominations for the 2004 World Fifa Player of the Year award:

Adriano (Brazil)
Roberto Ayala (Argentina)
Michael Ballack (Germany)
Milan Baros (Czech Rep)
David Beckham (England)
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy)
Cafu (Brazil)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
Deco (Portugal)
Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon)
Luis Figo (Portugal)
Steven Gerrard (England)
Ryan Giggs (Wales)
Thierry Henry (France)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden)
Oliver Kahn (Germany)
Kaka (Brazil)
Frank Lampard (England)
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
Roy Makaay (Holland)
Paolo Maldini (Italy)
Pavel Nedved (Czech Rep)
Alessandro Nesta (Italy)
Michael Owen (England)
Robert Pires (France)
Raul (Spain)
Roberto Carlos (Brazil)
Ronaldinho (Brazil)
Ronaldo (Brazil)
Wayne Rooney (England)
Andrej Shevchenko (Ukraine)
Ruud van Nistelrooy (Holland)
Theodoros Zagorakis (Greece)
Zinedine Zidane (France)
Old 05-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Raul??? A few weeks ago, he hadn't scored since december!!

Deco??? Most over-rated piece of cack ever to wear a football shirt. People talk of Kaviedes flattering to deceive!!

Who makes these lists!

I think though Rooney justifies a place amongst the top 35 in the world, think you not?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Henry surely
Old 05-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Good Morning

B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad  B the Bad
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnson
Nominations for the 2004 World Fifa Player of the Year award:

David Beckham (England)
Deco (Portugal)
Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)
Luis Figo (Portugal)
Steven Gerrard (England)
Ryan Giggs (Wales)
Frank Lampard (England)
Michael Owen (England)
Wayne Rooney (England)
Ok, from the original quote, I have only kept in the ones I REALLY feel I need to mention.

Rooney - I think Rooney's performance @ the Euros should equal European Player of the year possibly, after all, that is the biggest competition as far as Europe goes. But he'll need a few years under his belt before he gets World Player.

Beckham - ????? ha ha ha, are you having a laugh? Since he's played in the centre, he's forgotten how to cross the ball. And as for playing in central midfield, he's terrible there... A Celeb, not a Football Player...

Deco - I'd have to agree fully with a post just above, Deco is a pile of trash, with good technique. He'll never amount to a great player.

Didier Drogba - What the hell?????? He's been a Turkey for Chelsea, missed a truckload of sitters and has skied the ball plenty of times.
\/\/( )\/\/, he conquered the French League, didn't Bakayoko do the same a few years back?

Figo - FIIIGOOOO??? WTF?? This is when your reputation really does wonders for you. Figo has been crap for club and country since he left Barcelona. At Barca he was one of the best Right Wingers the world had seen, then the big head takes control and he wants "more responsibility" and expects to come more in the centre (just like Beckham). (He had one great game in the Euros though, I think against the Dutch, but that's it really). Another one of these preposterous Football Celebrities.

Steven Gerrard - Ok, now this must be a mistake? A misprint? Because sure, the guy has been excellent at humping the ball upfront to Michael Owen most of his career. The poor guy has never been involved in exceptional Football, he's never met a good Coach or Manager. This is a shame, cause he has a truckload of potential, he's just not the smartest of guys and has a weak character (oh, like 98% of Footballers).

Giggs - Ok, now I love Ryan Giggs. People tend to forget that he's been dominating in a Red shirt since about 93. Beckham is no ManU legend, this guy REALLY is, and has been since 93 (Beckham only dominated in maybe 2 seasons). But the last two seasons, Giggs really has looked very mediocre and I HATE to admit that. I will stick by him till he retires though. Top notch player and a loyal legend.

Lampard - Ok, this is where you just NEED to draw the line with this bullsh1t. I wanna tear my hair out at how crap these Football "authorities" are when it comes to Football. Frank Lampard is a very average Footballer who is sky high on confidence and knows where the goal is. Take away his confidence and give him a goal drought and what do you have? JAMIE REDKNAPP, ha ha ha. Pile of turd. You people need to realise this.

Owen - Unreal, absolutely unreal that he's in this list. The guy's not controlled the ball properly since, erm, since the whole of his career. Very much like Beckham and Gerrard, he's become a nancy boy, FIFA aarse-kissing celebrity footballing b@stard. Glad to see Real Madrid obviously haven't watched him play Football in years (since France 98 maybe) and saw the money market and decided to grab him and have now finally realised how dog crap he is in training and in the games, ha ha haaaaaaaaaaar! Excellent stuff...
Old 06-10-2004, 03:05 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If, about 5 years ago, you had told Leicester fans that Theo Zagorakis would be shortlisted for World Player of the Year...

... well that would be like me telling you that in 5 years, Shaun Derry will be shortlisted for the same award.

No exagerration.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Johnson
Thierry Henry (France)
Pavel Nedved (Czech Rep)
Ronaldinho (Brazil)
Wayne Rooney (England)
Andrej Shevchenko (Ukraine)
Zinedine Zidane (France)
are the only ones that should be on that list in my opinion.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:13 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If France had done better at the Euros Henri would have been a shoe in. Hes definitely done more than anyone from Real Madrid.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:13 PM
odious little scroat

Location: Turning the streets of Wallington into a Red N Blue paradise
c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad c_block_lad
Where is AJ?

If they've suffered a bit of distress this weekend... good.

Please allow decent Palace fans like c_block_lad his moment of happiness. He's living on the front line, and doing a marvellous job.

Keep the striped flag flying high.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At home, why?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:17 PM
♥ Mile

Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
are the only ones that should be on that list in my opinion.
But if they have to run a 35-man short(long)-list, then they have to pick 35 players!

No doubt the players that you picked out will be near the top.